'18 CA OT Jarrett Patterson (Notre Dame Signee)

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Reaction score
Just go with what the medical staff says. If they say "GO" with no extra risk, then GO.
If they say there is some true risk, then Kristofic can do his job for a while. Simple logic.
One thing certain: Don't let Patterson make the decision. He's a bit biased.

Sherm Sticky

The Prophet
Reaction score
Just go with what the medical staff says. If they say "GO" with no extra risk, then GO.
If they say there is some true risk, then Kristofic can do his job for a while. Simple logic.
One thing certain: Don't let Patterson make the decision. He's a bit biased.
Nailed OMM. If medical states he is healthy enough to play then he starts. Need to continue to build open Oline chemistry.

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
One, I think there's going to be risks regardless of how long you wait. Nature of the beast with big dudes and lower body injuries.

Two, once Patterson and the med staff feel the risk is mitigated and he's GTG, yes, absolutely put him back at center. Correll needs to sit ASAP. Same with Lugg, but I think that's Spindler's job moving forward.

Should be Alt, Kristofic, Patterson, Spindler, Fisher moving forward.

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Reaction score
Suspicions confirmed. I have been wondering why the majority of double-teams in pass-protection situations have been Patterson-Correll instead of Lugg-Correll. I'm believing now that some of that is that Patterson and Correll are helping one another, and Lugg usually stones his man on his own (which is what my OLine watch has been showing.)

I also believe that most of the IE board comments about OLine don't realize how much OLinemen play through injuries, and, given the unusual coordination needs of the unit, MUST do so. Patterson is warrioring it out, just like all good to great OLinemen do all the time. Three extra cheers for Jarrett.

allenm5333

Reaction score
dude tore his pec in the spring and had a foot injury in camp. we supposed to be surprised? lol

rtrn2glory

Reaction score
I feel bad that his health will most likely be he drops to a 3rd day pick at best and possibly UDFA. Hope I'm wrong for his sake because he deserves better.

CanadalovesND

Reaction score
He's been a solid player during the entirety of his collegiate career. He has good size for an interior position, and good movement skills. Nothing about him screams elite, but he's gotten the job done during his time at ND.

His play has been below his normal standards, but as we know, he hasn't had any luck staying healthy. I could have believed second to third round for him, maybe even Top 50 selection, after last season, but there's a lot to digest for NFL GMs, scouts, player personnel members to take in when projecting JPatt for the NFL. Wherever he ends up, if he's healthy, he could be a plug and play guy from Day 1.

NDdomer2

Local Sports vBookie
Reaction score
almost everyone at this point in the season is or has played hurt in some fashion. You dont get evaluated less because of it. If you are in you are expected to perform at the same standard, hurt or not.

irishff1014

Reaction score
2nd or 3rd round seems reasonable. He can be a plus Center or Guard. That has to be appealing to someone.

Sherm Sticky

The Prophet
Reaction score
Going into the season he was a lock day 2 guy with possibility of going late 1st. With the injury effecting his play this year it seems more likely that he is a day 2 guy who may slide to the top of the 4th round.

rtrn2glory

Reaction score
NFL teams are very conservative it seems with health risks, unless the talent is off the charts ala Jaylon Smith and the kid from Michigan last year. Hopefully he can get and stay healthy for the combine season.

FightingIrishLover7

All troll, no substance
Reaction score
He's been a solid player during the entirety of his collegiate career. He has good size for an interior position, and good movement skills. Nothing about him screams elite, but he's gotten the job done during his time at ND.

His play has been below his normal standards, but as we know, he hasn't had any luck staying healthy. I could have believed second to third round for him, maybe even Top 50 selection, after last season, but there's a lot to digest for NFL GMs, scouts, player personnel members to take in when projecting JPatt for the NFL. Wherever he ends up, if he's healthy, he could be a plug and play guy from Day 1.
I wish ND could get more solid players that allow zero sacks for their entire career.

rtrn2glory

Reaction score
will he even play in the bowl game? He's been battling injuries all year, my guess is he sits too and gets healthy for the senior bowl.

CanadalovesND

Reaction score
I don't think he's going that high. He's an IOL who is 23 years old with an injury history.

Age is not a huge factor with OL, seeing as most can play into the early thirties still at a high level.

Zack Martin turned 24 during his rookie season, and McGlinchey was just a few months away from 24 when he made his NFL debut.

The injury history is concerning to a degree, though. I don't think he's going to go as high as people think, but he's still a value pick and can probably start as a rookie.