'23 CA WR Rico Flores (Offer)

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
Fantastic! I think Flores is the most complete WR recruit ND has taken since, like, Charlie Weis was around.
Interesting comment. Not disagreeing just not sure why you think that. I haven’t followed him much or watched his tape. Just see the ranking, which is not super high. We’ve certainly had some really good receivers during the BK era. Fuller, Claypool, etc. Styles was a big get. We’ve had some busts that were 5 star. If he’s the most complete since Weis, he’s very good.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Interesting comment. Not disagreeing just not sure why you think that. I haven’t followed him much or watched his tape. Just see the ranking, which is not super high. We’ve certainly had some really good receivers during the BK era. Fuller, Claypool, etc. Styles was a big get. We’ve had some busts that were 5 star. If he’s the most complete since Weis, he’s very good.

I don't completely agree with Pops because there have been some solid WR recruits that lived up to the hype under Kelly, but I get what he is saying. Flores is going to come in ready to contribute right away. Very polished and great route runner and physically ready. Of James, Greathouse, Hanafin, and Flores, I'd bet Flores has the best freshman year, but one of the others gets drafted higher.

Pops Freshenmeyer

Reaction score
I'm not declaring him the best overall prospect in that time frame but I don't think others can match his combination of physical skills and polish. I think all those guys had some uncertainty about developing a core part of their game. I'm not worried about Flores's ability to beat press coverage, block, catch the ball, or create separation. I think those abilities are all there already, even if he's not an athlete on the level of Claypool.

Dale

Reaction score
He reminds of kind of in the middle of CJ Williams and Amon Ra St Brown. Not quite the twitch of St. Brown but he doesn’t have elite speed either. Not quite the brute size of Williams (a good thing). Polished. Physical style of plays.

benneboy

Reaction score
He reminds of kind of in the middle of CJ Williams and Amon Ra St Brown. Not quite the twitch of St. Brown but he doesn’t have elite speed either. Not quite the brute size of Williams (a good thing). Polished. Physical style of plays.
Reminds me of CJ Williams a bit but Greathouse is a fair amount bigger and probably continues to grow.

NDty9

Reaction score
No actual football had occurred prior to me moving on...
Well it didnt get any better sir..... the QB play was abysmal (if you could get around the obnoxious narrating of each play)

Was a few nice plays by Rico, but really hard to tell ANYTHING with his QB being so awful. Also a nice long TD catch and run by our boy Flannigan.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
The key to all of this going forward is going to be solidifying a great group of WR in 2023 AND in 2024. Get them in and let them all compete for reps. There is going to be an opportunity. You have the triggerman in the fold with Carr, maybe a 2023 guy as well.

James, Flores, Greathouse, Hanafin would be a great start.

By kickoff in Columbus in a few months this class will look even better than it does today and by February we're likely looking at one of the best they've had this century, if not THE best in that respect.

NDty9

Reaction score
The key to all of this going forward is going to be solidifying a great group of WR in 2023 AND in 2024. Get them in and let them all compete for reps. There is going to be an opportunity. You have the triggerman in the fold with Carr, maybe a 2023 guy as well.

James, Flores, Greathouse, Hanafin would be a great start.

By kickoff in Columbus in a few months this class will look even better than it does today and by February we're likely looking at one of the best they've had this century, if not THE best in that respect.
I know there has been some talk of Rico being the guy who will make the biggest impact out of the gate.... but i d k, James just seems like an ABSOLUTE STUD to me!

Regardless, would love to have ALL these guys in the fold, especially coming off the disaster of WR recruiting last year

ND87

Reaction score
Chris Olave was the composite #399 player in 2018. They're not all five stars.

Hartline is the best WR coach and recruiter in the game. That's all there is to it.
interesting list...

Rockin’Irish

Hearing Impaired
Reaction score