'10 OH QB Andrew Hendrix (Notre Dame Signee)

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
Quarterback
Cincinnati, OH; Moeller HS

Height: 6-3
Weight: 220
Forty: 4.7
Bench Max: 225
Squat Max: 385
GPA: 3.5

Ratings and Rankings
Rivals: :s::s::s::s:; Quarterback (13), Rating 5.8
Scout: :s::s::s:; Quarterback (29)
ESPN: :s::s::s::s:, #11 QB, Grade 80

Honors
Offense-Defense All-American Bowl

Statistics:
Junior: 61%; 1,700 Yards; 11 Touchdowns; 7 Interceptions

Offers:
Notre Dame
Florida (OV 1/8/10)
Ohio State
Tennessee
Miami
Wisconsin
Purdue
Stanford
Boston College
Cincinnati
Kansas
Illinois
Indiana
Louisville
Miami OH
Nebraska
Vanderbilt
Virginia

ND Recruiter: Tenuta, Powlus

Decision: 6/25 Notre Dame

Last edited:

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
Hendrix could be the biggest sleeper in this class ...

Hendrix could be the biggest sleeper in this class ...

Hendrix could be the biggest sleeper in this class not only as a powerful pocket passer, but also as a deceptively good athlete. He possesses adequate-to-good height and a solid build. Arm strength is outstanding and he is one of the few players in this class with natural downfield power and terrific wrist snap and velocity on all throws. Plays in a multiple set scheme out of the shotgun and from under center. Foot speed is good for the position and overall athleticism is very good. Gets back and set quickly in the pocket, feet are balanced and he shows poise and confidence surveying the field. ...

Much more at the LINK

Andrew Hendrix - College Football Recruiting 2010 - ESPN

nlroma1o

Reaction score
I watched this kid play Elder last fall. He def. has the potential to do some major damage with his arm. Mobility wise in the pocket... lets just say there is always room for improvement.

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
I watched this kid play Elder last fall. He def. has the potential to do some major damage with his arm. Mobility wise in the pocket... lets just say there is always room for improvement.

The ESPN evaluation seemed to like his running ability. I got the impression he would add a dimension that Jimmy Clausen doesn't have or at least hasn't shown. I assumed Hendrix was more a runner than say Brady Quinn (QB draws) who was more a runner than Clausen. How would you equate Hendrix versus Quinn and Clausen as a dual QB, soley the mobility/rushing side?

nlroma1o

Reaction score
When i watched him play Elder last fall (I forget if it was a playoff game of regualr season match up) Elders defense had him hurting. From what i remember he had a couple nice runs which were impressive bc they were plays were you make something out of nothing. But when he looked to pass he had no time and he just looked lost back in the pocket. IMO he appeared to be quicker than brady and clausen.

GOLDENISTHYTATE

Reaction score
It looks as though the staff is concerned over who genuinely is leaning towards committing to the Irish, and they are moving on from some qbs they have offered.

This qb recruitment cycle is going to be incredibly interesting to observe.

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
It looks as though the staff is concerned over who genuinely is leaning towards committing to the Irish, and they are moving on from some qbs they have offered.

This qb recruitment cycle is going to be incredibly interesting to observe.

ND and OSU both have Hendrix and Montana as their highest offers.

jason_h537

The King is Back
Reaction score
QB and WR seem interesting to me because it appears as if the staff might be worried about losing out on their top targets. The rest ofthe class should be fine with some wins but the staff wants and needs quarterbacks

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score

jason_h537

The King is Back
Reaction score
Hendrix plans on visiting NotreDame on monday per Rivals Message board. Said he got his official offer in the mail today.

"I got that golden offer letter today," he said. "It could have been the sweetest thing I have ever seen."

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
I got that golden offer letter today," he said. "It could have been the sweetest thing I have ever seen.

Talk about a pregnant sentence. Where's the "but ..."

Let me paraphrase, "I got your marriage proposal in the mail today," she said. "It could have been the sweetest thing I have ever seen ... BUT when I didn't hear from you sooner, I crawled in bed with Tressel."

I wouldn't be booking a church and honeymoon off that quote above.

Tell me there was more explaining the "could have been" part.

Like, "It could have been the sweetest thing if it arrived before Tressel slipped me his ...

Had the sentence read, "It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen in my life to date." It would be a hell of a lot more positive.

