'10 CA LB Tony Jefferson (Oklahoma Verbal)

Irishlew

Banned
Reaction score
Outside linebacker
Chula Vista (CA) Eastlake

Ht: 6-0
Wt: 195
Forty: 4.5
BP: 255
Squat: 455
Vertical: 28
GPA: 3.0
Test: 1400 (3 part)

Rating:
Rivals: :s::s::s::s:; #4 Safety; Rating 5.9
Scout: :s::s::s::s:; #6 OLB
ESPN: :s::s::s::s::s:; #10 ATH; Grade 85

Stat:
'07: 77 tackles and 3 ints
'08: 88 tackles and 2 ints

Offers:
Oklahoma (OV 10/31)
Michigan (OV 11/20)
Southern Cal (OV 11/28)
UCLA (decommit 11/29/09; commits 7/29/09)

Arizona (OV 11/26)
Florida
Miami
Georgia
Notre Dame
Oregon
Oregon State
Penn State
San Diego State
Stanford (decommit 1/29/09; commit 9/6/08)
Tennessee
Fresno State

ND Recruiter: Polian

Decision: 12/18/09 Oklahoma

Last edited by a moderator:

Irishlew

Banned
Reaction score
from ESPN...

• Linebacker Tony Jefferson, from Chula Vista (Calif.) Eastlake, recently de-committed from Stanford but still lists the Cardinal among his favorites. Watch out for Florida and Notre Dame, as Jefferson is thinking more and more about getting out of state.

NDinL.A.

Reaction score
Good news on him. New article from Scout has him down to his last 5:

USC, UCLA, ND, Oklahoma and Florida.

However, the top 3 are ND, USC, and UCLA.

Subscription article so I'm not allowed to quote it...

Last edited:

Irishlew

Banned
Reaction score
Good news on him. New article from Scout has him down to his last 5:

USC, UCLA, ND, Oklahoma and Florida.

However, the top 3 are ND, USC, and UCLA.

Insider article so I can't quote it...

i liked the results the last time we were pitted against USC and UCLA

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
And he says he wants to go to school out of state. As far as I can tell in his top 3, we are the only out of state

Clausen2Kamara

Tenuta Time!!!
Reaction score
He would be a huge get. Our LB corps depth would be crazy if he came. I always say u need 2 recruit at least 3 LB's every year. They are so vital to our success.

NDinL.A.

Reaction score
Yeah, the article says that USC is in the lead. ND doesn't even get a mention. He loves the intensity and non-stop energy of the USC practices and their coaches. Doesn't look like we even have a shot at him, the way he was talking...

NDinL.A.

Reaction score
Well, every time this kid is interviewed, he gives a different top 5. The good news is, in his latest interview ND made his top 5. The bad news is USC is always in his top 5, and he's seemingly a U$C lock. He was at their spring game, and here's what he had to say:

“It’s real intense. The fans are amazing, but that’s what I expect from USC. The coaches’ bonding with the players is impressive. I was impressed with Taylor Mays of course. I like how he plays; he runs through people and is really fast. Matt Barkley is doing really well as a true freshman.”

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Reaction score
Well, every time this kid is interviewed, he gives a different top 5. The good news is, in his latest interview ND made his top 5. The bad news is USC is always in his top 5, and he's seemingly a U$C lock. He was at their spring game, and here's what he had to say:

any link? or who else is in his top 5?

jason_h537

The King is Back
Reaction score
When he originally decommited from Stanford, i thought the Irish had a great shot. He seemed to be high on education and ND were quick to jump on him but USC seems to be the constant with him. Oh well it is still early.

jason_h537

The King is Back
Reaction score
Ok Rivals says Jefferson has new top 5 and Notre Dame is in itafter he talked to Polian and Weis. Dont get too excited however, this kids top five seems to change every month.

vinnymac2402

Reaction score
Just remeber everyone said Teo was going to the condoms but where did he commit again. Oh yea Notre Dame

NDinL.A.

