'23 FL DE Keon Keeley (Notre Dame Verbal)

WilliamWallace

Active Member, Yes
Reaction score
This is nothing new, we’re all very aware Bama and everyone else is trying to flip him. I think we should leave this thread alone until there’s significant information. It’s not like rehashing the same shit over and over is going to help our cause.

DONTH8

DefinitelynotCoachD
Reaction score
Part of me is excited that Bama is going so hard for this guy. If we can land him over Bama, it's like Cassius Clay landing a blow on Sonny. It was the first time Sonny hit the mat, and then ultimately Sonny loses the match. This is a chance to show Bama and the world that we are not to be reckoned with. If ND can pull it off, it was literally Bama throwing the entire kitchen at a guy and we landed him.

Flip side, Bama is unwilling to lose. Drops bags of cash. I get sad like the rest here. But till that happens, I am excited at the idea of competing head to head and taking Bama's best shot on the chin and smiling after.

NDGOLDEN

Reaction score
Not much of an update; more of a summary of what is currently known about the visit.
Gotcha all I could read was growing possibility of him… guessing the next word was flipping

It was more so meant for why is bama bama and trying to steal our gems. Don’t they have enough gems lol

T Town Tommy

Alabama Bag Man
Reaction score
This is nothing new, we’re all very aware Bama and everyone else is trying to flip him. I think we should leave this thread alone until there’s significant information. It’s not like rehashing the same shit over and over is going to help our cause.
I will reserve posting anything else until there is a more substantial update. Thanks.

Irish Heaven72

Reaction score
I've been reading that OSU might be entering the picture for Keeley. His uncle is a huge OSU fan and is trying to push him to Columbus - and Keeley is close to his uncle. He'll be at the ND-OSU game.

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
I've been reading that OSU might be entering the picture for Keeley. His uncle is a huge OSU fan and is trying to push him to Columbus - and Keeley is close to his uncle. He'll be at the ND-OSU game.
He'll be at the game when we win and all the fans are pissed and cussing drunk and leaving the stadium in a bad mood. Campus will be a somber depression.

laughingirish90

Reaction score
still wondering how so many are in manic mode when the kid is still a verbal to our irish. everybody including me needs to just take a break from this thread and just take a deep breath and relax and go and listen to some good chill music or something

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
I think ND will hang on here. ND was on this kid pretty early. Going to OSU or Alabama is not some meaningful step up in exposure or anything. Kid can come to ND, play in big games against big teams, get all the exposure he can ask for, and go on to the League in 3 years.

I'm choosing to be an optimist.

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
ND Rivals, OSU's Eleven Warriors and I believe OSU's Huddle about a week ago. Keeley's been in touch with OSU commit Luke Montgomery with whom he shared his uncle loving OSU
I love when uncles get involved in recruiting. I haven't talked to any of my uncles in 10 years and I don't have a problem with them. They're just uncles.

ndfanatic78

Reaction score
I love when uncles get involved in recruiting. I haven't talked to any of my uncles in 10 years and I don't have a problem with them. They're just uncles.
Whats your point? I talk to my nephews and niece at least 3 times a week.

Reaper97

Reaction score
Whats your point? I talk to my nephews and niece at least 3 times a week.
Would you push them somewhere you are a fan of for selfish reasons?
It’s amazing how many relatives are worried about their lives. And I don’t care about financial concerns. Many of these relatives are concerned about their own financial situations, not the kids.
My parents would rather have been homeless then get in the way of my dreams.

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
It’s amazing how many relatives are worried about their lives. And I don’t care about financial concerns. Many of these relatives are concerned about their own financial situations, not the kids.
Right. I am close with my nieces and nephews too. One is a very talented swimmer. I don't give a damn where she goes. Not because I don't care, but because it's none of my damn business. In fact, if I had even the slightest influence on that choice if it were a tough call, I would feel like a major tool if she hated her life after the fact. That's something she has to do from the heart w/out overbearing parental influence or and especially an uncle that did not swim at a high level or at all.

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
I have pitched family members on going to specific schools. There is a right and wrong way to go about it. If its light-hearted or just encouraging them to consider it...that's fine. If you get weird or mean or nasty about it, then that's toxic and manipulative.

Reaper97

Reaction score
I have pitched family members on going to specific schools. There is a right and wrong way to go about it. If its light-hearted or just encouraging them to consider it...that's fine. If you get weird or mean or nasty about it, then that's toxic and manipulative.
I’m talking more of the fanatic or financial way.
I have no problem with saying, “don’t forget I love ND…” but that’s it.
I was in one branch of the military. I help mentor kids in choosing service academies, ROTC, and enlistment. I never push anyone towards my branch or career path. I would be pushing myself into someone else’s life who trusts me to be a mentor and listens to me over everyone else. That’s an incredible power & privilege I take very seriously. I will always look out for their best interests.

Jimmy3Putt

KooL
Reaction score
Not sure how you could steer your nephew or kid away from Notre Dame?
I understand you're a fan, but what's best for him long term?

*7 figure NiL deals not included.