Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 10-17-2020, 05:53 PM   #1
Who'saWildManNow
Bald Prick

Cash: 21,328,179.72
Bank: 76,178,362,358,483.69
Total Bankroll: 76,178,383,686,663.41
Donate
Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees New York Knicks New York Giants New York Islanders Buffalo Liverpool

The Measuring Stick

This thread is simple & instead of acting butt hurt give it your honest opinion.. whats in your heart?

After our NC pounding BK said there was a gap he needed to fill... there was another level of football we needed to reach.

Are we any more talented or better prepared than the 42-14 Bama or 30-3 Clemson losses.

I love what BK has done but Im beginning to come to grips, after decades of deflection, that we at Notre Dame have a ceiling. A ceiling that just wont reach the heights of todays top teams.

Were right there.. on the cusp.. we beat up the bad teams, most of the time.. and then we lay these games out there... moreso than the elite teams do.

I do think a franchise QB would give us our best shot but Kelly has simply NEVER had one.

Im not an angry fan but im also done making excuses.
Who'saWildManNow is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 10-17-2020, 06:01 PM   #2
fightingirish26
Koon Lite

Cash: 50,000,068,862.27
Bank: 102,906,048,973,703.75
Total Bankroll: 102,956,049,042,566.02
Donate
fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Philadelphia Flyers Notre Dame Manchester City USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who'saWildManNow View Post
This thread is simple & instead of acting butt hurt give it your honest opinion.. whats in your heart?

After our NC pounding BK said there was a gap he needed to fill... there was another level of football we needed to reach.

Are we any more talented or better prepared than the 42-14 Bama or 30-3 Clemson losses.

I love what BK has done but Im beginning to come to grips, after decades of deflection, that we at Notre Dame have a ceiling. A ceiling that just wont reach the heights of todays top teams.

Were right there.. on the cusp.. we beat up the bad teams, most of the time.. and then we lay these games out there... moreso than the elite teams do.

I do think a franchise QB would give us our best shot but Kelly has simply NEVER had one.

Im not an angry fan but im also done making excuses.
I think you said it towards the end. We have never had that guy at QB under Kelly.
fightingirish26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:04 PM   #3
Wingman Ray
AD in waiting

Cash: 7,468.38
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 7,468.38
Donate
Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingirish26 View Post
I think you said it towards the end. We have never had that guy at QB under Kelly.
And it is 100% on Kelly. Auburn, frickin Auburn gets an elite, NFL caliber QB and rocks the game. Texas A&M. Texas. Yet ND cant get anyone to produce. All on BK here.
Wingman Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:14 PM   #4
Cackalacky2.0
Community Moderator

Cash: 99,900,000,012,178.55
Bank: 1,447,754,368,252,650.50
Total Bankroll: 1,547,654,368,264,829.00
Donate
Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!

I was calling for BK to be gone a long time ago. I was pretty loud about it. Seeing what we have on the field now and the depth and the S&C improvements.... and keeping in mind these are kids in school and not paid pros,.... I am happy. 24-3 over last three years, elite OL, elite TEs and a consistent and vastly improved defense.... I’m ok with where we are at now. I can’t expect a NC every year but I do enjoy being in the top ten and being in the conversation as an elite team recently.
Cackalacky2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:20 PM   #5
pumpdog20
Senior

Cash: 10,703.10
Bank: 12,429,221,578,379,262.00
Total Bankroll: 12,429,221,578,389,966.00
Donate
pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago White Sox Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Iowa

This team is a better QB away from being elite, I think. BK has struck out mightily that regards. Either his evaluation or development needs to improve.
pumpdog20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:36 PM   #6
tussin
I hate freedom

Cash: 127,530.23
Bank: 97,000,407,610,359,234,560.00
Total Bankroll: 97,000,407,610,359,365,632.00
Donate
tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Philadelphia 76ers Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers Bucknell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
I was calling for BK to be gone a long time ago. I was pretty loud about it. Seeing what we have on the field now and the depth and the S&C improvements.... and keeping in mind these are kids in school and not paid pros,.... I am happy. 24-3 over last three years, elite OL, elite TEs and a consistent and vastly improved defense.... Im ok with where we are at now. I cant expect a NC every year but I do enjoy being in the top ten and being in the conversation as an elite team recently.
This is where Im at. Its easy to complain about Book but we have a great program (although boring to watch at times). I think next year and especially the year after, our Buchner offense will be very dynamic and we will have a championship contending team. BK is doing an impressive job recruiting the skill positions over the past 2 classes... we are a QB away.
tussin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:40 PM   #7
Who'saWildManNow
Bald Prick

Cash: 21,328,179.72
Bank: 76,178,362,358,483.69
Total Bankroll: 76,178,383,686,663.41
Donate
Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees New York Knicks New York Giants New York Islanders Buffalo Liverpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpdog20 View Post
This team is a better QB away from being elite, I think. BK has struck out mightily that regards. Either his evaluation or development needs to improve.
And that might just be it.. our D appears to be able to handle the competition it should but the offense is just so inconsistent.

I just see another year of hitting our head on the elite ceiling.,

Which is a luxury to complain about and i realize that.
Who'saWildManNow is offline   Reply With Quote