Reaction score
HOW DO YOU KNOW??!?!??!?! We don't know. The pessimism here runs crazy wild some times..... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easy there, big fella. He said it was only his opinion. We all have our opinions, and the good opinions are based on knowledge. He didn't say that Jefferson was a LOCK, period, which is what other posters have said about other players.

And actually, his opinion is not a horrible one that he just got out of midair. The truth is that USC has been on all 458 of his different top 5's, and he always says USC first. Now, they were said to have been recruiting him as a safety before, but I'm not sure if that's true. If so, why would he go there and be safety number 5??? Then again, why did all those safeties go there last year?

I see your point though, and really, nobody knows where's he's going. I think it's safe to say that USC stands a very good chance though. But this kid changes his mind so much it's pretty crazy. I mean, check out this quote from an article a couple weeks back:

Tony Jefferson is done with announcing a top-five. The standout safety from Eastlake High in Chula Vista, Calif., has too many great scholarship offers to evaluate.

For the past couple months, the 6-foot, 195-pound Jefferson’s top five was changing like the weather. Notre Dame was one of the schools bouncing in and out of Jefferson’s list of favorites.

And now, he already has a top 5 again, LOL. Hey, I like the kid and I hope he chooses us, but i won't be sure until he signs on someone's dotted line...

Rizzophil

Reaction score
Easy there, big fella. He said it was only his opinion. We all have our opinions, and the good opinions are based on knowledge. He didn't say that Jefferson was a LOCK, period, which is what other posters have said about other players.

And actually, his opinion is not a horrible one that he just got out of midair. The truth is that USC has been on all 458 of his different top 5's, and he always says USC first. Now, they were said to have been recruiting him as a safety before, but I'm not sure if that's true. If so, why would he go there and be safety number 5??? Then again, why did all those safeties go there last year?

I see your point though, and really, nobody knows where's he's going. I think it's safe to say that USC stands a very good chance though. But this kid changes his mind so much it's pretty crazy. I mean, check out this quote from an article a couple weeks back:

And now, he already has a top 5 again, LOL. Hey, I like the kid and I hope he chooses us, but i won't be sure until he signs on someone's dotted line...

Thanks NDinLA. I agree with everything you wrote.

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
Ok Rivals says Jefferson has new top 5 and Notre Dame is in itafter he talked to Polian and Weis. Dont get too excited however, this kids top five seems to change every month.

So who's in the Top 5 du jour and who dropped out?

Anybody?

Irishlew

Banned
Reaction score

He told Rivals he doesn't have a top 5 anymore

jason_h537

The King is Back
Reaction score
as long we get a visit.

also the Irish want him at safety

Last edited:

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6/2 Biggins ESPN reports. Jefferson will take all visits and announce at the USA All-American Game. He'll graduate early and enroll early (EE).[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]... said he's being recruited strictly as a safety. ...[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]"I want to take all my trips and I have two schools that are locked in right now. I haven't set any dates yet, but I know I'm going to visit Penn State and Notre Dame. I like both schools a lot and I like what I'm hearing from the coaching staffs there. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]USC is still really high on my list ...[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]He and teammates Dillon Baxter (USC verbal), and Kenny Stills (USC offer), and RB Brennan Clay (NO USC offer) are considering playing there together.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]...That doesn't mean I'm locked in for USC. This is going to be a really hard decision for me. I wish it was easier, but it's going to be hard and I like a lot of schools right now. Oklahoma, Georgia, Texas, UCLA and a few others are on my list ...[/FONT]
[/FONT]

jason_h537

The King is Back
Reaction score
The one constant in this kids recruitment since decommiting from Stanford has been USC

Rocket's Rocket Fan

Reaction score
BGIF said:
He and teammates Dillon Baxter (USC verbal), and Kenny Stills (USC offer), and RB Brennan Clay (NO USC offer) are considering playing there together.

Forget playing with them come to ND and play against them and beat them!