Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
Cal (2-0) @ Notre Dame (0-2)
Line: ND -11.0
Saturday, September 17
2:30 PM
NBC/Peacock

Votes are public. Poll closes on Saturday, 09/17 at 11:50 AM ET.

Out of 103 voters, no one got last week's prediction right. Shocker.

Let's see if Pyne and this offense can right the ship and look competent enough to get Freeman his first win.

irishff1014

Reaction score
I just can’t see picking Cal. I don’t think we cover and I just don’t have confidence in Rees to put a good offense play with a new QB together and win by a significant amount.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
In 2012 I honestly thought ND could struggle with Navy,… so I predicted a loss. We dominated and I thought, ‘let’s keep it going’ and picked against us all season and we went unbeaten. It just became,…. Habit.

In my best Gump voice, ‘I’m pretty tired, I think I’ll go home now’

We win a frustrating game by pulling away late

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score
I accidentally posted the "ND 29+" in the poll title as opposed to a poll option, my mistake. I've included ND 29+ at the bottom of the poll. Won't let me edit the title or the order of the poll responses.

Not sure if that's something a Mod can clean up. If so, please change the title of the poll to: "2022 Week 3 Prediction Poll: California @ Notre Dame." @Whiskeyjack @Luckylucci @IrishLion @IrishLax @BeauBenken

NDMatt91

Reaction score
I went with ND by 1-7. I think Rees will actually call a decent game but I just don't think the execution will be great enough to blow them out.

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie to you gents. I'm usually a pretty optimistic bloke who is bullish on our Irish. I believed in Freeman, Rees and Golden to keep this well-oiled machine rolling, but I'm pretty defeated right now. Dead inside. I just don't know how we lost a tight, competitive battle on the road in Columbus and come home and lay an egg in Freeman's first home game.

I'll admit that I was excited about Freeman as our head man, I thought he was a guy the players would be excited to play for, but I was a little apprehensive about his lack of HC experience and his ability to counter Xs and Os against more experienced staffs. I just don't think Mr. Freeman really knows what he's doing beyond being an exceptional DC, which he isn't anymore.

I just don't have any good vibes about this team right now. Even our supposed strengths have been a joke (i.e. pass rush, OL). Zero turnovers through two games. I simply do not trust Pyne to take care of the football, and we don't have the bullies up front to beat a loaded box.

This is going to be Marshall 2.0. We'll be in the game the whole way, but Cal scores midway through the fourth quarter on another long scoring march because our offense simply can't move the ball, the D gets tired and the dam gives.

Cal 21, ND 17.

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score
In 2012 I honestly thought ND could struggle with Navy,… so I predicted a loss. We dominated and I thought, ‘let’s keep it going’ and picked against us all season and we went unbeaten. It just became,…. Habit.

In my best Gump voice, ‘I’m pretty tired, I think I’ll go home now’

We win a frustrating game by pulling away late
Alas, the sun sets in the east and rises in the west.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
IF the team that showed up vs Ohio State shows up Saturday, ND will dominate. IF the Marshall team shows up, it will lose. This is the hardest game in my lifetime of watching ND to predict.

irishff1014

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie to you gents. I'm usually a pretty optimistic bloke who is bullish on our Irish. I believed in Freeman, Rees and Golden to keep this well-oiled machine rolling, but I'm pretty defeated right now. Dead inside. I just don't know how we lost a tight, competitive battle on the road in Columbus and come home and lay an egg in Freeman's first home game.

I'll admit that I was excited about Freeman as our head man, I thought he was a guy the players would be excited to play for, but I was a little apprehensive about his lack of HC experience and his ability to counter Xs and Os against more experienced staffs. I just don't think Mr. Freeman really knows what he's doing beyond being an exceptional DC, which he isn't anymore.

I just don't have any good vibes about this team right now. Even our supposed strengths have been a joke (i.e. pass rush, OL). Zero turnovers through two games. I simply do not trust Pyne to take care of the football, and we don't have the bullies up front to beat a loaded box.

This is going to be Marshall 2.0. We'll be in the game the whole way, but Cal scores midway through the fourth quarter on another long scoring march because our offense simply can't move the ball, the D gets tired and the dam gives.

Cal 21, ND 17.

If this this happens Rees must go and Freeman should have smoke coming out of his ears.

Last edited:

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
If this this happens Rees must go and Freeman but have smoke coming out of his ears.
Would Jack even entertain the idea of firing Freeman in year 1? I highly doubt that. Even if we only won 3 games he'd have major lawsuits if he fired him in year 1. He will get longer than he should if he loses every game. If he goes 2-10, he still comes back for at least 1 more try. 6-6 and he gets 3 years minimum imo.

tko

I am Legend
Reaction score
ND by 1-7, Pyne is dreadful, paralyzed by the changes from the sidelines. Merriweather gets a few catches early then sits the remainder of the game and nobody can figure out why. The defense comes up with a big play late to get the win. Boos can be heard on campus from inside the stadium. Marcus gets his first win as a head coach and we're able to see an ICON video on Monday night.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to go ND 24-13. I think a relaxed Pyne (no longer really competing for a spot) takes what the defense gives him. The quick passing game, albeit not exciting, is effective at moving the ball enough to score some points. And, I think the defense at least looks improved against a bad offense.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
ND by 1-7, Pyne is dreadful, paralyzed by the changes from the sidelines. Merriweather gets a few catches early then sits the remainder of the game and nobody can figure out why. The defense comes up with a big play late to get the win. Boos can be heard on campus from inside the stadium. Marcus gets his first win as a head coach and we're able to see an ICON video on Monday night.
Angeli is a true freshman, right? 0% chance he sees the field barring injury of Pyne.

ColinKSU

I'm Colin NOT from Kansas
Reaction score
Cal, by 4-10.

I don't think this offense is going to be able to score on Cal.

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score
I am an eternal optimist. We win by 20+ points. Really I am not an optimist, just think Cal is awful.
hKeHqvC.gif