SoCalDomer

Reaction score
Defensive End
Aurora Co Grandview

Height: 6-4
Weight: 240
Forty: 4.65

Ratings and Rankings
Rivals: :s::s::s::s::s:; Defensive End (2); National (16)
Scout: :s::s::s::s::s:; Defensive End (3); National (6)
ESPN: :s::s::s::s:; #111 in Top 150; Defensive End (12); Grade 81

Statistics
Junior: 115 Tackles; 40 For Loss; 4 Sacks

Offers
CAL (12/11)
Florida (OV 11/27)
Oklahoma (OV 11/14)
USC

Notre Dame (10/16)
Colorado
Georgia
Nebraska
Oregon
USC
Stanford
UCLA

Multimedia
Drills: Chris Martin

ND Recruiter: Randy Hart

Decision: 12/13 CAL; (12/1 Decommit Notre Dame; 2/4/09 verbal)

Last edited by a moderator:

SoCalDomer

Reaction score
Despite being a standout at linebacker in California, Chris apparently has very little interest in USC, which is good for alot of reasons.

His top three appear to be UCLA, Colorado and Notre Dame.

R

RecruitingJunkie24

i dont know if i'd say he has very little interest in southern cal, he just camped there and had very positive things to say about them in the articles i read

SoCalDomer

Reaction score
where that came from is an interview to a Bruin recruiting site. he said he has no interest in USC. he even went so far as to say you may hear people saying i'm interested in USC. he said don't believe them. i think that was a premium article so i can't quote it.

now, as with all things recruiting, things can change. but that was pretty explicit.

SoCalDomer

Reaction score
i went a reviewed where i read that quote and it is from BruinBlitz (rivals) so i can't quote it. But the quote was recent, stating that he anticipated that after the Rising Stars camp at USC next week people would likely say he was interested.

R

RecruitingJunkie24

i went a reviewed where i read that quote and it is from BruinBlitz (rivals) so i can't quote it. But the quote was recent, stating that he anticipated that after the Rising Stars camp at USC next week people would likely say he was interested.

hmm i can't find that article, i have a rivals subscription so if u could pm me the link that'd be great, the most recent update of his on rivals he doesn't mention notre dame as one of his top schools. instead he says stanford, southern cal, ucla, and colorado are his top schools and he'd like to see more of oregon

SoCalDomer

Reaction score
it was an update from Rich Kimbrel on BruinBlitz, around June 20.

one thing i'm cognizant of is that recruits change their minds... sometimes often, and it's also important to keep in mind things they say certain recruiting reports may be the recruit playing the game. (i.e. hinting he is still wide open to make sure the coaches recruit hard, and not giving away any favorites so his school of choice doesn't slow play them for an offer.)

Last edited:

SoCalDomer

Reaction score
This is from an article after he attended the USC camp last week. The statements are not contradictory to prior reports that he had no interest in USC, since it's possible to be flattered but still not be interested. But it is also possible there is slanted writing by either the Bruin recruiting guy or the USC recruiting guy or both. Or the kid is playing the recruiting game. With recruiting, very little is certain.

Martin, who knew he had a scholarship offer waiting for him before the camp started, came down a day early to talk with the Pete Carroll and the USC coaches.

“It was flattering to be there with the guy that you see on TV, who is always fired up on the field, and now you are in his office sitting with him and he is offering you a scholarship to go to his school,” Martin said of Pete Carroll.

“I am very proud of myself and what I accomplished at the camp and it is always good to leave there with an offer from USC.”

more (free): Scout.com: Martin Proves Himself at Rising Stars Camp

SoCalDomer

Reaction score
since he has an offer from USC, i went ahead and added them as a school of interest. whether he's interested we may never fully know.

SoCalDomer

Reaction score
back in June he listed ND with two other schools (UCLA and Colorado) as his favorites. But it is so early and he hasn't received all the offers he is going to receive. so it's hard to say whether that will remain true.

irishmarine

Reaction score
well if we are there from the beginning and we stay on him and have him out for a visit i think we have a good shot

OCIrish

Fukk Michigan
Reaction score
Yeah, if we can get him on campus for a visit, we'll have, I think, as good a shot as anybody else.

irishmarine

Reaction score
thats the case with any recruit though, if they see the campus on a game day then we have a great shot

SoCalDomer

Reaction score
More info coming out that Martin grew up in a ND home (think back to the movie Rudy "there's only one team we watch in this house") since his father grew up just a short distance from Indianapolis.

Martin may be visiting South Bend unofficially soon. He looks to be high on the coaching staff's list for 2010.

irishmarine

Reaction score
i like this kid more and more. anybody who tells californians to shut thier mouths when bashing the irish is good with me.

GoIrish41

Paterfamilius
Reaction score
possible insane recruiting class in 2010

Martin - lifelong ND fan with ties to Indiana
Smith - South Bend WR with ties to ND
Lombard - ND lean
Henderson - Former Floyd teammate and ND lean
Barr-ND ties and ND Lean
Carter-ND Lean
Fierowitz-ND lean
Martin-ND lean
Ian Gray-ND ties and ND lean

That's just 9 guys I can think of off the top of my head. You guys might know more that I'm not thinking of. But, these fellows would make the corp of an uber class. ND has a nice season with 8 or 9 wins, and I think it convinces these 9 to pick ND and after that, we have room for 10 or 12 more who want to climb on the NC bandwagon. 2010 could just be a sick recruiting season.

IrishinTN

Reaction score
Think you listed Martin twice. Did you mean to list Hurst? That may be the only one you missed.

IrishinTN

Reaction score
You may be thinking of Barr or Tailor Jones, both sons of ex-Irish.

daytonirish

Ian Williams 4 Heisman
Reaction score
Not a legacy, but have heard that his dad is from the Indy area. And on Saturday afternoons would only put the t.v. on NBC and Notre Dame football. Also folks are saying he sticks up for the Irish when folks talk about the 3 cali teams in the pac-10. Don't think anyone would argue with him.

irishmarine

Reaction score
totally agree hater. they seemed determined to get back the glory days of years past but still keeping the value of people at the highest level. in a world of college football where coaches bring in shady characters who can run fast this staff finds the kids who are fast and of good moral character. congrats to the staff and players for continuing the tradition of high quality people not just players

irishmarine

Reaction score
while it seems like there are alot of schools going after this kid it still seems we are in the front, but other schools may be closing fast