Raines High School

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 320 lbs
Bench: 350 lbs
GPA: 2.5

</TD>
<TD vAlign=top>RANKING
Rivals: :s::s::s::s:, Defensive Tackle (7), National (92), Rating 5.9
Scout: :s::s::s::s:, Defensive Tackle (11)
ESPN: :s::s::s::s:, Defensive Tackle (8), Grade 81

STATISTICS | Defense
Junior: 50 Tck, 10 Sck

Honors:
Under Armour All-American Bowl

</TD></TD>

</TR></TBODY></TABLE>
COLLEGE CHOICES<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD width=125>School</TD><TD width=175>Interest</TD><TD width=50>Offer</TD><TD width=125>Visit</TD></TR><TR><TD>Miami</TD><TD>(decommit 12/01/2008)</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>None</TD></TR><TR><TD>Notre Dame</TD><TD>Verbal (12/01/09)</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>09/19/2009</TD></TR><TR><TD>Florida</TD><TD>None</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>None</TD></TR><TR><TD>Florida State</TD><TD>None</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>None</TD></TR><TR><TD>Louisiana State</TD><TD>None</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>None</TD></TR></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ND RECRUITER: Alford

Last edited by a moderator:

jason_h537

The King is Back
Reaction score
Says he loves Notre Dame and if he doesnt go to Miami he will be Irish. Plants to be at camp. Will flyout Sunday and stay for the camp. Florida St and Florida are also players.

IrishInFl

Back in Florida
Reaction score
UPDATE!

I asked Gene about this kid tonight, and apparently he wasn't too impressed by him. FSU has offered, but isn't trying too hard to get him. I haven't seen him play, so I can't make assessments yet.

jason_h537

The King is Back
Reaction score
I read somewhere that he takes plays off. If he puts in the effort he is a beast.

hamiljar

Reaction score
I just watched his highlights on rivals and he looks
really good to me. I don't know a lot about dline
play but he looks really quick off the ball. I think
if we got him it would be really huge.

Go Irish

The Polish Irishman

Just your hero
Reaction score
'10 FL DT Louis Nix (Miami Soft Verbal)

'10 FL DT Louis Nix (Miami Soft Verbal)

10 FL DT Louis Nix (Miami Soft Verbal)
Defensive Tackle
Raines High School (Jacksonville, FL)

Height: 6 foot-2
Weight: 320 lbs.
Forty: 5.15 secs.
Bench Max:
Squat Max: 470 lbs.
Shuttle: 4.91 secs.
Vertical: 24 in.
GPA: 2.5

jason_h537

The King is Back
Reaction score
Hey ISD is reporting some apparently good news on Nix, anyone got the word

NDinL.A.

Reaction score
Hey ISD is reporting some apparently good news on Nix, anyone got the word

We moved up with him, but still slightly behind Miami. We're also against FL and LSU. He really likes ND though, and he will take an OV.

Miami's first 4 games are vs. FSU, GT, at VT, and FL. If they go 1-3 or 0-4 in those games (could happen), and ND starts off 4-0 (also could happen), we'd be in great shape here IMO...

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
Miami verbal? Source?

CaneSports.com 11/27/08

He's been considered a soft verbal for quite some times as he has stated he wanted to take visits. He's been to UF, FSU, and ND since verballing to UM.

Z-Bo

Reaction score
Yes, but the thread was recently title-changed from (Miami Soft Verbal) to (Miami Verbal). Why?

To me that suggests Nix is officially solid with Miami. Also, I thought they had yet to even offer?

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
Yes, but the thread was recently title-changed from (Miami Soft Verbal) to (Miami Verbal). Why? To me that suggests Nix is officially solid with Miami.

Don't know. Some people don't believe in using the word "Soft". You're either committed or your not.

Regardless Nix, the one who matters, still says he's committed to Miami but he continues to look around.

Also, I thought they had yet to even offer?

Why do you think that?

Do you have a cite for him not being offered yet?

I listed the cite in my previous post. His verbal is 7 months old.

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
Nix (Miami Soft Verbal)

Nix (Miami Soft Verbal)

Thank you mods.

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
Per ESPN's J.C. Shurburtt

Tapley. Nix looking around?

Sean Tapley ESPNU150 watch list (NO ND Interest) just called to say that he and his teammate, Under Armour All-American DT Louis Nix, will be attending FSU's Showtime Camp on Saturday and UF's's Friday Night Lights camp next Saturday (July 25). Both prospects are committed to other schools -- Tapley to SCA and Nix to Miami. "I don't know about (Nix), but I am looking at all schools," Tapley said. "I think Lou is looking at all schools, too."

FSU's got some mo goin'.

NDinL.A.

Reaction score
Surprisingly, will visit ND on Sept 19 vs. MSU. Still has Miami one, ND 2 though, with new interest in Michigan...

jason_h537

The King is Back
Reaction score
Thanks for the update NDinLA. I get a good feeling about this kid. Hopefully a big season could sway him our way.

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
Jesus... this kid is more on and off than a light switch at a whore house.

The kid is checking to make certain of his verbal. He stated that months ago and claims Miami is O.K. with that. He camped at Miami, UF, and FSU.

He slid a bit in the last recruiting service rankings dropping from #9 to #12 on Rivals list of DTs.

Profile Upgraded