'23 FL DE Keon Keeley (Notre Dame Verbal)

WilliamWallace

Active Member, Yes
Reaction score
I wouldn’t want him crashing down on me like he did to the QB in first vid. Feel bad for the that kid 😂 Good sportsmanship from KK for attempting to help him up.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Free article with Andrew Ivins of 247. He was at Keon's game last weekend and gives a quick eval.

Reaper97

Reaction score
Free article with Andrew Ivins of 247. He was at Keon's game last weekend and gives a quick eval.

Did you hear what Sampson said about going to Keeley’s game?
Sampson said he was going to Freeman’s talk down in Tampa so he decided to go to Keeley’s game & meet with him.
Said the staff there informed him they were not allowing anybody to meet with Keeley. He said the coach is pro-ND, the family is pro-ND, and even Godsey (ND alum) is looking after Keeley on the staff.
Said he did get to talk with Tre Reader though & Keeley is locked in to ND.

I guess that is a good thing the HS staff is keeping everyone away from Keeley since he is surrounded by pro-ND people now.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
11129505.png

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This was posted at II. Apparently there is a price tag on Keon’s recruitment?

Irish4life

Reaction score
Seems like an offhand comment to a weird fan speaking for the family. He will make a TON of money at ND. If he flips, he flips.

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Reaction score
Yeah, she is basically saying they'll reconsider when pigs fly. Everything she has said in the past has been pro ND. Not going to get worried unless a visit is taken.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
If you read her later replies, sounds like the guy she's replying to is a bit challenged and creepier than the regular creep that replies to recruits.

Dale

Reaction score
This doesnt make sense though.

If Nico is worth $8M... I would think that $1M for Keeley is a bargain. The way this tweet is phrased, $1m is an astronomical amount that no one has come close to offering.
I’d imagine not any DEs even of Keeley’s nature are getting $1M upfront or secured. They may be getting promises of it but not here’s $1M.

benneboy

Reaction score
That's not great. We don't think a collective is going to send the Keely's a message in the next week offering them a million bucks? That's 100% going to happen when he's the #1 edge rusher and his Mom sends that out to the universe to see.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's not great. We don't think a collective is going to send the Keely's a message in the next week offering them a million bucks? That's 100% going to happen when he's the #1 edge rusher and his Mom sends that out to the universe to see.
This was my thinking as well. You put this out and it's going to get back to the people that make those decisions. Whether it was intended too or not, it just put a price tag on the recruitment. We'll see where it goes from here.

CanadalovesND

Reaction score
This was my thinking as well. You put this out and it's going to get back to the people that make those decisions. Whether it was intended too or not, it just put a price tag on the recruitment. We'll see where it goes from here.
Whether she realized it or not, she basically insinuated that they are open for business with a big enough cheque. Now, whether she said it in jest or not, that could be something that is overlooked.

Also, it is sort of common sense that most, if not everyone, would at the very least entertain offers of 1 million +

Pops Freshenmeyer

Reaction score
Quick question on NIL since I couldn't find the NIL thread. Could it be sold that signing with a collective actually caps your earning potential? I.E. If Tennessee offered Keely 1mill but they own his NIL rights doesn't that prevent him from making any more going forward? Vs if FUND put together x amount + everything you get throughout your college career is yours. Seems like a reasonable pitch to counteract some of this.
I am willing to bet that there are strings attached to the large offers that last beyond their CFB days. They may not own all NIL rights going forward (which would be self defeating because the athlete would have no incentives to obtain sponsors) but probably a hefty share.

Irish'15

I’m not a businessman; I’m a business, man.
Reaction score
Whether she realized it or not, she basically insinuated that they are open for business with a big enough cheque. Now, whether she said it in jest or not, that could be something that is overlooked.

Also, it is sort of common sense that most, if not everyone, would at the very least entertain offers of 1 million +
Yes, but would you take $1 mill to play at Jackson State or $500k if you were getting a free $60k education and a ND degree? The people perpetuating the lie that highest bidder is the best move are part of the problem.

benneboy

Reaction score
I am willing to bet that there are strings attached to the large offers that last beyond their CFB days. They may not own all NIL rights going forward (which would be self defeating because the athlete would have no incentives to obtain sponsors) but probably a hefty share.
I'm getting this from this article BTW. It's specific to Nico I. but they own all of his NIL rights

"8 million in exchange for the collective marketing revenue made off the player’s NIL rights for the next four years"

Pops Freshenmeyer

Reaction score
I'm getting this from this article BTW. It's specific to Nico I. but they own all of his NIL rights

"8 million in exchange for the collective marketing revenue made off the player’s NIL rights for the next four years"
That looks more like they are trying to prevent him from getting money from a third party; not actually get revenue back. Hence the time limitation on it.

That is: he took their money to go to UT. They want to stop him from getting money from another school, er, collective who might want to pay him to go somewhere else.

benneboy

Reaction score
I do think one point of clarification here is that momma Keely said if they were offered 1 mill in NIL money they wouldn't throw it back. That doesn't equate to we'd go to a different school for that amount of money because the money isn't supposed to be tied to attending specific universities.

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score
I moved everything to the NIL thread right as Cacky was deleting it.