‘22 MS CB Khamauri Rogers (Miami Verbal)

Dale

Reaction score
Cornerback
Lexington, Mississippi
Holmes County High School
Louisiana Bootleggers 7-7

Measurements
Height: 6’1
Weight: 168
40:

Rankings
247: 92 Rating | #13 CB - #3 MS - #117 Overall
Rivals: 6.0 Rating | #6 CB - #2 MS - #47 Overall
ESPN: 85 Rating | #6 CB - #1 MS - #56 Overall
247 Composite: 97 Rating | #7 CB - #1 MS - #65 Overall

Offers
Arizona State
Arkansas
Arkansas State
Auburn
Charlotte
Cincinnati
Colorado
Florida
Florida State
Georgia
Georgia Tech
Illinois
Indiana
Jackson State
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Louisiana - Monroe
LSU
Louisiana Tech
Marshall
Massachusetts
Memphis
Miami
Michigan State
Missouri
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Nebraska
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Oregon
Penn State
Purdue
South Alabama
Southern Miss
Tennessee
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Tulane
UCF
Vanderbilt
Virginia

Highlights

Link: http://www.hudl.com/v/2Ecf06

Last Ranking/Offer Update: 3/09/2021

Last edited by a moderator:

Dale

Reaction score
Official Top 10 is Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M, Miami, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, UCF & Tennessee.

Teammates with Jyaire Brown for 7-7. Saw the eyeball emojis being tossed between the two of them the day at least 1 of them was supposed to be talking to the staff on Zoom last week.

OU 247 update: https://247sports.com/Article/Oklah...-2022-defensive-back-battle-7-on-7-161988957/

OU 247 insider said he thinks based off talking to him at an event this past week that Notre Dame and Miami seem to be catching his attention and Freeman is on him hard. Again this is actually from OU guy not our site

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The other day I mentioned that Xavier Nwankpa's recruitment is a litmus test for just how good of a recruiter Freeman is. Well, here is another one. This is a recruitment we would never win but he's got us right smack dab in the middle of it. Would be a huge get.

fightingirish26

Reaction score
We are firmly in the mix for several very solid DBs. The guys we may have to turn down at every level of defense this class would be obvious takes almost any other year. Gotta close.

BeauBenken

Shut up, Richard
Staff member
Reaction score
Sign him, Jyaire, and Nikai. Would be an insane pull for us.

PANDFAN

Look Down
Reaction score
Official Top 10 is Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M, Miami, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, UCF & Tennessee.

Teammates with Jyaire Brown for 7-7. Saw the eyeball emojis being tossed between the two of them the day at least 1 of them was supposed to be talking to the staff on Zoom last week.

OU 247 update: https://247sports.com/Article/Oklah...-2022-defensive-back-battle-7-on-7-161988957/

OU 247 insider said he thinks based off talking to him at an event this past week that Notre Dame and Miami seem to be catching his attention and Freeman is on him hard. Again this is actually from OU guy not our site

crazy they aren't even in the same state....i know boom does as well but just seems so crazy to me...like how the hell does someone let alone have the money to be sending their child all over but to also have the time...i mean i have 5 kids so i understand much more than a normal family but how the hell is this funded i would love to know

Dale

Reaction score
crazy they aren't even in the same state....i know boom does as well but just seems so crazy to me...like how the hell does someone let alone have the money to be sending their child all over but to also have the time...i mean i have 5 kids so i understand much more than a normal family but how the hell is this funded i would love to know

Yeah they are just so talented in some cases it stopped being who are the 7 best kids in your city and became who are the 15 or so kids we want to play for us. Brown is from LA so there is his “in” to the team and I’m sure he just doesn’t make every event.

NDBoiler

The Rep Machine
Reaction score
Wow, when’s the last time ND pulled a top player out of Mississippi? Would be great to see if it happens.

Trait Expectations

Reaction score
This is why you want a top coach and a top recruiter. This is wild, I've never seen us in on so many high-level recruits.

Henges24

Reaction score
Wow, when’s the last time ND pulled a top player out of Mississippi? Would be great to see if it happens.

Besides Caleb Offord (not exactly top but...), Jarius Jackson from what I've been told.

stpeteirish

Reaction score

we got Offerd two years ago but he was probably not in the category of "top player". Will Lyell in the 90's. He was highly rated but injured from his Freshman year on. Can't think of anyone else. Not a lot of catholic schools in Miss.

clashmore_mike

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status/1383882674910076933?s=19[/TWEET]

June 14-16 official

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like this. Ford, Sneed, and Rogers. Maybe they can add Brown and get these guys to South Bend.

Dale

Reaction score
I like this. Ford, Sneed, and Rogers. Maybe they can add Brown and get these guys to South Bend.

My slight disappointment on Ford being during the 14 - 16th was put at ease with this second addition. A third would be amazing for a weekday. Apparently Under Armour has a camp 11-13th. I am trying to find expanded list now of the attendees there.

irishandy

Reaction score
Get all of these recruits together and the committed kids can work on the non committed kids. Freeman is doing a heck of a job on the recruiting trail, can't wat to see what his defense looks like on the field.

Trait Expectations

Reaction score
Imagine how much better we all feel if we can pull in a top 100 CB to join our secondary? That's in addition to some high quality talent in the 21 class and some guys who've been in the program for a while. Lewis is penciled in for the next 2+ years.

TP81989

Reaction score
What's going on with CB recruiting?

They seemed to be in the mix for Brooks and Rogers. Now won't get a visit from either.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Brutal. I still really like the DB options currently on the board but I think we all fell for the Freeman hype a little too much. There have been a couple of times where I wanted to say that we should temper our enthusiasm until he actually signs all these guys but there has just been too much momentum. More than likely this takes Brown off the list as well.

Mickey, Moore, Morrison, Martinez, Bellamy. That’s a quality group.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What's going on with CB recruiting?

They seemed to be in the mix for Brooks and Rogers. Now won't get a visit from either.

I just don’t think people realize that when it comes down to actually attending ND, it take more than charismatic and hard working recruiters. Profile matters.

Ndaccountant

Old Hoss
Reaction score
I just don’t think people realize that when it comes down to actually attending ND, it take more than charismatic and hard working recruiters. Profile matters.

It's many things. I like that Freeman is going after the big boys. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take and all that. Whether it's true or not, there is a perception that ND was too comfortable with recruiting people they known they can sign. It's like asking the girl to prom that you know will most likely say yes, even though you may like someone a bit more.

If the new approach that Freeman is bringing only ends up in a 5% closure rate, that's still 1 to 2 better players than what we were getting before. I will take that all day long. Without it, we have hit our plateau.

rtrn2glory

Reaction score

Bingo.... There's a reason we don't recruit these areas too well. They're not really down the aisle we're shopping

NDGOLDEN

Reaction score
Mike singer also reporting that ND is slipping from Rodgers. Very disappointing

22 Football Signees