2023 - State of the Recruiting Class

StPaul_Irish

Resident Smart Ass
Reaction score
I’d be happy with Minchey, but not Johnson.

Right? Why would you want a projectable QB who is an insane athlete? One who could move to Safety or WR if QB doesn't work out.
Why would you want a guy who has a good/plus arm (needs some coaching) and runs like the wind?

Only a fool would take a QB like that

WilliamWallace

Active Member, Yes
Reaction score
I’d be extremely surprised if we end up with Love today. I’ll be surprised if we finish with the current list of commitments. Just sad how far you can fall so quickly.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
I’d be extremely surprised if we end up with Love today. I’ll be surprised if we finish with the current list of commitments. Just sad how far you can fall so quickly.
He'd be a sucker to go here. A&M has a better offense and he can get paid.

Kingbish01

Reaction score
Full rebuild ahead, imo the whole class falls apart. The moment was too big for Freeman, even a 17 year old can see that. Bummer

Reaction score
Fire Rees, promote Chansi as interim, and try to formulate enough of an offensive identity to salvage the season and the recruiting.

Sea Turtle

Usually right, occasionally wrong.
Reaction score
Fire Rees, promote Chansi as interim, and try to formulate enough of an offensive identity to salvage the season and the recruiting.
What's hilarious is that Jack begged Rees to stay and demanded Freeman keep him.

I think we are back to the Davie, Ty, and Weis years for awhile. You can't making coaching mistakes and unfortunately, we have made 4 out of 5.

AvesEvo

Reaction score
The momentum is gone. We are set back the next 3-4 years and that is assuming good things ahead.

Last edited:

Sherm Sticky

The Prophet
Reaction score
Don’t worry the class could fall apart, but you can supplement with the transfer portal. Pickup guys like Jordan Addison and Gibbs. Or wait that’s right this is ND. Wonder if Brandon Joseph is wishing he stayed at NorthWestern now

FWIrish4

Reaction score
This is overreaction city. Yeah the game was miserable and we’re all pissed, but recruits don’t choose based on one game. Especially those who are committed to ND.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
This is overreaction city. Yeah the game was miserable and we’re all pissed, but recruits don’t choose based on one game. Especially those who are committed to ND.
The problem is it won't be just 1 or 2 losses. We're likely looking at potentially a minimum of 4 more losses the rest of the season - Clemson, BYU, USC, and UNC.

Jimmy3Putt

KooL
Reaction score
The problem is it won't be just 1 or 2 losses. We're likely looking at potentially a minimum of 4 more losses the rest of the season - Clemson, BYU, USC, and UNC.
Almost every team on our schedule is better than the one we just lost to.
This year is going to make 2007 look great in comparison.

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
We'll see, but outside of UNLV, this was the gimme-ist of gimme games we had on schedule.

And we lost and watching the OL and DL getting physically manhandled was insanely demoralizing.

Unless something changes in a big way, this isn't going to get better. It might actually get worse.

irishff1014

Reaction score
Now that it sounds like TB is done for the year that sets his development back even more and down to 2 scholarship QBs and none in 23’ so far.

Sea Turtle

Usually right, occasionally wrong.
Reaction score
A&M could only manage 14 points against an App State defense that gave up 63 a week ago.
So your defense of our miserable offense is to point out one other team with high expectations that has one too?

We are supposed to feel better being in TAM and Iowa territory?

NDMatt91

Reaction score
Now that it sounds like TB is done for the year that sets his development back even more and down to 2 scholarship QBs and none in 23’ so far.
They might have to bring in 2 QB's via the portal for next year. I can see Buchner transferring in addition to Pyne.

House16

Reaction score
Almost every team on our schedule is better than the one we just lost to.
This year is going to make 2007 look great in comparison.
I mean this is an overreaction. ESPN FPI has us at 91% chance to win 10 games. Even after a game as miserable as that we're not looking at 2-10 or anything. Honestly, the new over-under on our regular season should probably be 7.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
Oh god I can’t even imagine how big of a cluster fuck that would be.
The problem is they aren't likely to flip Minchey or Johnson. Tommy seems content to put all of his eggs in the Carr reclassification basket, but he'll likely be out of a job at the end of the season and it's not a guarantee that Carr will reclassify. Pyne will almost certainly transfer and given that the 2023 QB roster would be Pyne 2.0 (Angeli), a practice body (RPIII), and an injury prone Buchner, they'll almost certainly be in the market for a grad transfer who will be the starter. Gun to my head, Cade McNamara will be the starting QB in 2023.