'18 SC QB Sam Hartman (Notre Dame Transfer)

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score
Wow thank goodness he skipped the bowl game. I hope he has that job resume squared away.
That's a good point. Why skip the bowl only to play in the Senior? Is it to prove you can play with a new roster that you have no chemistry with? Are you that much less likely to take an injury? Seems like a big risk to hurt your stock as a QB, it's probably hard to get a rhythm with new WRs.

arrowryan

Reaction score
That's a good point. Why skip the bowl only to play in the Senior? Is it to prove you can play with a new roster that you have no chemistry with? Are you that much less likely to take an injury? Seems like a big risk to hurt your stock as a QB, it's probably hard to get a rhythm with new WRs.

Some people say it’s a good time to develop relationships with NFL teams, and that’s probably true.

But going 7/25 with a pick probably ruined all of that.

NDFAN420

Reaction score
It's like a mini-combine and guys get drafted based on Senior Bowl practice and preformance. Lots of GMs and scouts present who put stock in that week, good for networking of all kinds. Some guys with NFL aspirations may feel, for better or worse, that Senior Bowl > Team's Bowl. These are just new paradigms that could also change.

Irishdawg

Reaction score
Sam Hartman’s gonna be fine in life, lol. Some of y’all acting like he’s gonna be downgraded to Mickey Ds. Besides, these all star games usually suck anyway.
No Mickey Ds but late round draft pick to undrafted. Could be this years Mr. Irrelevant which worked out for one Super Bowl QB😉

ND88

Reaction score
No Mickey Ds but late round draft pick to undrafted. Could be this years Mr. Irrelevant which worked out for one Super Bowl QB😉
He was already leaning in that direction as far as draft stock. However, I don’t think he’s done completely yet. If he doesn’t land on a team as a late round sleeper pick, he can parlay his personality into something sports related.

Pete

Reaction score
He was already leaning in that direction as far as draft stock. However, I don’t think he’s done completely yet. If he doesn’t land on a team as a late round sleeper pick, he can parlay his personality into something sports related.
Hire him to replace Garrett

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
He also made more money last season than he probably will next year (or ever in the NFL). Has a degree from Wake Forest, a natural born leader, etc etc. Sam will be just fine, and did his best for us. No need to drag the guy.

irishandy

Reaction score
If he had another year of college, I'd take him back. We have a better OC and overall I think our WR's are better (Tyree would fit in with our transfers).

forkbeard3777

Reaction score
If he had another year of college, I'd take him back. We have a better OC and overall I think our WR's are better (Tyree would fit in with our transfers).

Leonard > Hartman. Leonard is fun to watch. He kinda reminds me of Tebow in a way…athletic, tough, and just makes plays. He seems to be a good kid, too. I hope he crushes it.

IRISHDODGER

Blue Chip Recruit
Reaction score
Leonard > Hartman. Leonard is fun to watch. He kinda reminds me of Tebow in a way…athletic, tough, and just makes plays. He seems to be a good kid, too. I hope he crushes it.
Definitely a higher ceiling but even his OC at Duke admitted he still has a lot of developing to do. I’m confident Denbrock & Gino can get him developed provided he stays healthy. And yes, I know he‘s not injury-prone just because of last year’s ankle injury since he played the entire 2022 season but he runs…a lot…so the likelihood is higher that he gets banged up.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sam Hartman hit 15-20 year highs, for a ND QB, in some very important QB statistics this season. Not to mention, Hartman's comp pct, yds/att, ay/a, and QB rating all improved over last season.

The difference is, Leonard will have plays called by a real Offensive Coordinator.

If anyone disappointed in Hartman's performance or the teams. Maybe those should be directed elsewhere. Though I know that won't happen.

IrishBoognish

Reaction score
I'm very excited for the prospect of what Riley might bring

But...

And I've been holding this in for a while, please excuse me...

He doesn't *look* much like a football player to me. Big ol goofy doofus.

He seems like a good dude and it's nothing personal. He just seems dorky and like a goofball with his whole... thing.

Am I the only one?

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Sam Hartman hit 15-20 year highs, for a ND QB, in some very important QB statistics this season. Not to mention, Hartman's comp pct, yds/att, ay/a, and QB rating all improved over last season.

The difference is, Leonard will have plays called by a real Offensive Coordinator.

If anyone disappointed in Hartman's performance or the teams. Maybe those should be directed elsewhere. Though I know that won't happen.
Last season was 97% on Parker.

Will Sam make the NFL? Gardner Minshew says hello.