2022 Week 1 Prediction Poll: (5) Notre Dame @ (2) Ohio State

2022 Week 1 Prediction Poll: (5) Notre Dame @ (2) Ohio State

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tussin

Reaction score
I expect ND to lose by ten with a late TD in a game that never feels winnable. Hope I'm wrong.

WilliamWallace

Active Member, Yes
Reaction score
My algorithm for predicting games hasn’t been calibrated in about 5 years so… It’s telling me 38-27 ND! I see us 2 of 3 on field goals, and two turnovers against OSU one for a score. They try hard in the end but it’s too little too late. ND starts the season 1-0 and is ranked #7 in the poles Tuesday morning because OSU is criminally over rated, haha. Yeah that looks about right

NDQuebec

Reaction score

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score
Could you explain what this graphic means for those other posters who maybe are too dumb to know otherwise,…. Like RackEm,… yeah, like him.
FEI's projects OSU 35 ND 28 with 71% confidence. Predicting a 7-pt MOV with middling confidence isn't a strong vote in OSU's favor.

WilliamWallace

Active Member, Yes
Reaction score
FEI's projects OSU 35 ND 28 with 71% confidence. Predicting a 7-pt MOV with middling confidence isn't a strong vote in OSU's favor.
Thank you for taking the time to explain this to ACamp, but I must say it looks very similar to my uncalibrated algorithm, just different. Probably mines right,

INLaw

Reaction score
I give us a 20% chance to win
20% chance to lose so close we are pseudo happy
20% that we lose in a way that its just mehh
40% we get embarrassed
This is the most optimistic version of me at these numbers

sixstar

Reaction score
Win the lines of scrimmage, win the game. We have the advantage here. I'm feeling good about ND's chances. I'm not scared of Knowles. ND controls the clock, gives up a few big plays and scores, but takes the win 34-31.

ndcoltsfan2010

Reaction score
34 to 20 Ohio State. Now, I hope I'm wrong and we steal a win here but my gut tells me differently.

Huntr

24 Karat Shamrock
Reaction score
I hate it, but I don't see how ND keeps this close.

This has a good chance to be like ND-Navy, where Navy tries to slow it down but doesn't come away with a td, then ND scores in like 2 minutes, repeat ad nauseum. Game over by 3rd Q.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
I'll post this in the other OSU thread, but thought I'd share for those that believe.

On Fox this morning Quinn said last night he spoke to someone "in the know" at OSU and there is concern about this game. I don't think they meant concern about covering the spread. :laugh:

MacIrish75

BIG Mayonnaise Guy
Reaction score
We just need to keep perspective.

We’re five foot nothin. A hundred and nothin. And have barely a speck of athletic ability. And we’re gonna hang in there with the best college football players in the land.

Irish by 100

arrowryan

Reaction score
I predicted Notre Dame 41-37.

Two things HAVE to happen, in order for Notre Dame to pull off an upset:

1.) The running game has to be successful and consistent for 4 quarters. In order for that to happen, Buchner might have to complete a couple throws at the beginning.

2.) The front 4 has to put pressure on Stroud. They can't afford to send 6 or 7 on a pass rush. The blitzes have to be timely and well calculated.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
I predicted Notre Dame 41-37.

Two things HAVE to happen, in order for Notre Dame to pull off an upset:

1.) The running game has to be successful and consistent for 4 quarters. In order for that to happen, Buchner might have to complete a couple throws at the beginning.

2.) The front 4 has to put pressure on Stroud. They can't afford to send 6 or 7 on a pass rush. The blitzes have to be timely and well calculated.
This is probably the one thing I'm most curious about. What has Golden designed to beat these guys?

ndcoltsfan2010

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm praying for a good close game to start this season. I want our boys to hang in there for all 4 quarters win or lose. We just have a ton of unknowns at this point. We have the talent to keep up with these guys, I'm just hoping for the best like everyone else. Just happy that ND football is only 2 days away! Here is to a great season!! Go Irish!!!

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
Where's @OSU_Buckeyes?

He's been mostly below-the-radar on the board. I'd like to hear his game predictions. Let's get this pot stirred.

Irish8248

Reaction score
Audric Estime is the player of the game or the player were wondering why they didn't use him more...

OSU_Buckeyes

Reaction score
Where's @OSU_Buckeyes?

He's been mostly below-the-radar on the board. I'd like to hear his game predictions. Let's get this pot stirred.

I think Ohio State will win, but I don’t think it will be a blowout. It’s hard to judge the first game for everyone. I’m going with the Buckeyes by 7.

No matter the outcome, let’s get this series renewed as soon as possible!