'13 NJ DE Alquadin Muhammad (Miami Verbal)

G

GBdomer

His interview makes him sound like a ND lock. He told the staff he was coming months ago. Reminds me of Davaris Daniels recruitment. Thought he was going to Miami because he couldn't get into ND but its ND all the way.

B

Buster Bluth

Interview w/ Farrell at the AA check in said he loved winning with Shumate at their first high school he loved winning at their second high school together and would love to continue to winning with Shumate.

Said he knows where he is going right now.

tumblr_mf018lYLjp1rnvwt1.gif

fightingirish26

Reaction score
First off great news.

Secondly, I put the strange Latin paragraph a while back into google translate and it was just a bunch of sentences that made sense by themselves but together were nonsense. Best was the second sentence : We smile at customers. Haha
If anyone cared about what the Iluminati said...

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Reaction score
The reloading....

Most recruiting is for the sophomore year of the player coveted. When Muhammed arrives next year, we will be the most powerful three-man front in the nation [Day/ Nix/ Tuitt --- that's two consensus AAs by that time, and one going rapidly in that direction]. With Schwenke, Springmann, Okwara, Jones, and Hounshell in the wings, the young giants can watch and learn.

The following year, the sophomore years, we need help. I imagine that Day will have to slide inside as was once originally intended. This leaves the DEs open for ferocious competition. What a war that should be in the Spring between Okwara, Muhammed, Jones, and Rochell [I expect Matuska and Springmann to back up Day in the foggy crystal ball]. That first team should be pretty good, but we'll have been spoiled by Lou and Stephon. AND our inability to get a true NIXIAN DT hurts... even if one comes in the 2014 class. [we'll also lose at linebacker, but the current group and current verbals are so talented that even losing a Shembo and a Spond is probably handle-able --- Williams/ Randolph, Councell/Smith].

Because of the outrageous mass of talent that we already have in uniform or verbaled, the LBs and DBs should sparkle like All-Stars everywhere. Despite not having a Big Lou, we should be so good all over the place that no OC will want to play us even after the two great ones have gone.

People are going to begin saying: well, "they've" [referring to some SEC team] never really played a Notre Dame quality defense yet.

drake29

Reaction score
Before you guys get your hopes up...Wore a BAMA cap to the stadium today, had very favorable things to say about BAMA and UM...He's visited both - not ND. If he doesn't take anymore visits after committing at the AA game, I don't see how it's a good thing. Just my 2 cents - don't get mad, I just am not getting my hopes up. Definitely hoping I'm wrong.

NDGirlzRock

Reaction score
Does anyone remember seeing any early film on Michael Strahan when he came in the New York Football Giants??? AQM body type reminds me of Strahan......are their styles similar?

drake29

Reaction score
Does anyone remember seeing any early film on Michael Strahan when he came in the New York Football Giants??? AQM body type reminds me of Strahan......are their styles similar?

AQM needs to add about 50 lbs to his frame, especially his lower body, before he compares to Strahan. That said - Strahan was a 4-3 DE all the way - AQM is CAT LBer. Would much rather have AQM model himself after DeMarcus Ware...

G

GBdomer

"It's looking good for Notre Dame," said Muhammad. "They're at the top but it's looking good for them, Alabama, Rutgers and Miami."

STLDomer

Schmitty
Reaction score
Interview w/ Farrell at the AA check in said he loved winning with Shumate at their first high school he loved winning at their second high school together and would love to continue to winning with Shumate.

Said he knows where he is going right now.

Farrell asked. You deciding on Saturday after that it done? Said yes. Farrell then said shutting it down after Saturday no more visits.

I'm sure that doesn't account for the OV to ND.

His interview makes him sound like a ND lock. He told the staff he was coming months ago. Reminds me of Davaris Daniels recruitment. Thought he was going to Miami because he couldn't get into ND but its ND all the way.

"It's looking good for Notre Dame," said Muhammad. "They're at the top but it's looking good for them, Alabama, Rutgers and Miami."

Also added "Everything is going well in the classroom and I'll be ready to play"

Rob-Ryan.gif

Ricochet

Reaction score
I've used a Strahan comparison when describing him in the past hence why I'm so adamant that in the 3-4 he's a CAT OLB and a DE when they go with 4 man front but one thing that he is without question not is a 3-4 DE.

