2023-2024 NFL Season

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And, start preparing for the future without the choke artist formerly known as Dak Prescott.

Irishdawg

Reaction score
I think it’s been proven TB12 was the source of Belicheck’s coaching success.
I do agree with this for the most part but you gotta give his D some credit during those championship years. I was half kidding for the Cowboys but I believe he does want to coach again.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying that, but I don’t see it. Jerry doesn’t want anyone with strength coaching the team. I don’t see him making that move.
Exactly why Johnson didn’t stay. Jerry couldn’t control him and Jimmy wasn’t afraid to stand up to him.

irishff1014

Reaction score
Who the refs just screwed the lions. But it was Decker so the lions need to get rid of him

IRISHDODGER

Blue Chip Recruit
Reaction score
Happy for the Lions. Looks like Julian Okwara is out w/ injury but what happened to Romeo…just not good enough to break first team?

Blazers46

My adjectives are wise, brilliant and handsome.
Reaction score
Decent day of football. Was sort of rooting for the Rams but wasn’t rooting against Detroit. I’ll probably root for Detroit over Philly or Tampa. The Cowboys are always a fun storyline. Lol.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I actually like this Detroit team. Seems like an easy team to root for.

Though I think San Fran will break any of these NFC teams, thoroughly.

The only question is can KC or Baltimore be their Kryptonite.

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
I was in a no-win situation since I hated both the Cowboys and obviously the Packers.

But the Niners are going to break the Packers in half, so I guess that's fine.

stpeteirish

House Skeptic
Reaction score
Brock Wright played a lot last night. Primarily a blocker, and a very good one. Textbook fumble recovery

arrowryan

Reaction score
I actually like this Detroit team. Seems like an easy team to root for.

Though I think San Fran will break any of these NFC teams, thoroughly.

The only question is can KC or Baltimore be their Kryptonite.

Well, Baltimore beat their ass in SF already

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Was glad to see Detroit win. Been too long to have that monkey on your back. Was happy to see Jerry lose. Guy just doesn't get it.

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Reaction score
I find all these post-Dallas apocalypse comments frankly weird. Everybody talks about the head coach and the QB and the offense. BUT the DEFENSE was what utterly sucked. The Dallas defense looks to me like a group of players and scheme which is good for winning most of games, but not really NFL championship built. To actually beat your way through to a championship you need to physically beat several big and motivated teams in a row. Dallas is more speed and slick on defense than monstrous and powerful. You can't win in the end without dominating line play in the middle, and rushing the QB relentlessly. To reinvent Dallas (which team I've never rooted for except NDers,) the whole front seven needs to be redone --- even to the reimagining of Parsons' role. This DC MIGHT really be a genius, but if so, a genius with a scheme which is not suited to NFL playoff runs. What I'd do is move on from this defensive staff, and build a truly physical front seven. You are not going to win championships giving up 30+ points every game, and no games giving up 40+ points. The only obvious reason to get rid of Dak Prescott is that his huge salary hampers building the rest of the roster.

Jiggafini19Deux

What do you hillbillies want?
Reaction score
The Packers are really going to have three consecutive Hall of Fame Quarterbacks aren't they?

irishff1014

Reaction score
I find all these post-Dallas apocalypse comments frankly weird. Everybody talks about the head coach and the QB and the offense. BUT the DEFENSE was what utterly sucked. The Dallas defense looks to me like a group of players and scheme which is good for winning most of games, but not really NFL championship built. To actually beat your way through to a championship you need to physically beat several big and motivated teams in a row. Dallas is more speed and slick on defense than monstrous and powerful. You can't win in the end without dominating line play in the middle, and rushing the QB relentlessly. To reinvent Dallas (which team I've never rooted for except NDers,) the whole front seven needs to be redone --- even to the reimagining of Parsons' role. This DC MIGHT really be a genius, but if so, a genius with a scheme which is not suited to NFL playoff runs. What I'd do is move on from this defensive staff, and build a truly physical front seven. You are not going to win championships giving up 30+ points every game, and no games giving up 40+ points. The only obvious reason to get rid of Dak Prescott is that his huge salary hampers building the rest of the roster.

Money post right here. Dallas’s defense had been good most of the season and yesterday dropped the ball. There was at least 5 throws of over 25 yards and the WR’s were wide open.

Dak made some bad decisions yesterday and didn’t learn from them. On one of the final drives he tried to do a strong pitch and it needed to go at least 10 years and almost ended up In the line backers hands.

Some of his throws were off line and some of the throws should have been caught.