'23 CA WR Rico Flores (Offer)

NDMIA

Reaction score
Ohio State - 4/9/22
Georgia - 4/30/22
Notre Dame - Never Visited

Interesting one is that he hasn’t visited his other schools a ton. He’ll be making a decision after 1-2 visits to each of his finalists. He’s another one where the official visit will mean everything! Also curious what happens with Ohio State’s WR class because he may fall into ND’s lap if Ohio State fills up on higher ranked guys

KPENN

Tip your vBookie
Staff member
Reaction score
Ohio State - 4/9/22
Georgia - 4/30/22
Notre Dame - Never Visited

Interesting one is that he hasn’t visited his other schools a ton. He’ll be making a decision after 1-2 visits to each of his finalists. He’s another one where the official visit will mean everything! Also curious what happens with Ohio State’s WR class because he may fall into ND’s lap if Ohio State fills up on higher ranked guys
Jamie at ISD seems to think it’s definitely a possibility

fightingirish26

Reaction score
Def a projection pick from the Fong and Loy said he's not there yet.

As long as OSU doesn't whiff on their whole board and Rico doesn't flat out hate his first ND visit, then that does seem like a solid projection.

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Reaction score
Would love to see the numbers of guys who commit to ND without visiting and where they end up on signing day.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
While CP's meme is funny AF let's all agree that Del, Denson & Lyght would all have been MUCH better under Freeman's umbrella instead of Krawfish Kelly's House of Low-T Effort.

The question is... How good would 2016 Keith Gilmore been on this staff?

jason_h537

The King is Back
Reaction score
Absolutely it starts at the top. If your boss says be at your desk and logged in by 9AM but he shows up at 10, domt be surprised if most of the office shows up after 9.

If your boss shows up at 8AM, I bet most if not everyone is on time, if not early. That said I don't think Lyght or Denson really liked the "business" of D1 football

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
While CP's meme is funny AF let's all agree that Del, Denson & Lyght would all have been MUCH better under Freeman's umbrella instead of Krawfish Kelly's House of Low-T Effort.

The question is... How good would 2016 Keith Gilmore been on this staff?
Maybe to a limited extent. If they needed Kelly to be more high energy for them to be more high energy, then they didn't have the drive in the first place.

NDIrish88

Reaction score
Absolutely it starts at the top. If your boss says be at your desk and logged in by 9AM but he shows up at 10, domt be surprised if most of the office shows up after 9.

If your boss shows up at 8AM, I bet most if not everyone is on time, if not early. That said I don't think Lyght or Denson really liked the "business" of D1 football
My boss strolled in early and nobody gave a shit lol

Comes down to setting expectations and accountability to those expectations. Freeman has done that.

ryno 24

Reaction score
I think this Kid is an absolute freak. I think he is a true wr. Reminds me of a Will Fuller Chris Olave type player. Would Love to add him.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score

Lol this Boomer analogy is killing me

brewdog_14527

Reaction score
I have heard that ND could be the spot for Flores, in part because Ohio State may be full at WR by the time he decides. I see they have one committed and Noah Rodgers is being CB'd there by many analysts. Who else are they looking and maybe lead for, outside of Carnell, who I don't know if they still lead for?

Dale

Reaction score
I have heard that ND could be the spot for Flores, in part because Ohio State may be full at WR by the time he decides. I see they have one committed and Noah Rodgers is being CB'd there by many analysts. Who else are they looking and maybe lead for, outside of Carnell, who I don't know if they still lead for?
They already have Bryson Rodgers who is a three star but they had been on as a priority from the beginning.

They like their chances on Noah Rodgers, Tate and Innis. They are also already in great shape early for 2024 kids. Not sure what they’re target # is.

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
Rico probably won't sniff the field at OSU until he was as senior if we're being honest here. Their WR room is just insanely stacked,

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score
and our WR room is a slimly stocked cupboard, no disrespect to our current players. Tons of upside but so few players to potentially realize it. We need lots of big time players, I'm super excited that we may add Flores and Greathouse to B James. That is an incredible 3 man haul, if we can add 1 more, Stuckey is earning his money and a bonus.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is Wiltfong’s CB article on the pick. He mentions that this pick is somewhat to do with how much ND covets Rico. Sounds to me like we push harder, maybe due to space, than the other two. And that will matter. Don’t care, I’ll take it.

Ohio State and Georgia have impressed Flores as well, I just think the way he's coveted at ND will be the difference come decision day July 3.

benneboy

Reaction score
I think this Kid is an absolute freak. I think he is a true wr. Reminds me of a Will Fuller Chris Olave type player. Would Love to add him.
I had the exact same 2 Wrs in my mind while watching his reel. Would be a great compliment to James

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Olave & Kyion Grayes are the correct comps.

Fuller's a unicorn.