'22 VA DE Aiden Gobaira (Notre Dame Signee)

irishff1014

Reaction score
Weak-side Defensive End
Chantilly, VA
Chantilly HS

Early Enrollee

9894718.jpg

Measurements:
Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 210

Rankings:
247...................3*.....89..........Nat: NR.....St: 10.....Pos: 15
247comp...........3*.....8839......Nat: 377.....St: 12.....Pos: 23
ESPN................NR.....NR..........Nat: NR.....St: NR.....Pos: NR
Rivals................3*.....5.7........Nat: NR.....St: 16.....Pos: 26

R&R's - 7-16-21
247 Comp ..... 4* ..... #31 DL ...... #218 OA ..... 9154
247 ................ 4* ..... #22 DL ...... #148 OA ..... 92
Rivals ............. 4* ..... #15 WDE .. #248 OA ..... 5.8
ESPN ............. 4* ..... #25 DE ...... #286 OA ..... 81

Offers:
Notre Dame ..... Offered - 5-5-21 ..... Committed - 2-6-21

Arizona State
Boston College
Duke
East Carolina
Kentucky
Louisville
Michigan State
Minnesota
Nebraska
Old Dominion
Penn State
Rutgers
Syracuse
Vanderbilt
Virginia
Virginia Tech

Recruiters:
Mike Elston / Marcus Freeman

Media:
Twitter = https://twitter.com/aiden__gobaira

Highlights:
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1252375...481b0cbcf9dab1

Last edited by a moderator:

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
A white kid whose name ends in a vowel. Guaranteed Loy CB.

But I strike first with a NDCb

Seriously, good film and length. Lets start hanging some meat on him and see how he reacts.

zelezo vlk

Reaction score
Really like that film, but agreed with Crus, dude needs some help from Balis

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to bump a few threads here today with guys that the staff seems to be re-engaging with.

Aiden being mentioned at BGI as a guy that Elston and Freeman have been on a lot lately.

NewEnglandGuy

Best of the Rest
Reaction score
Freeman wants all the DEs and OLBs

Is it possible for the 2022 class to have 8 players with varying degrees of edge rushing?

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Freeman wants all the DEs and OLBs

Is it possible for the 2022 class to have 8 players with varying degrees of edge rushing?

Without knowing who all fits that category it'd be hard for me to comment but I'd be pretty surprised if they went that high. I think 3-4 hand down edge defenders seems like plenty.

I don't think all of this recent recruiting, re-engaging, etc. is indicative of how many guys they are willing to take at all positions. More so to make sure the board has plenty of targets.

NDFAN420

Reaction score
Without knowing who all fits that category it'd be hard for me to comment but I'd be pretty surprised if they went that high. I think 3-4 hand down edge defenders seems like plenty.

I don't think all of this recent recruiting, re-engaging, etc. is indicative of how many guys they are willing to take at all positions. More so to make sure the board has plenty of targets.

Agreed. I like that Freeman and Co. are acting like they are big swinging d*cks though. He came from Cincy to ND and immediately started acting like he's at Alabama. Charlie W tried to do the same thing and it backfired. Freeman won't fail.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
Agreed. I like that Freeman and Co. are acting like they are big swinging d*cks though. He came from Cincy to ND and immediately started acting like he's at Alabama. Charlie W tried to do the same thing and it backfired. Freeman won't fail.

in fairness when Diaco was hired he went after the 5 star guys also and he hit on Lynch, Tuitt and Ishaq. Probably worth a gamble

NewEnglandGuy

Best of the Rest
Reaction score
Right, I kid. Sorta.

Agree with 3 hands down rushers minimum. Ford + 2 others seems certain.

Then Ziegler + 2 others is also the minimum at OLB

So 6...7....8 (a stretch?)

He seems to want maybe 2 DT. Likely Hinish + another. And maybe a ILB (Tuihalamaka).

Call it 7, 2 DTs, and a ILB for 10 front 7 players? We did pull in 6 in 2021 class and only 4 in 2020 class (8 in 2019 class who will be seniors when current recruits step on campus).

Hmm....

