2022 Fall Camp Thread

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
in the facebook videos today the DL guys Foskey, Mills, Ade twins etc all said Smith was the strongest DL in the unit
Makes sense given he’s shorter and more compact. I don’t know how good he will be at penetrating, but I bet he’ll be anchored like a fire hydrant.

WilliamWallace

Active Member, Yes
Reaction score
I could see him staying to earn his degree, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him disengage to some degree, or completely. It’s gotta be a gut punch after waiting your turn only to be passed up. Friends or not his goal is to play QB, if he accepts a 1B roll then good for him. I just don’t get the feeling that’s his mindset.

317Irish

Reaction score
I could see him staying to earn his degree, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him disengage to some degree, or completely. It’s gotta be a gut punch after waiting your turn only to be passed up. Friends or not his goal is to play QB, if he accepts a 1B roll then good for him. I just don’t get the feeling that’s his mindset.
Realistically, he HAS to know that the “one snap away” “next man in” philosophy is highly applicable in this scenario.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Drew Pyne will quarterback us to at least one victory this season. I’d bet $100 on it. What happens after this season, who knows. He’ll have two years of eligibility if he wants to go start on some lesser team.
But on our team he’s a snap away and he can help win games and he knows that.

Irishben10

Reaction score
What’s the feeling of Drew jumping ship if TB is in fact named starter? I believe it’s a very real possibility.
He won’t jump ship till next season, what’s the point, he ain’t going to be playing anywhere, may as well stay & keep training for his next move

Irish2155

Reaction score
We’re in Buchner or bust mode for at least 2 years now.

The peanut gallery speak is irrelevant.

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score
Says a guy who's also in the peanut gallery. Peanut-ception.
spiderman-meme-164016516016x9.png

T-Boone

Reaction score
We’re in Buchner or bust mode for at least 2 years now.

The peanut gallery speak is irrelevant.
I think maybe if Buchner does turn out a bust then maybe by 23 Angeli takes over so its not totally locked in 2 years (also transfers could happen or CJ comes in ready to play).
Angeli impressed in the BG game almost as much as Pyne depressed.

irishandy

Reaction score
- I think ND's offensive line has the potential to be the one of the best in the country; top 5 at least. This will help Buchner and our RB's. If we have a bad OL Buchner likely has a bad year, a good offensive line will give him the opportunity to show his potential.
- Still no word on Kollie??
- I like the idea of Merriweather & Colzie returning punts, anything I've read about Merriweather has been positive; going to be hard to keep him off the field.
- With Colzie and his knee issue, hopefully it is minor; I am excited for him to see the field (hopefully).

arndtjc

Jameson in my Jameson
Reaction score
I’ll be curious to see if they don’t pull the trigger on flipping Xavier Watts back to WR, I think the numbers are desperate enough to do so. Pretty much ensures we’re going to see Raridon and probably Staes detached quite a bit this season

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
I think maybe if Buchner does turn out a bust then maybe by 23 Angeli takes over so its not totally locked in 2 years (also transfers could happen or CJ comes in ready to play).
Angeli impressed in the BG game almost as much as Pyne depressed.
Listen to yourself. If we're relying on Angeli to take us to the next level, we're beyond fucked. Just another indictment of Rees's brutal recruiting at the position over the last few cycles. Clark, Pyne, Angeli weren't/ain't it. If Buchner ain't it either, it's grad transfer or bust next two seasons. Imagine Bama, OSU, Clemson in this situation. Can't? That's because they prove you can recruit elite QBs cycle after cycle. Nothing potentially elite about the QBs mentioned above sans Buchner. What Rees is "accomplishing" here is unacceptable.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Irish2155

Reaction score
tyler buchner
drew pyne
coaches
teammates
second team rep squad
opponents
ohio state
middriffs
notre dame fans
notre dame families
peanut galleries
Nah bro. You’re over thinking this.

MacIrish75

Tier 6 Dogshit Poster
Reaction score
Any Ivy League, Vandy, NW, Stanfarm, or Rice WRs looking at a late upgrade??

Irish2155

Reaction score
Says a guy who's seat is also in the peanut gallery.
True that. But I didn’t voice an opinion. Just stated the obvious.

At this point our QB options are limited. All chips on the Buchner train and let’s just hope that the dude isn’t Winbush 2.0. If he can ball, then this team absolutely deserves a top 5 ranking.

I really don’t know but I certainly hope.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
Sucks for Avery. So how many healthy WR are we at for the start of the season? 6? Gonna be holding our breaths all season long every time a WR gets tackled.

Dale

Reaction score
When they detached Mayer last year they liked putting him as an outside WR. It’ll be interesting if they have him or a TE they actually like putting in the slot or if they continue to detach a TE as an outside WR and just push Styles/Thomas in.