'22 MI OLB Joshua Burnham (Notre Dame Signee)

BeauBenken

Shut up, Richard
Staff member
Reaction score
EARLY ENROLLEE
Outside Linebacker
Traverse City, MI
Central

9736460.jpg

Measurements:
Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 205

Rankings:
247...................:s::s::s::s:......93..........Nat: 85......St: 2.....Pos: 6
247comp..........:s::s::s::s:......9520......Nat: 115.....St: 2.....Pos: 9
ESPN...............:s::s::s::s:......83..........Nat: 162.....St: 2 ....Pos: 18
Rivals...............:s::s::s::s:......5.9.........Nat: 141.....St: 3.....Pos: 5

Offers:
Alabama
Buffalo
Central Michigan
Cincinnati
Indiana
Iowa
Michigan
Michigan State
Nebraska
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Western Michigan
Wisconsin

Highlights:
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1116949...f51404a8fd2ac4

Last edited by a moderator:

stpeteirish

Reaction score
Out of the blue CBs from Loy and wiltfong for ND this AM. 6 previous CBs to mich mostly a year old. What happened?

Irish du Nord

Reaction score
[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/JoshuaBurnham20/status/1356008738482774018[/TWITTER]

An underrated part of this recruitment, the Detroit Free Press listed him as a Michigan commit in their all-state team story. It's like flipping a Michigan guy without having the foul taste of him having actually been committed to that dump.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
SCUM going hard after in state talent this cycle, already got Will Johnson there over the weekend

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sure does and would be an exciting addition, he's a stud LB prospect. And just so nobody complains that Jamie U at ISD overrates ND commits, he's got Mr. Burnham in the ISD Fab 50, sitting at #29 overall.

IRISHMAN

Reaction score
I don't see anyway they slow down the recruitments of Cheeks or Jackson.
with ziegler already on boad and if ND lands burnham, it would seem that the trio of Tuihalamaka, Cheeks and Jackson wont happen and that imo would be a darn shame.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, Burnham is arguably the best prospect of the bunch so I don’t know it’s that big of a deal. Personally, Junior is the one I’d leave out.

I’d have it as:
jackson
burnham
cheeks
junior
Ziegler

Note: this could change based on how well Cheeks looks this Spring. He just hasn’t played much but he looks insanely impressive. We’ll see.

Ricochet

Reaction score
IMO this class is going to be much bigger than people expecting going into the ‘22 recruiting class just as it was last year when the class ended much bigger than what they thought was possible. As ND stay consistently better and is adding better talent year in and year out more and more players are going to move on to see playing time.

That said aid and with poor LB recruiting over the last few seasons I believe we are going to see a large LB class.

Burnham is a Top 5 OLB

Tuihalamaka is one of the best MLB if not the best in the class

Ziegler is the “Athlete” of the bunch and also IMO the most underrated. He’s the “wildcard” because he’s the prospect that could easily be a SS, Rover, OLB as well as a new school MLB to Tuihalamaka‘s old school MLB.

Jackson is pure speed who’s without question a Rover prospect.

Cheeks like Jackson could really thrive as a Rover. but more so than Jackson I could see him as the traditional OLB as well.

ND needs to get better and better talent and depth if they want to make the next step and with the lack of LB’s in recent classes they’ve got to get great to elite talent when they can and the time is now if you can get these guys.

Last edited:

Dale

Reaction score
Webb (Michigan) flipped his CB to ND and Trieu downgraded the confidence it looks like but still Michigan at the moment for Trieu

Last edited:

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this has been a done deal for some time now. I would guess we hear about a self guided tour that sealed the deal during his commitment round up.

Dale

Reaction score
Ziegler was always going to be ND but I find it kinda funny we nabbed Ziegler and Burnham from MI while they might nab Morris and Brown from Chicago. So much for home turf

NDisme

Reaction score
Burnham = Danny Spond 2.0.

If that's it then that's a shame, I liked Danny Spond and felt bad that the migraines really made an impact on his career but I'm hoping spond is closer to the floor not the ceiling. I think he's much more athletic

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, he did say Spond 2.0. So that means a much better version of Spond and Spond was a pretty good collegiate LB when healthy. I get the comparisons as a HS QB/LB. The 2.0 comes in as Burnham seems much longer than Spond and more explosive and fast.

22 Football Signees