'10 IN WR Daniel Smith (Notre Dame Signee)

SoCalDomer

Reaction score
Wide Receiver
South Bend, IN; Clay HS

Height: 6-4
Weight: 205
Forty: 4.6
Vertical: 36
Bench Max: 240
GPA: 3.6

Ratings and Rankings
Rivals: :s::s::s:
Scout: :s::s::s::s:; Wide Receivers (21)

Statistics
Junior: 51 Receptions; 1,071 Yards; 9 Touchdowns

Schools of Interest
Notre Dame (Verbal; 1/26; Rob Ianello)
Purdue
Indiana

Last edited by a moderator:

SoCalDomer

Reaction score
he visited last year for the USC game. he also camped at ND last weekend and put on a very impressive show, catching the eye of CW.

He has a sister who went to ND and she married Gerome Sapp.

SoCalDomer

Reaction score
Being close to South Bend, Daniel has been able to accept the coaches' invites to every home game so far.

It's hard to tell if he will be in the next wave of offers that go out. I suppose that will depend on the remainer of his Junior season and how the 2009 class shapes up at the WR position and the numbers overall.

SoCalDomer

Reaction score
Quiet Smith quite a catch
By AL LESAR
Tribune Columnist

SOUTH BEND — Size sets him apart. Talent gives him the edge.

Attitude makes him special.

For a 6-foot-4, 205-pound junior wide receiver phenom for the Clay High football team, Daniel Smith knows how to bite off more than a slice of humble pie.

"I'm a quiet guy," Smith said. "If you walk into a room, I won't be the first person you notice in a crowd."

According to Zach Matthews, a key defensive player for St. Joseph's, he's the first person the Indians noticed on the football field last week.

"Before every play, it'd be, 'Where's Smith? Where's Smith?'" Matthews said after the Indians' win in a wild game last Friday.

By the time St. Joe's double coverage found Smith, it was usually at the end of a pass completion. He caught five passes for about 150 yards, including a 35-yard touchdown.

free: South Bend Tribune: Quiet Smith quite a catch

88rice9

Reaction score
I saw Smith play last night against Lowell. Lowell won 49-20, but Smith looked like a great player. He showed tremendous body control, made some great catches, and was very hard to bring down. He also is a very physical receiver and very well-built for a high school junior. I found myself wondering if he might even grow into a tight end for the Irish. He is very physical.

sportallyr

Sport-all-year
Reaction score
Not sure if it's official yet, but it seems like it's gonna happen. Like what I'm reading about him. He's now listed as 6'4" 205 with 4.6 speed. Hope he's a great recruiter like the Caveman was for us last year.

WabashFalcon

Team MVP
Reaction score
I love how we get the Indiana wide receiever each year a year and change before national signing day!

JeremyND07

MR.PATIENT
Reaction score
Great start too this class and with No Golics and kickers this should be one of CW best classes yet if he can win 9-10 games!

NDinL.A.

Reaction score
Not sure if it's official yet, but it seems like it's gonna happen. Like what I'm reading about him. He's now listed as 6'4" 205 with 4.6 speed. Hope he's a great recruiter like the Caveman was for us last year.

Yeah Sporty, he is a big boy. Love it. This article says he is a great athlete that can play a multitude of positions. And it seems that right when we offered him, he announced his press conference to choose his college. Sounds like a dream come true for this kid.

South Bend Tribune: Clay's Smith expected to choose ND

adsnorri

Reaction score
He is announcing right now at Clay High School. It's definitely Notre Dame, i know this kid. He is the real deal. It's actually amazing that he has been this good because his quarterback is not very good, or the o-line. Great pick up for the Irish.

NDinL.A.

Reaction score
He is announcing right now at Clay High School. It's definitely Notre Dame, i know this kid. He is the real deal. It's actually amazing that he has been this good because his quarterback is not very good, or the o-line. Great pick up for the Irish.

Thanks for the info, and it's official, he's Irish!

(Poor kid doesn't realize that announcing this early officially drops his star rating at least one star, per rivals.com rules. LOL)

Welcome aboard!

OCIrish

Fukk Michigan
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, and it's official, he's Irish!

(Poor kid doesn't realize that announcing this early officially drops his star rating at least one star, per rivals.com rules. LOL)

Welcome aboard!

Doesn't matter when he announces, now that he's announced, he's officially outside the top 100 for next year. I'm very happy for Dan, I think he'll come in and do a great job for us. I'm not sure who posted it, but Gerome has already been working with him, since he got started in football I believe.

sportallyr

Sport-all-year
Reaction score
Welcome to the team Daniel. Now, it's time to go to work...both on and off the field. The Caveman showed us how important it is to have a local kid help us with the recruiting. I think this is a fantastic early commitment for the irish!!!!

Freeman Ara

Reaction score
I watched the video on him and he reminds me of Floyd when he was in HS. Maybe it's just me...

Mavericknyc1980

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Daniel. That Hawaii game is the beginning of our turnaround, ND will be BACK on the MAP IN A BIG WAY. LETS GO IRISHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HawaiianIrish

Imua Irish
Reaction score
Good hands, runs excellent routes. A very big target. 6-4 Smith along with 6-7 Kyle rudolph and 6-3 Mike Floyd will create fits for opposing defenses. Just imagine the endzone fad routes.

irishmarine

Reaction score
the endzone fades will be glorious but its the over the middle stuff that should really open up and then tate streaming down the sideline that what im excited for

HawaiianIrish

Imua Irish
Reaction score
the endzone fades will be glorious but its the over the middle stuff that should really open up and then tate streaming down the sideline that what im excited for

10-4 me too Sir..... Golden keeps it up he could be a legit Heisman contender