QB, RB, WR, WR, WR (maybe 2 but arguably a position we need talent), TE, 4-5 OL? (Chan, Tanona, Schrauth, Taylor, Wagner).

So 9-11 on Offense.
6-7 Edge front 7 on D
2-3 Middle front 7 (DT/ILB)
Then 4-5 DBs? - NEED 2 corners and 2 safeties minimum

Total class size 21-26? (26 seems a bit high haha)

Rough numbers....but...big after a 27 man class.

Armyirish47

Reaction score
Right, I kid. Sorta.

Agree with 3 hands down rushers minimum. Ford + 2 others seems certain.

Then Ziegler + 2 others is also the minimum at OLB

So 6...7....8 (a stretch?)

He seems to want maybe 2 DT. Likely Hinish + another. And maybe a ILB (Tuihalamaka).

Call it 7, 2 DTs, and a ILB for 10 front 7 players? We did pull in 6 in 2021 class and only 4 in 2020 class (8 in 2019 class who will be seniors when current recruits step on campus).

Hmm....

QB, RB, WR, WR, WR (maybe 2 but arguably a position we need talent), TE, 4-5 OL? (Chan, Tanona, Schrauth, Taylor, Wagner).

So 9-11 on Offense.
6-7 Edge front 7 on D
2-3 Middle front 7 (DT/ILB)
Then 4-5 DBs? - NEED 2 corners and 2 safeties minimum

Total class size 21-26? (26 seems a bit high haha)

Rough numbers....but...big after a 27 man class.

I think we will be recruiting slightly higher numbers along with everyone else with the transfer portal wide open.

NDFAN420

Reaction score
in fairness when Diaco was hired he went after the 5 star guys also and he hit on Lynch, Tuitt and Ishaq. Probably worth a gamble

I think you added to my point. Plus Freeman has a lot more cachet coming into the position, so maximizing that is paramount. I like what he's dong.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
I think you added to my point. Plus Freeman has a lot more cachet coming into the position, so maximizing that is paramount. I like what he's dong.

Absolutely, and chances are he will be only at ND for 2 years anyways. He might as well swing for the fences

NDFAN420

Reaction score
Absolutely, and chances are he will be only at ND for 2 years anyways. He might as well swing for the fences

Agreed, which is why this is all very thrilling to see. I really do think he's going to succeed with this template.

NewEnglandGuy

Best of the Rest
Reaction score
Loy has said he is a take if he wants to come. Does he take Bauman's spot?

This goes back to my size of class questions 5-6 posts above.

Ford, Gobaira + then only one of - Moss? Wesolak? Tafiti? Staff can't say no if 2/3 want to come, right?

And they like Gobaira more than Hamm? Is he taking his spot too? Or is it Hamm is likely a harder pull from Wisconsin? (he also has OSU and Penn St in his final 4)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">🖤 FINAL4 🖤 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/STILLSEARCHING?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#STILLSEARCHING</a> <a href="https://t.co/6EunVdlFUV">pic.twitter.com/6EunVdlFUV</a></p>— isaac hamm (@isaachamm24) <a href="https://twitter.com/isaachamm24/status/1327416084190928897?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 14, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BeauBenken

Shut up, Richard
Staff member
Reaction score
To put in perspective everyone, Aiden is currently on campus. This is still an independent visit. Coaches still cannot host.

NewEnglandGuy

Best of the Rest
Reaction score
is he visiting ND only or on a midwest tour of his final 4?

Sorry if there was confusion. But that image was Isaac Hamm. Who has the final 4.

Gobaira to my knowledge hasn’t listed a “final” grouping but most have Penn St and ND as his favorites.

DCDomer

Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8np04vKPgY0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stpeteirish

Reaction score
Mike Singer put in a Rivals FC for ND.

and the kid shows up at the BGI office for an interview....hmm

Also a NY accent, always a good sign. Also good that he doesn't actually play football in NY because its not exactly a great incubator of talent.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And it’s set at an 8. I like it. His tape has always jumped out at me.

rtrn2glory

Reaction score
Profile pic up top looks like he's dressed up like Pee Wee Herman for Hallowween

22 Football Signees