He's a pure pass rusher game is built on speed quickness and agility hence why he's about attacking the backfield and not about containment which is first and foremost the DE's job in the 3-4.

G

GBdomer

I don't feel like uploading the pic I don't know how but I was texting TP and he sent me a pic of Muhammad throwing up the "U"

Ricochet

Reaction score
AQM needs to add about 50 lbs to his frame, especially his lower body, before he compares to Strahan. That said - Strahan was a 4-3 DE all the way - AQM is CAT LBer. Would much rather have AQM model himself after DeMarcus Ware...
Sorry but your wrong. It's not a universal fit but the majority of the time 4-3 DE's become 3-4 OLB if they move into 3-4 scheme.

If Strahan was playing for ND in this Defense he would be a CAT OLB and as he was with the Giants in the 4-3 he would be a DE, it's as simple as that and the same goes for AQM. They are pass rusher so no matter the system of what the position is called there primary role is about rushing the passer as there main asset is there athleticism, speed and agility.

The reason your wrong is because the 50 lbs to his frame just isn't correct. Strahan played at 265 for the first half of his career and in the 2nd half he was playing at 250 to become faster and more agile.

Irish Insanity

Reaction score
So wearing Bama gear, flashing the U gang sign, and talking highly of ND. I guess its safe to assume he'll be attending one of those three.

Rocky2820

Reaction score
So, he showed up wearing an Alabama hat, threw up the U sign, and said that ND is at the top. Perhaps he's just playing with everyone until we get to Saturday so he truly has his moment.

EDIT: Irish Insanity beat me to the punch.

G

GBdomer

Shaq Thompson said USC lead last year at this time. Kids like to play with the media

Irish Insanity

Reaction score
So, he showed up wearing an Alabama hat, threw up the U sign, and said that ND is at the top. Perhaps he's just playing with everyone until we get to Saturday so he truly has his moment.

EDIT: Irish Insanity beat me to the punch.

Not many can say they beat Rocky to the punch.

drake29

Reaction score
Sorry but your wrong. It's not a universal fit but the majority of the time 4-3 DE's become 3-4 OLB if they move into 3-4 scheme.

If Strahan was playing for ND in this Defense he would be a CAT OLB and as he was with the Giants in the 4-3 he would be a DE, it's as simple as that and the same goes for AQM. They are pass rusher so no matter the system of what the position is called there primary role is about rushing the passer as there main asset is there athleticism, speed and agility.

The reason your wrong is because the 50 lbs to his frame just isn't correct. Strahan played at 265 for the first half of his career and in the 2nd half he was playing at 250 to become faster and more agile.

Agree to disagree. Strahan's listed Height and weight early in his career was 6'5'' 275lbs. If that's not a 3-4 DE, I don't know what is. AQM is listed at 6'4'' 225lbs on recruiting websites (we all know how accurate those can be). So whether it's 30lbs or 50, the fact remains that they are two separate players that may or may not have different skill sets and play different positions. As far as playing in a 3-4 vs a 4-3, it's not such a seamless transition as you would like everyone to believe. The position is similar but OLBs in a 3-4 usually have a smaller frame and have greater versatility to rush the passer or drop into coverage because of better speed and agility. That said, I think AQM would be phenomenal in Shembo's role as a CAT LBer.

NDhoosier

Reaction score
He is Irish. I think all this stuff is to make it not as obvious for the announcement to garner some excitement. I wouldnt be surprised to see these All-Star Game staff and/or sponsors telling these kids to play with recruitniks for the week leading up to the announcement.

KPENN

Tip your vBookie
Staff member
Reaction score
My theory is he's wanted to go to ND all along. He was having trouble getting into ND and took the Miami trip as a backup plan. Got clearance to get into ND and will choose them. Also all the Bama gear and flashing the "U" sign is just for show. I could be wrong though.

B

Buster Bluth

My theory is he's wanted to go to ND all along. He was having trouble getting into ND and took the Miami trip as a backup plan. Got clearance to get into ND and will choose them. Also all the Bama gear and flashing the "U" sign is just for show. I could be wrong though.

This.