2022 Fall Camp Thread

irishff1014

Reaction score
How did we not pick up the Purdue wr Charlie Jones who was in the transfer portal? Had 12 receptions for over 150 yards. Probably better game than any of our guys will have this year. 🤦‍♂️

Really? Styles is really good and had some big games. Merriweather is going to be a baller.

And Penn State has a new DC.

NDdomer2

Local Sports vBookie
Reaction score
they didn't...he was childhood friends w/ purdue's qb and played together all through the years prior to college and the whole reason he left iowa was to be in an offense to get more NFL attention and he could be the #1 target
thank you for reiterating

irishfan

Irish Hoops Mod
Reaction score
When was the last time anyone on ND had 12 catches or 150 yards let alone both in the same game? PSU would also probably be the 3rd-5th best team on our schedule (jury is out on BYU/USC), so it’s not like he did this against a creampuff. How is anyone possibly pushing back that we could have used this transfer WR?

arahop

Reaction score
Right. I think that's the more interesting question. All our opponents will expect us to play to our strengths with a smash mouth offense, and will stack the box accordingly. Are we going to be able to punish them by splitting out RBs and TEs to create mismatches against LBs?
I really hope we utilize our RBs in the passing game A LOT. Texas route, screens, occasional wheel routes. Play action role outs to the RBs in the flat. Make it easy on Buchner to settle in. We need to role out Buchner and let him be a a threat and just play. This will let him make easy decisions. I believe in you Tommy

FightingIrishLover7

All troll, no substance
Reaction score
I really hope we utilize our RBs in the passing game A LOT. Texas route, screens, occasional wheel routes. Play action role outs to the RBs in the flat. Make it easy on Buchner to settle in. We need to role out Buchner and let him be a a threat and just play. This will let him make easy decisions. I believe in you Tommy
I prefer the Oklahoma (st) route - ala Tyree

Reaction score
When was the last time anyone on ND had 12 catches or 150 yards let alone both in the same game? PSU would also probably be the 3rd-5th best team on our schedule (jury is out on BYU/USC), so it’s not like he did this against a creampuff. How is anyone possibly pushing back that we could have used this transfer WR?

No one is saying that ND couldn’t use him. People are saying that ND didn’t botch it by not getting him because he wouldn’t have come here - partially because he wouldn’t get force fed the football as much.

irishff1014

Reaction score
Again we heard all this positive about the offense and yet again same result. The coaches and the reports full of crap.