'23 AZ OT Elijah Paige (Offer)

Sea Turtle

Reaction score
The three flips we have were from Stanford, Kansas State and Boston College.

Those were situations where ND was a game-changing offer for 3 guys that committed to mid-power 5 programs.

That shouldn't be happening to ND, especially if recruiting is the name of the game for MF.
I don't know that Notre Dame to Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia and soon to be USC isn't the same type of jump as Kansas State, Stanford and Boston College to Notre Dame.

Dale

Reaction score
The three flips we have were from Stanford, Kansas State and Boston College.

Those were situations where ND was a game-changing offer for 3 guys that committed to mid-power 5 programs.

That shouldn't be happening to ND, especially if recruiting is the name of the game for MF.

Okay. Circumstance wasn’t really relevant positive or negative. Dylan Edwards was a previous target of both ND and DMC. We circled back to him. Wasn’t really a point any more or less than that.

If we’re addressing circumstance, I personally like Paige’s potential, but he was so lowly rated that he wasn’t even being factored our team recruiting ranking on one site, brought the average actually down on all of them. He becomes USCs crown jewel of their OL class. Good for them. Joins Vandy as a school who did similar recently.

Last edited:

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
well-bye.gif

jprue24

Reaction score
Has anyone ever not committed to a school citing their out-of-conference schedule being too weak? Playing shit teams to extend your preseason seems to be the norm of just about every hight profile top tier team. Time to stop sticking our noses up and just play Marshall every week... oh wait.
SEC powers regularly schedule a big out-of-conference early. For example, Georgia since 2017 has scheduled big games early in 4 out of the 5 seasons ('20 doesn't count). They play Clemson again in '24 as well.

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
I'm fine with only taking 4 guys in this class at OL, use the scholarship on another WR or DL Guy
I suppose. It does put more pressure on Absher, Jagusah, Chan and Wagner. ND needs some stellar tackles from that group.

I think ND is fine at receiver, provided they close things out with Lyons and Love. I consider Edwards as a slot at the next level, who can occasionally line up at RB, while Love is the opposite, a RB who can line up at slot.