'11 TX ATH Cam McDaniel (Signed Notre Dame LOI)

TerryTate

The Pain Train
Reaction score
Athlete
Coppell, Texas, Coppell HS

Ht: 5'11"
Wt: 192 lbs
40: 4.53 secs
Bench Max: 215
Shuttle: 3.97
Vertical: 34 inches

Offers

Air Force
Army
Cincinnati
Colorado
Iowa
Iowa State
Louisiana Tech
Minnesota
Navy
Stanford
Tulsa

TerryTate

The Pain Train
Reaction score
Receiving interest. Received an "unofficial" offer last week. Expects to talk to Kelly & Staff this week.

Recruiting analyst said he would commit if offered.

Expected to play RB or Slot Receiver

TerryTate

The Pain Train
Reaction score
Could potentially fill the void left by Roback's departure. An H-back type mold.

edgesofsanity

Reaction score
Here's a look at the man:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MhiJew5oh9Q?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MhiJew5oh9Q?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

aubeirish

Reaction score
Love this song.
Good looking kid. Pretty shifty, good speed, and hard nose. Could be a pretty good play-maker at the next level.

ryno 24

Reaction score
we dont really need running back or wide reciever but we do need athletes would be like a collinsworth

fitz_bu47

Reaction score
I want the kid b/c music from the Last of the Mohicans is playing on his highlight tape.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
we dont really need running back or wide reciever but we do need athletes would be like a collinsworth

Someone with agility like that I would totally try at CB. With proper technique elite agility guys (like Revis and Champ Bailey before him) become shutdown corners.

ndcoltsfan2010

Reaction score
I was also impressed with his balance and agility. Could develop into a nice DB for sure with proper coaching.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, Revis has almost identical measureables with this kid and was a 3* & #46 CB recruit.

Not getting ahead of myself... just sayin' stars aren't everything if someone has upside.

aubeirish

Reaction score
I think the staff feels good about their ability to move guys around and to develop them into starters. What they are looking for right now are athletes/play makers. This guy clearly fits the description.

mick2

JRPG's are for nerds!
Reaction score
get him. get em all. hell, pull a saban and oversign by 30! i want studs! after last saturday i cant go back to watching the type of football we were all put through for the last couple of years! im spoiled now, i need blowout wins every saturday!

NDTH91

Reaction score
Shifty little devil, ain't he?

Reminds me of a certain Reggie Bush. He just needs that next gear so he can outrun secondaries once he gets around them. I like the potential though. I'll take every guy we can get because I trust Kelly to make them fit somewhere and have them prosper!

TerryTate

The Pain Train
Reaction score
#1 - read some of the posts at work and I was hoping the music was either braveheart or last of the mohicans.

Awesome.

#2 - Kid has legit agility. Scary threat at the slot. Could be a big weapon. Plays real stiff competition (Class 5A) in Texas.

TerryTate

The Pain Train
Reaction score
Freshman Year

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LrP7pf2491M?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LrP7pf2491M?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sophomore Year

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BKvYOOgKP34?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BKvYOOgKP34?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

jonesman

Tommy Rees is my man
Reaction score
Very nice films, but I a bit concerned why there is not one big time BCS school on his offer list. I think he is a good athlete, who can obviously jump, but I also remember another TX athlete like this named McGuffy who never made it at UM. We don't need another Smurf at the slot.

TerryTate

The Pain Train
Reaction score
Very nice films, but I a bit concerned why there is not one big time BCS school on his offer list. I think he is a good athlete, who can obviously jump, but I also remember another TX athlete like this named McGuffy who never made it at UM. We don't need another Smurf at the slot.

Iowa and Stanford are "big time BCS schools"

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Reaction score
Kelly may be liking him in the slot. I think that Kelly considers the slot-receiver one of his "Big Skill" positions in his "Skill--Big Skill-- Power" recruiting litany, because he wants that guy to take it to the house, pass reception or running. He's put Theo there because of that, but he might not feel that Bennett can pick up the plays well enough. Atkinson, though, seems like a potential superman there, so, as usual, i don't know.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
I'm done looking at stars and offer lists... out staff sees something so I'll take him if he wants to be here, that's why I had no problem with Heggie... accroding to stars and offer lists the Notre Dame's and Tennessee's of the world consistently play for National Titles and Oregon's and Bosie's all completely suck...

just get the guys who want to win HERE and win with them.

B

Bogtrotter07

He looks like he can surf his wave of blockers; when is the last time you saw anyone change direction like that without missing a step? He also looks like he gets 3 to 5 after he is hit. Has the heart of Jackson or Collinsworth, in my opinion. Hope he stops trying to hurdle so many guys. Do you know what that music actually is?

Reaction score
Iowa and Stanford are good offers.

Keep in mind many of the "elite" schools don't need to do too much of the picking through the recruits for the diamonds in the rough. Iowa is heralded often for finding those guys who nobody else wanted and making them competent college players and high NFL recruits.

He certainly is shifty. A 4.5 is fine, but not incredible. He is better than Roback though, that is for sure.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
Iowa and Stanford are good offers.

Keep in mind many of the "elite" schools don't need to do too much of the picking through the recruits for the diamonds in the rough. Iowa is heralded often for finding those guys who nobody else wanted and making them competent college players and high NFL recruits.

He certainly is shifty. A 4.5 is fine, but not incredible. He is better than Roback though, that is for sure.

Yeah but 40 times out of high school are very flawed. A true FAT 4.5 is actually quite good, but usually 40 times out of high school are inflated by .1-.2 or something around that. If you look at NFL combine times the fastest people usually run 4.4 and change.

jmurphy75

Reaction score
Kid has good quickness, keeps his feet moving and does really well in traffic. If he wants to be Irish then grab him!