'22 GA TE Holden Staes (Notre Dame Signee)

Dale

Reaction score
Tight End
Westminster School
Atlanta, Georgia

fldlngcmzq4gbvtdzqfj

Measurements
Height: 6’4
Weight: 220
40:

Rankings
247: 90 Overall | #12 TE - #25 GA
Rivals: 5.8 Rating | #14 TE - #31 GA
ESPN: 84 Rating | #1 TE - #11 GA - #96 Overall
247 Composite: 92 Overall | #6 TE - #22 GA - #204 Overall

Offers
Alabama
Arizona State
Auburn
Colorado
Duke
Florida State
Georgia
Georgia Tech
Kansas State
Kentucky
LSU
Michigan
Michigan State
Nebraska
North Carolina
Notre Dame (2/10/2021)
Ohio State
Ole Miss
Oregon
Penn State (Decommitted on 2/5/2021)
South Carolina
Texas
USC
USF
Wisconsin

Other

Highlights

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/9860580/5fd10d2f578d52083c5fe36a' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last Ranking/Offer Update: 2/10/2021

Last edited by a moderator:

Dale

Reaction score
Previous Penn State commit offered yesterday. TEs Coach Tyler Bowen report he was leaving PSU for Jacksonville was on 2/1, decommitted by 2/5

Dale

Reaction score
Seeing a lot of mentions of TE usage and academics in various articles as important and had some very nice things to say about ND in old 247 article

Irish YJ

Southsida
Reaction score
Seeing a lot of mentions of TE usage and academics in various articles as important and had some very nice things to say about ND in old 247 article

My gut is saying a TX/UGA final 2, but I'd love it if he was serious about the academics.

Dale

Reaction score
[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/hstaes13/status/1359635714045079557?s=21[/TWITTER]

Last edited:

Dale

Reaction score
6 CB from Loy.

I think the NFL pedigree weighs heavily with him

NDIrish88

Reaction score
So is ND taking 3 TEs? Raridon is a stud. Is Nickel getting forced out?

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If they’re going for the ‘best’ class you take Staes. If they’re going for the best player, they go Raridon. JMO. I think Raridon has incredible upside. He’ll be another NFL TE out of IA

Dale

Reaction score
I’d give Raridon the edge only because of Nickel. Staes is a better blocker than Raridon but Raridon is not going to be your blocking TE anyways Nickel would provide that

NDIrish88

Reaction score
If they’re going for the ‘best’ class you take Staes. If they’re going for the best player, they go Raridon. JMO. I think Raridon has incredible upside. He’ll be another NFL TE out of IA

Yeah I'd rather have Staes and Raridon. Force Nickel out sorry.

Dale

Reaction score
Yeah I'd rather have Staes and Raridon. Force Nickel out sorry.

ND doesn’t frequent in the force out business. Not sure a top Georgia TE and long time commit is a good place to change that. Why do you prefer Staes over Nickel?

NDIrish88

Reaction score
ND doesn’t frequent in the force out business. Not sure a top Georgia TE and long time commit is a good place to change that. Why do you prefer Staes over Nickel?

Based on film he is more athletic and better in the passing game than Nickel, imo. I think Raridon is the best out of all 3.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Yea, I don’t think we’re forcing out Nickel.

arrowryan

Reaction score
Trying to push out Jack Nickel would be unwise

After watching both Staes' and Nickel's junior film, I don't know how anyone could say Staes is better than Nickel at anything. Nickel is more physical at run blocking (which is vital in the Irish offense) and, at worst, they are the same in the passing game. Wanting to push out Nickel for Staes would be shiny new toy syndrome. I like Staes as a prospect, but don't understand the Staes > Nickel logic.

But, I'm just a fan. Loy has crystal balls out for Raridon and Staes. So, maybe they take 3? They use a lot of tight ends and Mayer will probably leave early so maybe 3 tight ends in this class is in consideration.

Last edited:

Irish Man3

Reaction score
Trying to push out Jack Nickel would be unwise

After watching both Staes' and Nickel's junior film, I don't know how anyone could say Staes is better than Nickel at anything. Nickel is more physical at run blocking (which is vital in the Irish offense) and, at worst, they are the same in the passing game. Wanting to push out Nickel for Staes would be shiny new toy syndrome. I like Staes as a prospect, but don't understand the Staes > Nickel logic.

But, I'm just a fan. Loy has crystal balls out for Raridon and Staes. So, maybe they take 3? They use a lot of tight ends and Mayer will probably leave early so maybe 3 tight ends in this class is in consideration.

Zero chance they take three and I'm honestly shocked at them taking two. Might mean an eventual move to OT for Evans from last years class.

Raridon has the best film of the three IMO.

irishandy

Reaction score
ND seems to be comfortable taking 2 TE's- a blocking and a WR type of TE. Of Staes, Raridon, and Nickel give me the first 2.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sinclair with a CB 6 in favor of ND. I’m very surprised neither he or Raridon have committed yet.

IRISHMAN

Reaction score
I would take Staes (who looks exactly like tommy tremble) over Raridon all day long. still not sure why ND offered Nickel to begin with nothing about is game film stands out, I don't see Nickel being anything more than a blocking back (like brock wright).

stpeteirish

Reaction score
Penn St analyst Fitz just CB'd Staes to ND. Looks like we've got him. They also lost him due to changes on the coaching staff (same as Burham with Michigan, reportedly). We've lost some assistants too this cycle so we must have done a good job of transitioning.

clashmore_mike

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/mattfreemanISD/status/1379585907590844418?s=19[/TWEET]

Official is set for the weekend of June 11th.

stpeteirish

Reaction score

Ready to re-evalute that opinion?

22 Football Signees