2024 Spring Practice Thread

Hautian Domer

Reaction score
IIRC, 247 didn't knock his physical tools. They were down on his in-game decision making and thought he played too stiff.
Interesting. What I have heard or read previously is that he was in a unique "system" offense - kind of a catch the snap and immediately get it out of your hands by throwing the slant or bubble screen. Really not much of a 5-step drop back, go through progressions, and let it rip.

Ian77

Reaction score
Irish illustrated absolutely gushed about cj carr. They said he’s the best looking qb since Clausen. I had to go back to his on3 recruiting profile. What a joke. No way would you take 15 QBs ahead of him.

He had a rough senior year. Average O-line and not much in the way of offensive weapons. His best pass catcher was the TE (now at Louisville). He did well enough at camps and events that most folks didn't hold that against him.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
He had a rough senior year. Average O-line and not much in the way of offensive weapons. His best pass catcher was the TE (now at Louisville). He did well enough at camps and events that most folks didn't hold that against him.

Ah they never gonna beat Belleville tbf but yah one of his offensive tackles was like 5’11” 210 lbs or something crazy like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
From what I heard and saw, "average" is putting it mildly.

irishnd31

Biggest Idiot On This Site
Reaction score
That's correct, exclusively on Peacock. yay.

R.47d3197f7147eebcc0e86d5c9a140f09

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
They were dreadful
Saline were cooking a few years ago when they got that coach to come up from Toledo who was banned from Ohio HS football. They had a whole bunch of kids transfer in and made a few deep state title runs (Coach's kid was the star QB) but yeah they don't push as much as they used to anymore. Always been a rich kids team/school who just don't have the dogs to compete with other schools in playoffs who will have multiple D1 kids

gregm83

Reaction score
Wait how else do people watch Brighton play each week.
How else do people fall asleep without the office

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
It will take you all of twenty seconds on your favorite internet browser to find someone streaming it live.
I have Peacock, that's not the issue. They actually have a lot of quality shows. Love me some Office, Modern Family, Superstore, Parks and Rec, etc.

Their live streaming is booty cheeks. Every time they have an exclusive ND game, I get booted from the stream at least 3x per game. I know I'm not the only one, either.

Pops Freshenmeyer

Reaction score
I have Peacock, that's not the issue. They actually have a lot of quality shows. Love me some Office, Modern Family, Superstore, Parks and Rec, etc.

Their live streaming is booty cheeks. Every time they have an exclusive ND game, I get booted from the stream at least 3x per game. I know I'm not the only one, either.
I have Peacock as well and I don't have these issues. Granted, the only live streaming I do through it is EPL and the occasional ND game so maybe I just don't use it enough to notice.

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
I have Peacock as well and I don't have these issues. Granted, the only live streaming I do through it is EPL and the occasional ND game so maybe I just don't use it enough to notice.
It usually lets me right back in but if it's a critical play, it's really annoying.

I also struggled with the lag; I was getting Pete Sampson tweet updates almost a minute before the play happened in some instances, well ahead of YTTV's minor lag.

T-Boone

Reaction score
I don’t really recall such positive reports (usually just silence actually) for any of our previous freshman QBs.
Could be the real deal.

stpeteirish

House Skeptic
Reaction score
Peacock works good on something you want to watch but in no hurry to. Replay stays up for months and is the entire game.
MLax is on at 11:30 so it will overlap. I can watch the whole Lax game and then Peacock later. Good times!
Even an ND baseball game at 2PM if you can stand the punishment

Junkhead

Community Mod
Reaction score
Ah they never gonna beat Belleville tbf but yah one of his offensive tackles was like 5’11” 210 lbs or something crazy like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The probable starting tackles at ND in the fall are 6-7 329lbs, and 6-8 321lbs. No point, just saying.