Texas Tech
Tulane
Tulsa
Utah
Utah State
Virginia

Highlights:
Avery Davis - Hudl
<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/3734925/highlights/293012378' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/3734925/58098cef90f99410887ef19a' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

ryno 24

Reaction score
Interesting player. It will be interesting what we decide. His highlights are just sprinkled with throws and he is not the most accurate passer.

ResLife Hero

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There is a 2017 four-star QB hoping to land an offer from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash">#NotreDame</a>, writes <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanBartow">@RyanBartow</a> <a href="https://t.co/IXehNNtFTD">https://t.co/IXehNNtFTD</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/IRISHEL17E?src=hash">#IRISHEL17E</a></p>— Tom Loy (@TomLoy247) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomLoy247/status/656507555057967104">October 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

GoIrish41

Paterfamilius
Reaction score
Too short to play QB? I'm growing accustomed to a 6-4, 230 lb passer.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd go after the cream of the crop for '17 but not count on anything until after Wimbush's '16 season is clear. It could be a gnarly high ankle sprain forces him to redshirt next year.

There could be All American level QB's at ND in '17, '18 & '19 (if Wimbush redshirts). The pantry is stocked and the road is blocked.

irishff1014

Reaction score
JMO he needs to work on his passing. He is a run first QB i think. I think he is a good QB but i think we have some other targets ahead of him.

Last edited:

PANDFAN

Look Down
Reaction score
If Davis has the size ND is looking for wiltfong believes he will be offered based on what he's hearing. they love his tape and just want see what he looks like physically---247

according to loy--faster than malik

Booslum31

Reaction score
If Davis has the size ND is looking for wiltfong believes he will be offered based on what he's hearing. they love his tape and just want see what he looks like physically---247

according to loy--faster than malik

30 lbs lighter...should be.

irishff1014

Reaction score
Malik's not fast. His legs are fast enough... his decisions & reactions are where the speed is.

The question is, is he faster than Wimbush cuz he's the one he'll be competing with and that boy's got wheels.

I don't think speed is an issue. He can get it. But i think we need to see him throw more.

Calabrese's People

Reaction score
Nope... just sign more of those athletic 6'5+ gunslingers that show great pocket poise and can still buy a first down or two with their feet, while . They love going out of state to a cold-weather school with stacked QB depthchart...

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
All we need is a Vince Young with grades, Cam Newton without the bagdad or Johnny football in 6" heels.

Or they should just go after Jarrett Guarantano since they took the #1 '17 QB right behind him.

ResLife Hero

Reaction score
Irish offer Texas QB

Avery Davis (Cedar Hill, Tex.) picked up an offer from Notre Dame, per his high school coach Joey McGuire.

Davis told 247Sports.com onsite last week that the offer he wanted the most was Notre Dame.

The Fighting Irish stopped by his school earlier this week for an evaluation visit.

Davis has seven verbal offers.

Texas Tech currently leads Kansas and SMU. Look for Notre Dame to instantly move into that lead group.

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 8 dual-threat quarterback and the No. 37 prospect in Texas in the 2017 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.

Domina Nostra

Reaction score
Nope... just sign more of those athletic 6'5+ gunslingers that show great pocket poise and can still buy a first down or two with their feet, while . They love going out of state to a cold-weather school with stacked QB depthchart...

Haha. This is probably the most pessimistic take I've ever seen on ND recruiting.

It's not just some cold-weather school, its Notre Dame. Its about 4 degrees colder on average than Ohio State, and about the same as Ann Arbor. I think Michigan, ND, and OSU have been able to recruit a few decent QBs.

And the depth chart is not any worse than most Tier 1 schools:

Kizer- 2018
Wimbush - 2018
Ian Book - 2020

So a 2017 QB is going to sit out 2017, will likely not play in 2018, and then will have 3 years to compete with 3-star Ian Book. That sounds pretty reasonable.

arrowryan

Reaction score
Per Wiltfong, the staff loved his tape. They just wanted to see what he looked like physically before offering

Irish2155

Reaction score
Per Wiltfong, the staff loved his tape. They just wanted to see what he looked like physically before offering

If the staff says so then I'm with it. Hope they're right b/c I have a good feeling he'll be choosing the Irish over his current offers. That said, he is probably blowing up this season and has more offers heading his way...??? Him putting it in the air worries me a bit, great athlete though.

It is early to "settle" on a '17 QB...so he must be legit for ND to accept his commitment on an oh' so important position. Maybe another under the radar player the staff found first, then offered quick?!?! Just like Book...Sanford has a noise for underrated stud QBs, we hope!!

arrowryan

Reaction score
If the staff says so then I'm with it. Hope they're right b/c I have a good feeling he'll be choosing the Irish over his current offers. That said, he is probably blowing up this season and has more offers heading his way...??? Him putting it in the air worries me a bit, great athlete though.

It is early to "settle" on a '17 QB...so he must be legit for ND to accept his commitment on an oh' so important position. Maybe another under the radar player the staff found first, then offered quick?!?! Just like Book...Sanford has a noise for underrated stud QBs, we hope!!

I like his high school tape more than Malik's high school tape. He has a pretty strong arm even with that funky throwing motion; Sanford can clean that up though