Colorado St
Nebraska
Stanford

Decision: 2/3/10 UCLA

Last edited:

jason_h537

The King is Back
Reaction score
Didn't even know they were recruiting him. Glad they offered, heck of an athltete

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
video interview

video interview

Scout.com: VIDEO: Interview with Josh Shirley

By Tracy Pierson Bruinonline

18 offers, lastest ND and UTN
Hybrid OLB/DE
Thinks he's stronger as a DE
Favs: UCLA, USC, ORE (no offer), UTN
Will take all visits
Important: "Academics and how they intend to use me"
Target wt: 240 - 245
GPA "about 3.3
SAT taken 1250

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
ND Trails

ND Trails

DE/OLB Josh Shirley
... USC, UCLA, UTN and a few others appear to have an edge. ...

Prister IrishIllustrated.com

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Reaction score
Possibly, we could be in that "a few others" catagory. But not being mentioned does make it seem like we are a step down from USC, UCLA, and Tenn.

IrishAddiction

The wa wa wa waterboy
Reaction score
Possibly, we could be in that "a few others" catagory. But not being mentioned does make it seem like we are a step down from USC, UCLA, and Tenn.

Your right, we are in that few others category. Recently told blueandgold.com that he "definately" wants to see ND. There is always a good chance if we get them on campus, and this kid is a freaking beast. Link below, premium required, but the top of it is self explanatory. I dont have a premium subscription either, so no i cant sum it up.

BlueandGold.com // Shirley ‘Definitely’ Wants To See ND

jason_h537

The King is Back
Reaction score
Kid can play DE and LB at the next level. Tough pull but could fill a huge need.

IRISHMAN

Reaction score
just watched his video and i was blown away by how good this kid is. has anyone heard recently about NDs recruitment with this kid, this kid would be huge to land.

NDinL.A.

Reaction score
He's set to cut his list to a top 10, and he said that ND is 'safe'. So are USC and UCLA. Also said that since he's already visited many of the west coast schools, ND should be in line to get an OV...

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
Shirley discusses Washington visit

Shirley discusses Washington visit

9/24, per Greg Biggins ESPN

Athlete Josh Shirley (Fontana, Calif./Kaiser) took an official visit to Washington last weekend and was one of the many who rushed the field after the Huskies' big upset win over USC.
"It was a pretty incredible atmosphere," Shirley said. "By the end of the game when they were driving, things were just getting crazier and crazier and then all of a sudden, we were all on the field. I was surprised by the outcome to be honest. I knew coach [Steve Sakesian] and that staff would be able to turn things around but I didn't think they would be able to do it this quickly.
"As for the rest of the trip, I had a real good time. I got along great with the players and everyone is really buying in to what the coaches are saying. They have a nice campus and the city of Seattle is pretty nice as well. I was comfortable with everyone and the coaches make you feel like part of the team already. I would say Washington is definitely high on my list and will be in it until the very end."
Heading into the trip, Shirley had the two local schools, UCLA and USC, as his co-leaders and that still appears to be the case.
"Yeah, that hasn't changed," Shirley said. "Washington was real cool, but I still like those two the most. It's close to home and I know the coaches so well. I'm going to take my other visits though although I don't have any set up at the moment.
"I still have Arizona, Tennessee, Miami and Notre Dame as the others I want to visit and then unofficial visits to Cal, USC and UCLA. I'm going to try and do a couple more during the season if I can and the rest will be after the season is over.

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Reaction score
Kid looks like a stud on film, would love to have his tenacity on defense. Looks like an uphill battle, however, he will be on campus. Always a good sign.

Big23Head

Reaction score
I had no idea we had any chance with him, maybe the Polian news hadn't reached him yet. But he says "I'm deciding between Miami, Notre Dame, Cal, Tennessee, USC and UCLA."

Anyone know more?

Big23Head

Reaction score
It said its going to be a busy January for Shirley so maybe he will ND and UT

GOLDENISTHYTATE

Reaction score
He is a big-time player, and I have heard (could be bs but it's always worth posting) that USC does not feel like he is going to stay in-state which is why they are putting the full-court press on Jordan Zumwalt, a long-time Stanford commit. I am interested to see how this plays out. The kid is athletic as hell.

jason_h537

The King is Back
Reaction score
Both Pullard and Shirley had ND on their short list because of Polian. I don't know whether Shirley will still visit but Pullard is out