'21 CA QB Tyler Buchner (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

Irish4life

Reaction score
The last two full seasons have been 25 & 34 TD's. If he tops Book's 34 pasing TD's and 550 yds rushing in '19... ND's got a great shot at winning 11 with a strong chance at the playoffs... move that to a lock for the playoffs if one of the 11 is at OSU.
I'm thinking something along the lines of 28-30 passing TDs/10-12 picks, 700 rushing yards, and 10 rushing TDs. If he throws more passing TDs than 19 Book (which was inflated by New Mexico, BGSU, and Navy tbf)......I think we go 12-0.

Last edited:

Irish2155

Reaction score
I imagine we're going to see more TD passes and more INTs than we're used to this year.
Not necessarily. Maybe INT but Buchner will break a defense with his feet. If he can toss (God let’s hope) then he’ll be close to 1,000 on the ground too.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm thinking something along the lines of 28-30 passing TDs/10-12 picks, 700 rushing yards, and 10 rushing TDs. If he throws more passing TDs than 19 Book (which was inflated by New Mexico, BGSU, and Navy tbf)......I think we go 12-0.

If healthy and assuming 13 games... he breaks 1000.

I'd put tall coin on that.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
They lost 3 last year.

Absolutely.

Their D will be more efficient this year and the O loses no firepower as long as their reloaded O Line doesn't pull a '21 ND and causes 2 early losses.

Plus MI is in meltdown mode and will not repeat '21's flash in the pan.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
The last two full seasons have been 25 & 34 TD's. If he tops Book's 34 pasing TD's and 550 yds rushing in '19... ND's got a great shot at winning 11 with a strong chance at the playoffs... move that to a lock for the playoffs if one of the 11 is at OSU.

I expect 800+ rushing. Not sure he will pass for that with our receivers, so I bet second half of the season he runs wild. He could run for 200 vs Marshall, but if he does, the staff is stupid. He’s going to throw for a lot of yards in 2023 when the new batch of WR’s get to town. Pair Greathouse, James, and Flores with a veteran Styles and an experienced Merriweather, we are in business.

Last edited:

arrowryan

Reaction score
Absolutely.

Their D will be more efficient this year and the O loses no firepower as long as their reloaded O Line doesn't pull a '21 ND and causes 2 early losses.

I know they have JSN and Marvin Harrison Jr, but lets not act like they didn't lose two first round talents at receiver. I'd rather face this receiving group than Olave, Wilson, and JSN.

Their defense will be interesting. Can a new DC have them running full speed in week 1. In my opinion, Notre Dame being physical in the running game will be key for an upset.

Irish2155

Reaction score
Absolutely.

If they “reload” then that’s a great thing.

I saw how they got abused more than once last year.

Reload the fuck up. They never seen something like this Oline and the last time they did, got stompt

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
I expect 800+ rushing. Not sure he will pass for that with our receivers, so I bet second half of the season he runs wild. He could run for 200 vs Marshall, but if he does, the staff is stupid. He’s going to throw for a lot of yards in 2023 when the new batch of WR’s get to town. Pair Greathouse, James, and Flores with a veteran Styles and an experienced Merriweather, we are in business.

I'd put the O/U for those three '23 WR at 750 combined yards next year... IF ND doesn't add via free agency.

'24 & '25? ND will finally have a QB that reaches Clausen / Quinn #'s and maybe even touches 4000 yards.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
I give up.

From left to right per ND's roster page: 6-1 ... 6-2 3/8 ... 6-2 5/8

nf-NLZTS

arrowryan

Reaction score
I was thinking about this yesterday.

What if something good happens to us just one time and Tyler Buchner puts up 500/6 in Columbus?

One can dream!

CoachB

Reaction score
I just rewatched the VT game, and I have a feeling this kid is going to have a monster year. I haven't seen a QB this talented at ND since...Kizer maybe? He is going to be fun to watch. Cautiously optimistic.

irishandy

Reaction score
Glad to hear Freeman/Rees named a QB...we've been used to BK keeping it secret.

I am with CoachB and cautiously optimistic, but have to remember his first game is not a cupcake game, and not to give up on him early.

With our new coaches on offense this year and I think Freeman is going to give Rees the keys to the offense and let him run with it this offense (BK seemed to have his hand in quite often); they have potential to put up points this year.

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score

What if something good happens to us just one time and Tyler Buchner puts up 500/6 in Columbus?

One can dream!
Monkeys paw curls. He enters the portal Sunday morning.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score

One can dream!
It's literally why we all continue to watch.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So much of being a QB is processing information quickly and making the right decisions. I love what Lenzy had to say in that piece. It was said at one point that Buch has a photo graphic memory. When he talks I think you can see that genius in him. And, he's a very gifted athlete. I'm reasonably concerned about whether he can stay healthy and his mechanics but it's all in on Tyler Buchner, LFG! I got my green kool aid ready. I think this year is a fun but wild ride. While next year is probably the time. The offense is young and should continue to progress into next year. Though I'm a little concerned about the defense come 2023.