'23 CAN/MD DL Devan Houstan (Notre Dame Verbal)

Bluto

Reaction score
It’s absurd that Freeman & Co. are doing this in the NIL era. Hope it holds together.
Don’t think it’s a coincidence that it’s a relatively young African American who played at a high level, is a hustler and is a high character guy that has produced these results.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Imagine if we could compete with the other schools in NIL, how much more lethal MFMF would be
I do wonder about this, when you read about just how widespread, and well-funded, NIL collectives are rapidly becoming. It seems like any recruit who's worth a damn could get a sizable cash deal right now. Yet we reel in this string of high-four stars without one? Feels like one of three things (or, probably, some combo of all three).

1: We do, in fact, have a competitive NIL operation it's just very under-the-radar.
2: We're going to lose a bunch of these commits over the next seven months.
3: Freeman/staff are doing a tremendous job both of targeting the right kids (ones who won't be swayed by easy/early money) and on selling them all that Notre Dame does offer.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Most Excellent.

Xyg3.gif

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Updated R&R's

247 Comp: ...... :s::s::s::s: 0.9223 Comp, #27 DL, #191 Overall
247: .................... :s::s::s::s: 91 rating, #27 DL, #174 Overall
Rivals: ................ :s::s::s::s: 5.8 rating, #14 DT
ESPN: ................. :s::s::s::s: 82 rating, #12 DL, #182 Overall
On3: ................... :s::s::s::s: 90 rating, #35 DL, #242 Overall
On3 Cons: ........ :s::s::s::s: 90.60 Cons, #28 DL, #216 Overall

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do wonder about this, when you read about just how widespread, and well-funded, NIL collectives are rapidly becoming. It seems like any recruit who's worth a damn could get a sizable cash deal right now. Yet we reel in this string of high-four stars without one? Feels like one of three things (or, probably, some combo of all three).

1: We do, in fact, have a competitive NIL operation it's just very under-the-radar.
3: Freeman/staff are doing a tremendous job both of targeting the right kids (ones who won't be swayed by easy/early money) and on selling them all that Notre Dame does offer.

I think it’s some combo of 1 and 3, as I don’t think it’ll be a bunch of commits that waffle. But, I do think it could make for some interesting in-season recruiting.

Irish4life

Reaction score

60% 3, 40% 1 IMHO

Mavericknyc1980

Reaction score

I think it’s more 1 and 3 not necessarily 2. I think we have a bigger NIL packeage then what we let the public know. Freeman and his staff know how to get these locked in and stay locked in.

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Reaction score
Four IE commentators have given opinions about ND and active NIL "program" just above this post. Since it's such a major new part of recruiting I'd like to ask, "does anyone actually know what they're talking about here, or are such posts just spinning hopeful BS?"

Rogue219

Reaction score
Four IE commentators have given opinions about ND and active NIL "program" just above this post. Since it's such a major new part of recruiting I'd like to ask, "does anyone actually know what they're talking about here, or are such posts just spinning hopeful BS?"
My answer is: D) 4

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Rogue219

Reaction score
Is there still time to save anyone who jumped off the bridge into the river when Mike Elston left?

If so, do we want to?