'10 HI WDE Kona Schwenke (Notre Dame Signee)

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
Kahuku, Hawaii Kahuku HS

Ht: 6-4.5
Wt: 241
40: 4.7
Bench:
Squat:
GPA:
ACT:

Stats:

Honors: Hawaii/Polynesia-Mainland Bowl

Ranking:
Rivals: :s::s::s:, # 34 WDE, Rating 5.7
Scout: :s::s::s::s:, # 33 DE
ESPN: :s::s::s:, # 61 DE, Rating 78

Offers:
Notre Dame (OV 1/29/10)
Washington

BYU (Committed 7/11; BYU pulled scholarship 1/28 due to ND OV)
Arizona
Hawaii
Oregon St
Colorado
San Diego St
Utah
UNLV
Wyoming

ND Recruiter:

Decision: Feb 3 NSD

Last edited by a moderator:

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
I like his first name, Kona. Only weighs 217 but has a 6-5 frame for Longo to groom.

Will visit ND this weekend.

ND may becoming BYU East

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
Hawaii DE Schwenke Will Visit ND This Weekend

Hawaii DE Schwenke Will Visit ND This Weekend

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="98%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=2&c=941533&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fnotredame.scout.com%2f2%2f941533.html
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff vAlign=top>

</TD><TD width=3 noWrap></TD><TD vAlign=top><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var author = escape("Jeff Baumhower");</SCRIPT>By Jeff Baumhower (Premium Article)

Jan 27

Notre Dame continues to add to their weekend visitors list, as IrishEyes has learned that defensive end Kona Schwenke from Kahuku High School (Hawaii) will make an official visit to South Bend. Schwenke will is currently committed to BYU, but has recently started to look at other options

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

lovetheirish

Reaction score
better watch all the possible commits this weekend and not have enough for the big guys ( henderson, james, furgy and/or jones. i think 2-3 of these guys are a possibility.

SoJerseyIrish

Reaction score
It probably speaks more to our chances with those guys......realistically we might get one of those kids.

So which airline will begin running the direct flight from Honolulu to South Bend? I like the Hawaii connection!!!!

vernfootball1

Reaction score
If we could get Ioane, Massa, Bourbon, Spond, Debrock, and of course Schwenke, that would be one hell of a weekend.

Big23Head

Reaction score
It probably speaks more to our chances with those guys......realistically we might get one of those kids.

So which airline will begin running the direct flight from Honolulu to South Bend? I like the Hawaii connection!!!!

And that ONE: Christian Jones please. Thank you.

HawaiianIrish

Imua Irish
Reaction score
Holy crap Kona SCHWENKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I coached against his team a few years ago. Kona is tall and lean but amazingly strong. Really explosive... With his long reach he was able to block alot of passes and FG attempts. Kona played DE for Kahuku. They ran a modified 3-4/4-3. I really thought he was a BYU lock so his visit to ND comes as a big shocker.

Kona's D end teammate Haouli JAMORA is another stud. He was the Hawaii defensive player of the year. I believe he is commited to Washington though.

GO get em Coach Kelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IrishAddiction

The wa wa wa waterboy
Reaction score
Somoan? Schwenke's got ancestors in der Fatherland.

Does that make him a Blitzkregin' Somoan?

Lol...... im an idiot. Kinda only read the first name and got excited, seen he played in the Hawaii/Polynesia-Mainland bowl, seen the Hawaii, and only read the first name. Got a little excited. Schwenke would make a good somoan name right? :)

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
Kahuku, Hawaii is on the northern tip of Oahu. About 5 or 10 miles from where the movie "South Pacific" was filmed. It's a small town less than 2.5 sq miles and 2000 people.

HawaiianIrish, I'm assuming this is a small school with not necessarily the toughest competition. Can you expound on the competition?

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
Lol...... im an idiot. Kinda only read the first name and got excited, seen he played in the Hawaii/Polynesia-Mainland bowl, seen the Hawaii, and only read the first name. Got a little excited. Schwenke would make a good somoan name right? :)

From his Scout photo, the kid looks Polynesian to me (jason will probably pounce on me for profiling).

HawaiianIrish

Imua Irish
Reaction score
Kahuku plays in the OIA Red Division (Div 1). Kahuku plays against Hawaiian power house teams such as Farrington (VJ FEHOKO) Castle, and Kailua. Each year Kahuku will play Punahou. Kahuku is stacked so they normally beat the crap out of other teams but lately the big red machines offense has been sputtering. Kahuku's Defense was one of the best in the state. Kahuku's D line was awesome, esp with Kona and Hauoi Jamora at end. Both are big time prospects.

Kahuku is a small town and the High Schools enrollment is about 1200 students. Football is everything in Kahuku. The town shuts down on game days.

Really beautiful town with a strong mormon population.

2 Notre Dame players TOMA and TEO are from that area (Laie)

FightingIrishLover7

All troll, no substance
Reaction score
If we could get Ioane, Massa, Bourbon, Spond, Debrock, and of course Schwenke, that would be one hell of a weekend.

That would be great... BUT

Adding one of the following: Matt James, J.R. Ferguson, Christian Jones, or Seantrel Henderson would be JAW DROPPING!

Kelly will hopefully pull of some late fireworks and future recruiting classes will continue to get better.

FightingIrishLover7

All troll, no substance
Reaction score
Please only talk about Kona Schwenke, this is HIS thread... if you interrupt it again we will have to censor you

You have some nerve...

I was agreeing with a previous poster who mentioned Kona already, and then I added more to it... So technically I was relevant to this thread.

So you can shut up now... Ok? Thanks!

lovetheirish

Reaction score
weis

you haven't posted anything relevent. all you are doing is annoying people. some people are here to read what people know or think about certain recruits, not what stupid stuff that your fingers type. sorry guys, just had to do it.

vernfootball1

Reaction score
You have some nerve...

I was agreeing with a previous poster who mentioned Kona already, and then I added more to it... So technically I was relevant to this thread.

So you can shut up now... Ok? Thanks!

Yes you were referring to Kona, if we could add the ones i mentioned and Matt james and possibly Henderson, Jones, or Ego that would be insane

vernfootball1

Reaction score
Your response was talking about other recruits, nothing about Kona... learn to read please, and keep threads relevant, OKAY!

Yea dude seriously, I just want to read what other people have to say, stop commenting about stuff that nobody cares about, this is Kona's thread, nobody wants to read your stuff about how someone's posts are not pertaining to this thread and you just try to piss them off.

To Hawaiian Irish: because you have seen him play, does he end up as a 3-4 de or olb

Big23Head

Reaction score
better watch all the possible commits this weekend and not have enough for the big guys ( henderson, james, furgy and/or jones. i think 2-3 of these guys are a possibility.

We have 10 open spots now if we choose to fill them all