'19 TX S Brandon Joseph (Northwestern Transfer -> Notre Dame Verbal)

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Safety
College Station, TX
College Station HS

8096764.jpg
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Measurements:
6-1

Rankings:
247 Comp ..... 3* ..... #83 S ..... #1005 OA ...... 8540
247 ................ 3* ..... #67 S ............................. 86
Rivals ............ 3*
ESPN ............. NR

HS Offers:
Notre Dame .............. No ..... Committed to ND as a GT ____________
AZ
TTech ......... Committed / Decommitted
Colo
Cornell
Dartmouth
Harvard
I State
La Tech
Purdue
Rice
TX St
Tulane
Tulsa
Utah
UTSA
Vandy

Media Links:
Twitter = https://twitter.com/BrandonJoseph_1
Hudl = https://www.hudl.com/profile/6264228/Brandon-Joseph
Maxpreps = https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/bra...ball/stats.htm

Highlights:

Sr. Season = https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6264228...7bee0b7059212f

Last edited by a moderator:

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Getting ready for the decision...

Supposedly on campus today.

Won't come cheap...

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/BrandonJoseph_1/status/1442997432598597635[/TWEET]

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Was a consensus All American in '20. Had 6 Int's in 8 games.

Followed up with 79 Tkl ... 1.5 TFL ... 1 Sk ... 3 Int's in 12 games. ( Avg'd 28.5 yds per punt return on 4 attempts too)

Would have 2 years to play.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Would be a huge addition. About as good as we could ask for from the portal.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
Is he "Kyle Hamilton AA" good or "Cain Madden AA" good? I know beggars can't be choosers, but just wanna know how much I need to temper my expectations.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

NDRock

Reaction score
Is he "Kyle Hamilton AA" good or "Cain Madden AA" good? I know beggars can't be choosers, but just wanna know how much I need to temper my expectations.

Well, if he was KH good he'd be heading to the draft. I'd say Ben S. good.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score

Between those two. He's extremely solid and will get drafted. He's leaving NW because they suck and he wants to play another year to improve his draft stock.

NDRock

Reaction score
Was a consensus All American in '20. Had 6 Int's in 8 games.

Followed up with 79 Tkl ... 1.5 TFL ... 1 Sk ... 3 Int's in 12 games. ( Avg'd 28.5 yds per punt return on 4 attempts too)

Would have 2 years to play.

Just realized he was the kid who had the one handed interception against Ohio State. Nice.

Dale

Reaction score
He was getting Top 50 Big Board type talk pre-season, I’d imagine that stock fell a bit but definitely above Madden.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Best S in the room would be my expectation. And, that's quite the addition to get from the portal.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
Between those two. He's extremely solid and will get drafted. He's leaving NW because they suck and he wants to play another year to improve his draft stock.
Thanks! I guess what I meant was legit AA or not lol, but sounds like he'd be a tremendous add

Dale

Reaction score
Here’s hoping the steps to get to being on campus right now was hurdles cleared > make visit and not make visit to try to clear any hurdles while here. Someone posted elsewhere he has been following a bunch of ND guys on IG

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
Joseph plays in the Big Ten, so that AA was definitely legit.

He didn't have the luxury of playing against C-USA competition like Madden and he isn't athletically or physically limited like Madden.

He's not a freak of nature like Kyle Hamilton, but he's definitely closer to that than the safety equivalent to Madden.

drayer54

Reaction score
From College Station and not looking at Texa$ A&M is odd, especially since they are paying top dollar.

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Reaction score
Sometimes the local school or the dream school doesn’t get another look the second time around because the recruit is still bitter over not getting offered the first time around.

andre784

Reaction score
Definitely a nice thing to see a player whose got elite run defense and elite pass defense as a friggin transfer player with ND interest! He's already getting drafted but coming here gives him a big spotlight post Kyle Hamilton leaving. It makes all the sense in the world.

CanadalovesND

Reaction score
Definitely a nice thing to see a player whose got elite run defense and elite pass defense as a friggin transfer player with ND interest! He's already getting drafted but coming here gives him a big spotlight post Kyle Hamilton leaving. It makes all the sense in the world.

I just subscribed to PFF so I'm going a little crazy with researching player grades, but just to make a point here, Joseph actually grades out as a terrible run defender. 746th out of 756th graded safeties.

His coverage grade is much better, but he's better off playing as the single high safety than around the line of scrimmage. Believe it or not, this is where Houston Griffith actually excelled at the best last season.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Freebie from On3 yesterday.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/PatrickEngel_/status/1479124976238215169[/TWEET]

beryirish

Dry Land Is Not A Myth!
Reaction score
Michigan S Daxton Hill just declared for the draft - wonder if this will peak interest for either side to check out.

calvegas04

Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/BrandonJoseph_1/status/1479700596311662592?s=20[/TWEET]

andre784

Reaction score
I just subscribed to PFF so I'm going a little crazy with researching player grades, but just to make a point here, Joseph actually grades out as a terrible run defender. 746th out of 756th graded safeties.
NW was 119th/129 total defense against run, it was a team failure with a new defensive coordinator. Michigan for instance ran the ball maybe 60 times for like 300 yards in one singular game. Giving up one 15 plus yard pass in coverage in a season is oh so exciting if he does choose us.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
Sounds like NDs admin is working with Freeman to get the right guys in. That’s a positive right? This guy was what academic class?

Free Manera

Reaction score
Loy had been reporting he visited Thursday while everyone else was saying this weekend. Loy was probably right and it’s all worked out already.