‘21 AL QB Riley Leonard (Duke Transfer - Notre Dame Verbal)

irishandy

Reaction score
Can’t wait to see you on the sidelines
Please say hello Mr. Wise. It's unfortunate about Leonard's injury, but I am not sold on Leonard yet. Angeli has been in the program.

When will you be on the sidelines?

Junkhead

Community Mod
Reaction score
True but now they’re faced with that possibility. Remember 1993? Ron Powlus was supposed to be the next Heisman winning QB and would start immediately as a true fresh at ND until he separated his shoulder in practice. Holtz had no option other than Kevin McDougal.
He was supposed to win 3 Heismans. lol

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Well, it’s dependent upon our QB play. We’ve got a very favorable schedule sprinkled with some tough games here and there. We’ve got a lot of talent returning, but make no mistake, we must have RL as QB — kind of an important role for the team ….

Would you truly feel comfortable betting on Angeli or Minchey navigating this schedule and leading us to the CFB Playoffs? Evidently the coaching staff didn’t. Hence the need for RL.
IMO Angeli is much better than being given credit for. He's shown he has it between the ears and that is more important than the ability to run or have a cannon for an arm. One reason Leonard was brought in was his wheels to open up the offense.

Fbolt

I've been around
Reaction score
Lots of love for Angeli yet I feel ND can do so much more at that position.

IAIrish

The Dude Abides
Reaction score
I know this is a joke but the guy is REALLY fast. Fast enough to run for at least 4 50+yard touchdowns.
Totally with you. I saw all I needed to see about his speed when he shrugged off Barrett Carter and outran the rest of the clemson d opening week last season.