'21 IL QB JJ McCarthy (Michigan Verbal)

Dale

Reaction score
Board smoke he had shoulder surgery and going to be out a while.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
He gone?

Hairball playing with fire the locker room is leaking a potential division.

Awwww.

Have always thought the saying, “if you have two QBs, you don’t have one” was a bit ridiculous, but Hairball may be proving it true…

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
He gone?

Hairball playing with fire the locker room is leaking a potential division.

Awwww.

Unless JJ has been head-and-shoulders better than Cade in practice (so much so that the whole team knows it) and Harbaugh is just having a competition during the first two games for his own ego… this honestly seems like an okay way to give each guy an audition.

You open the season with back-to-back games against teams you should beat, so each QB gets a whole dress rehearse to earn the job. Judge two true game films.

That’s not a luxury most teams would have.

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Reaction score
Cade was voted Captain. His teammates believe in him and respect him. It just seems like Hairball wants JJ. This thing could go sideways in a hurry.

Irishdrunk

Smartest Guy in the Room
Reaction score
Is ND a possible end beneficiary of this soap opera?? I don't think we want to be....

tko

I am Legend
Reaction score
I would love to see Michigan battling locker room controversy. Harbaugh is Captain Turd.

phillyirish

Reaction score
Unless JJ has been head-and-shoulders better than Cade in practice (so much so that the whole team knows it) and Harbaugh is just having a competition during the first two games for his own ego… this honestly seems like an okay way to give each guy an audition.

You open the season with back-to-back games against teams you should beat, so each QB gets a whole dress rehearse to earn the job. Judge two true game films.

That’s not a luxury most teams would have.
Sounds good on paper.

But in reality both these guys are gonna be on the edge, knowing a mistake will cost the the job. Confidence is key for a QB and these guys, or which ever one wins the job will have the stress an anxiety of a couple of bad drives or a forced INT send him to the bench, whether that is Harbaugh’s mentality of not.

Blazers46

My adjectives are wise, brilliant and handsome.
Reaction score
Sounds good on paper.

But in reality both these guys are gonna be on the edge, knowing a mistake will cost the the job. Confidence is key for a QB and these guys, or which ever one wins the job will have the stress an anxiety of a couple of bad drives or a forced INT send him to the bench, whether that is Harbaugh’s mentality of not.
Not only that but the running game should be able to maul both teams making the QB somewhat of a non factor. The QBs are going to want UM to score 100 just so they can show out.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
Took a look at his profile. Well, well, well...another great evaluation! It's okay, though. Tommy is a good 'ole boy who played for ND!

Rees.JPG

T-Boone

Reaction score
I seem to remember JJ went to a big ND friendly football school as well and the decision kind of cost us a few WRs from that area.

MacIrish75

BIG Mayonnaise Guy
Reaction score
Somewhere, Naz is lurking in this thread and laughing while smoking a cigar and twirling what can only assume is a old timey pencil mustache.

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
Kind of unfair to compare the two.

McCarthy is playing behind a very good OL and has more than 1 legitimate receiver to throw to.

Buchner is hoping he doesn't get broken in half every time he goes out there.

T-Boone

Reaction score
Just watched the Michigan condensed game. Damn he throws a nice ball. They named him starter.
It would be a bit embarrassing to after McNamara (didn't he decommit from ND?) but he would be an upgrade.

irishff1014

Reaction score
Kind of unfair to compare the two.

McCarthy is playing behind a very good OL and has more than 1 legitimate receiver to throw to.

Buchner is hoping he doesn't get broken in half every time he goes out there.

TB has no touch.