Irish52

Reaction score
ND needs to push harder to get Hendrix. I think he is the sleeper of the "10 class..along with Thomas. Playing the waiting game for Montana is foolish.

jason_h537

The King is Back
Reaction score
ND needs to push harder to get Hendrix. I think he is the sleeper of the "10 class..along with Thomas. Playing the waiting game for Montana is foolish.

Not if the staff believes they can get Montana. They may not be interested in Thomas. Hendrix should be on campus right now.

NDinL.A.

Reaction score
According to 2 different sites, Hendrix had an outstanding visit. He is very impressed w/ ND, as were his parents. Academics impressed them the most. Committing even crossed his mind, but he knew that he would never do something like that. He will commit at the earliest next week, at the latest 3-4 weeks. Ohio St, it sounds like, is the other one that will be tough to beat, with him being from Ohio and being a fan of theirs. But from the looks of it ND is in a great spot. And with schools like OSU, Miami, Tenn, etc offering, it seems like the kid is a stud, in spite of the not-so-gaudy stats.

***Imagine if he commits? That pretty much, IMO, takes Montana out of the mix. Friggin' MONTANA! Who knows if even wants to come here (he's definitely not convinced, that's for sure), but it would be nuts that a QB comes out of nowhere to take a spot that was seemingly Montana's just a month ago. Unreal.

Last edited:

jason_h537

The King is Back
Reaction score
Recruiting has really started to pick up. Ina dream sceneario we could get Amerson, Bailey, Boyd, Wood, James, and Hendrix this month. One or two would still be pretty awesome though.

Irishlew

Banned
Reaction score
According to 2 different sites, Hendrix had an outstanding visit. He is very impressed w/ ND, as were his parents. Academics impressed them the most. Committing even crossed his mind, but he knew that he would never do something like that. He will commit at the earliest next week, at the latest 3-4 weeks. Ohio St, it sounds like, is the other one that will be tough to beat, with him being from Ohio and being a fan of theirs. But from the looks of it ND is in a great spot. And with schools like OSU, Miami, Tenn, etc offering, it seems like the kid is a stud, in spite of the not-so-gaudy stats.

***Imagine if he commits? That pretty much, IMO, takes Montana out of the mix. Friggin' MONTANA! Who knows if even wants to come here (he's definitely not convinced, that's for sure), but it would be nuts that a QB comes out of nowhere to take a spot that was seemingly his just a month ago. Unreal.

yeah from what i read...he almost committed on the spot.

General Colon Bowel

Reaction score
There's an insider article on Rivals that confirms he almost committed to ND right then and there. I can't read it, but I'm assuming that it says he really enjoyed his visit to South Bend.

JeremyND07

MR.PATIENT
Reaction score
I think this years QB recruit is just a career back-up to the top QB recruit in next years class! That being said I like Hendrix as the possible sleeper of this class too!

phork

Raining On Your Parade
Reaction score
Hendrix nearly commits to Irish
Steve Hare
IrishIllustrated.com

Andrew Hendrix needed just one word to sum up his visit to Notre Dame on Monday. Fantastic. The 6-foot-3, 220-pound prospect from Cincinnati, Ohio spent the afternoon in South Bend getting a personal tour of Notre Dame.

This is the info from Rivals, the rest of course is premium info.

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
... They may not be interested in Thomas. ...

From his offer sheet or perhaps more appropriately his "lack of offers" sheet, for what ever reasons their lack of interest seems to be commonplace.

6'5", 220 completes almost 70% of his passes for over 3000 yds, almost 6:1 TD:INT ratio.

3.9 GPA/1590 SAT Harvard offered; Stanford with over 200 offers made ... didn't.

BC offers; BC selects someone else.

Thomas treks to UMD; Terps select someone else

Thomas treks to NCS; no offer.

He's a Top 25 (Pro & Dual) QB pulling down "best" offers from ASU and NW.

Thomas is out knocking on doors but few are opening.

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
#1 Priority

#1 Priority

Brian Smith at ISD makes Hendrix ND's #1 Priority Prospect. In his opinion, Hendrix is the better QB but Montana would be fine. IHO, one of these two is necessary to this class.

NDinL.A.

Reaction score
Brian Smith at ISD makes Hendrix ND's #1 Priority Prospect. In his opinion, Hendrix is the better QB but Montana would be fine. IHO, one of these two is necessary to this class.

With Montana gone to UW, it is imperative that we land Hendrix. Montana to UW combined w/ Hendrix to OSU would be disastrous. Hendrix and Massa would be great IMO...