'23 AZ OT Elijah Paige (Notre Dame Verbal)

arrowryan

Reaction score
It sounds like they want 5. Elijah, allegedly, is a take. Freeling is likely to pick last anyway, so I see no reason not to take Page as soon as they can. Unless there's someone better than Elijah that they think they could get (Okunola)
Maybe the kid from Iowa. They seem to love him.

stpeteirish

Reaction score
It would be ironic if we take five because we're losing one we already have and their both from the same HS. Unlikely, tho, as Bobby points out if Baker doesn't develop the locals will be able to use that to dissuade Paige.

irishff1014

Reaction score
Talked to a coach at one of Paige's rivals and he hears it's Paige & Duce to SC with Washington in second for Paige. Washington OL coach Scott Duff is also from one of Pinnacle's rivals and finished 2nd to Quinn for Tosh. Word is they don't think ND is being 100% aggressive for him and there could be some blow back in how Tosh has developed. Also said he would be shocked if Tosh doesn't GT out unless injury opens up a spot for him long term. I asked where he would go... he said he should go to SC.

It sounds like SC has passed Oregon and is back at the top for local kids.

If you didn’t think Riley would recruit well at SC you should stop watch college football. He isn’t Urban but they travel the same roads.

HouseofPain

Reaction score
Talked to a coach at one of Paige's rivals and he hears it's Paige & Duce to SC with Washington in second for Paige. Washington OL coach Scott Duff is also from one of Pinnacle's rivals and finished 2nd to Quinn for Tosh. Word is they don't think ND is being 100% aggressive for him and there could be some blow back in how Tosh has developed. Also said he would be shocked if Tosh doesn't GT out unless injury opens up a spot for him long term. I asked where he would go... he said he should go to SC.

Maybe just maybe Tosh warming the bench is more about Tosh's effort and less about ND developing him...?

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With Samson officially off the board I think this is a really smart move. If they can get Paige around the beginning of July, his timeframe for decision after OV’s. Then all in on Freeling as a BPA.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
With Samson officially off the board I think this is a really smart move. If they can get Paige around the beginning of July, his timeframe for decision after OV’s. Then all in on Freeling as a BPA.

If Jagusah is still Irish as the industry believes, then adding Freeling at BPA for 6 means a couple of current guys won't be for long.

And that's entirely possible.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
Driskell and Ryan Roberts just said that things are looking good with Paige. Also mentioned that he was physically bigger than what he was during the season. Apparently he has filled out really nicely.

Reaper97

Reaction score
Did Paige commit?

The national/regional guys out west all put picks on for ND with high confidence levels with 15 minutes of each other.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did Paige commit?

The national/regional guys out west all put picks on for ND with high confidence levels with 15 minutes of each other.
Certainly feels like this is another one of those, I'm coming but want to finish my visits type of situations.

BoredIrish

Reaction score
His host was Tosh Baker. I would have suspected Baker was a potential transfer out... but this is a good sign.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
His host was Tosh Baker. I would have suspected Baker was a potential transfer out... but this is a good sign.
Driskell mentioned that Tosh likes Harry and it's likely that Tosh has had conversations with Elijah about how much he likes Harry's coaching.

Reaper97

Reaction score
Driskell mentioned that Tosh likes Harry and it's likely that Tosh has had conversations with Elijah about how much he likes Harry's coaching.
Not disagreeing with you, but you have to take anything Driskell says about HH with a grain of salt.

Dale

Reaction score
That was supposed to be June 10th. Besides all of them, USC June 17th is the one it’d naturally want cancelled the most.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
Just watched his film. Extremely athletic and plays until the whistle blows. I haven't seen every OT in the country but either it's an insanely deep OT class or he's criminally underrated. He has a heck of an offer list, too. Auburn, Miami, Michigan, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Tennessee, USC, UCLA, Wisconsin, etc.

NDdomer2

Staff member
Reaction score

Time for new sources Crusader?

ND is in good position to land both Freeling and Jagusah. Slow playing Paige is the right move here.

HH disagrees on the slow play.