'23 CAN/MD DL Devan Houstan (Notre Dame Verbal)

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It’ll be interesting to see how he develops. He’s got that baby fat body type that you could really see filling out while keeping his movement skills. Very good bend and balance for a big man. I bet they feel like they got a steal here.

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score
I think they said he's 6'5 or 6'4 270-280 right now as a soon-to-be senior in high school. I'll go out on a limb and say he's a NT until he goes vegan and proves me wrong.

Dale

Reaction score

My gut says he may be already committed based off some verbiage and overall tone of the recent updates on him. Would be a nice add in the middle

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Balis made an impression on him. Tells me this kid isn't afraid of some hard work.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
If he picks ND over SCUM then its a big big blunder for SCUM considering his brother already there on bball team

Dale

Reaction score
EJ is predicting him to ND

Reasoning:

“Devan was more of a Notre Dame kid but that Michigan could make a run if Caleb stayed. This one is now trending heavily towards the Irish.”

A actually smart scUM fan:

“Seems like a lot of the kids that Michigan wants are turning out to be Notre Dame kids”

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Locked in for the June 10th weekend. The only question is if he will be committed before then or after.

BrownerandFry

Reaction score
Taller defensive linemen are on the way.
On the current roster, Cross, one of the Ademilolas and Lacey are under 6'2.
the other Ademilola and Keanaaaina as 6'3"

We are on the way to getting taller on the front line, and with Balis having larger frames on which to build muscle......
the first four DL drafted in round 1 by the NFL were
6'5"
6'7"
6'4"
6'6"

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Taller defensive lineman are already on the roster.

Foskey, Mills, Rubio, Onye, Gobaira and Ehrensberger are all listed at 6’5+. Tyson Ford at 6’4. So, like half our scholarship DL are 6’4 or taller, lol.

arrowryan

Reaction score
He moves really, really well for already being 6'5", 270+ pounds. I'd think it would take a kid that big a few years to grow into the body.

Out of all the guys expected to be in our DL class, I think he has one of the highest ceilings. Keeley obviously has the highest; I think he has Chase Young potential.

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
Incredible how bad Michigan is recruiting considering the year they just had. I’d they are going to take a jump under Harbaugh, it has to be now.