'11 CA CB Josh Atkinson (Signed Notre Dame LOI)

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
Cornerback
Livermore CA Granada HS

Ht: 6-0
Wt: 180
40: 4.47

STATS
'09:

RANKINGS
Rivals: :s::s::s:, #35 CB, Rating 5.7
Scout: :s::s::s:, #46 CB
ESPN: :s::s::s:, #21 CB, Grade 78

OFFERS
Notre Dame (OV 9/11/10)

Oregon (OV 9/17/10 CANCELLED)
Washinghton
Miami
Arizona St

Arizona
Oregon St
San Jose St
Syracuse
Utah
Washington St

ND RECRUITER: Mike Denbrock

DECISION: 9/12/10 Notre Dame Verbal

Last edited:

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
Josh Atkinson is the son of George Atkinson, former player for the Oakland Raiders, and twin brother of George Atkinson, III, who holds an ND offer.

Josh is a couple of inches shorter, about 10 pounds lighter, than George and ONLY runs a 4.47 forty. George is listed at 4.4. Josh plays CB while George is a Safety.

According to Scout which lists Josh with 3 Stars and makes him their #32 CB the brothers are not necessarily a package deal. They'd obviously like to play together but they're not joined at the hip. They may go their own way. Scout has Oregon leading for Josh.

The two brothers currently hold several offers from the same schools including Arizona, Oregon, Oregon St, San Jose St, UW, and WSU.

Josh has been to a Cal Jr Day and visited UCLA but so far neither have offered.

GEORGIA DOMER

JOANIE LOVES CHACHI
Reaction score
ONLY, nice. i say go get the pair of them. thats not a bad list of offers for the young man. it would be neat to see the brothers lock down one half of the field!

Irish52

Reaction score
I'm not impressed. 4.47 for a corner is average at best. Wait for a better candidate; it's still early to lock in an average player.

GEORGIA DOMER

JOANIE LOVES CHACHI
Reaction score
still has a year to improve on 4.47 40. then throw his bro into the mix. not bad

BirdmanND06

Reaction score
I'm not impressed. 4.47 for a corner is average at best. Wait for a better candidate; it's still early to lock in an average player.

4.47 is not awesome for a corner, but he does have good size at 6'. Remember, the D we will be using actually prefers bigger corners to faster corners, so in terms of his numbers, he fits right in. Weather or not he gets offered will depend on how he plays in person.

TerryTate

The Pain Train
Reaction score
If he can stick with receivers and can break up a pass/make a tackle, he's an improvement

fitz_bu47

Reaction score
Everybody gets so caught up in 40 times, first of all if you are sub 4.5, you are fast. Besides that I would be more worried about the fluidity of his hips and being able to turn and run in coverage.

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score

Average at best ???

Wait for a better candidate?

Which one would that be?

His numbers are as good as those already offered by ND.

Lock him in? He hasn't even been offered.

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
Everybody gets so caught up in 40 times, first of all if you are sub 4.5, you are fast. Besides that I would be more worried about the fluidity of his hips and being able to turn and run in coverage.

Amen

neoroks32

Reaction score
i hate 40 times people fall in love/hate a player over it. anquan boldin ran a 4.7 at the combine but no ones crying about that. and a 4.47 is good no matter what the position, since your complaining about it can YOU do better

WabashFalcon

Team MVP
Reaction score
Even if the kis is a 4.7, if he has good form and is physical then he can play more zone than man. Never doubt the ability of a zone corner.

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
Update

Update

RANKINGS
Rivals: :s::s::s:, #43 CB, Rating 5.6
Scout: :s::s::s::s:, #33 CB
ESPN: :s::s::s:, #18 CB, Grade 78

According to Chris Courtney, eDucks.com

7/8
It's no secret that the Oregon coaching staff has made serious impressions on twin brothers George and Josh Atkinson from Livermore (CA) Granada. Though George appears to be a little more wide open, Josh has firmly contended that Oregon sits atop his list of offers as of right now. ...

Scout.com: Atkinson Says Ducks Are On Top

Last edited by a moderator:

DirtySecret

Banned
Reaction score
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8zy06Nxocr8&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8zy06Nxocr8&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

RyCo1983

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!
Reaction score
Sweeet Jebus are you for real???
If we land the twins that'll be HUGE for us

Irish.Ca

Reaction score
Not convinced they're a package deal. We could use either one of these brothers.

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
Not convinced they're a package deal. We could use either one of these brothers.

Did someone say they were a package deal? I haven't gotten that impression from the articles so far. Either one would be nice. Both would be better. I think the excitement is that the brother who didn't have ND leading now does.

Sure would make it easier for Mom and Dad on Game Day if they played for the same team.

bert2834

Best Bert EVER!!!!
Reaction score
It would be awesome to get both of the young men! But I would take either one seperately!

NDFANnSouthWest

We are ND!
Reaction score
This was out of nowhere....if we could get both Atkinson brothers....that would be awesome! I bet you his Josh's Brother (George) has been talking up the Irish program....

Last edited:

Big23Head

Reaction score
Did someone say they were a package deal? I haven't gotten that impression from the articles so far. Either one would be nice. Both would be better. I think the excitement is that the brother who didn't have ND leading now does.

Sure would make it easier for Mom and Dad on Game Day if they played for the same team.

I feel like II had an article this past week saying something about Atkinson brothers being a possible package deal. I'm not 100% on that but that may be where people have seen it.

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
I feel like II had an article this past week saying something about Atkinson brothers being a possible package deal. I'm not 100% on that but that may be where people have seen it.

OK, thanks for the update.