Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football Recruiting > 2020 Recruiting Profiles
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:38 PM   #1
NDCrusader
Legend

Cash: 101,022,015,856.52
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 101,022,015,856.52
Donate
NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!

'20 MI OT Grant Toutant (Ohio St Verbal)

Offensive Tackle
Warren, MI
De La Salle Collegiate

Measurements:
6-7

Rankings:
247 Comp ..... NR
247 ............... 3* ..... #51 OT ..... #498 OA ..... 85
Rivals ............ NR
ESPN ............. NR

Offers:
Duke
Penn St
Pitt
Wiscy
Toledo
Indiana St

Media Links:

Twitter = https://twitter.com/toutant_grant

Hudl = https://www.hudl.com/profile/9427838/Grant-Toutant

Highlights:

Last edited by NDCrusader; 06-20-2019 at 12:36 PM..
NDCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 10-17-2018, 10:39 PM   #2
NDCrusader
Legend

Donate
NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!

Planning on visiting over the bye week

Catholic w/ a 3.5 GPA

Dad's an MSU alum. Was a gymnast for most of his childhood

Received a Wiscy offer over the weekend and a PSU offer an hour ago.

FREEBIE:

https://www.maizenbrew.com/michigan-...chigans-energy

Quote:
Only a few weeks ago, 2020 3-star offensive tackle Grant Toutant had never visited Michigan before. Now Toutant is coming off his second game at the Big House and is more impressed.

I recently talked with the Warren De La Salle lineman about his visit for the Wisconsin game and his plans for his recruitment going forward.

Safe to say, the Wisconsin experience was a little different than the one against Western Michigan, which was Toutant’s first visit.

“It went good, a lot more people than the last time. The game itself was probably my favorite part. The energy of the stadium and fans,” Toutant said.

The 6-foot-6, 280-pound tackle was also impressed with how Michigan played, especially on the offensive line.

“I think the O-line did very (well) if you look at the rushing yards that Michigan had, none of that would’ve been possible if the O-line did not have a good performance. And they kept the pocket clean on passes while completing about 75 percent of their passes. Overall, they just shut down Wisconsin’s D-line,” he said.

Besides the atmosphere and performance by Michigan, something else made Toutant’s visit special, a scholarship offer from Wisconsin. Toutant, who before Saturday only had offers from Toledo and Indiana State, called the offer “amazing and completely unexpected.”

Unfortunately, he didn’t receive one from the Wolverines, but he didn’t have much of an opportunity to talk with the coaches before game time. He had to arrive late because of a team breakfast and walk-through in the morning.

“I really didn’t get a chance to talk to anyone,” Toutant explained. “It was a really busy atmosphere compared to my last visit. Said a brief ‘hi’ to (offensive line) coach (Ed) Warinner,” he said.

It was a clever move by Wisconsin to offer the junior while he was visiting Michigan. We all know by now if Wisconsin wants a lineman, he’s probably special. I expect Michigan to follow up with an offer soon once they get a chance to talk with Toutant longer.

Besides Michigan, Toutant is hoping to get offers from several other schools. He broke down what he liked about each school.

“That’s tough, growing up here obviously Michigan State — my dad is an alumni,” Toutant said. “Notre Dame because of it’s Catholic heritage; that’s something that is very important to me. Iowa, being it’s another strong offensive team. Northwestern being it is a technical school and I want to go into mechanical engineering, and Penn State for the consistent offense and high academic support.”

He had plenty of good things to say about all those other schools, so I had to see what he specifically liked about Michigan. His answer did not disappoint.

“Probably coach (Jim) Harbaugh, the way he interacts with his players,” he said. “The first time I met him I was at a camp Michigan was at. He came right up to me and just started working with me and running the drill I was in like it was no big deal. The couple times I have talked with him he just seems real.”

After his two trips to Ann Arbor, Toutant has more visits planned. He’s going to be at Penn State Oct. 27, Wisconsin the next week and Iowa the week after that. He’s also trying to get to Notre Dame during the week to see practice.

As for when he thinks he’ll commit, Toutant says it’s “too far away right now,” but he’s not worried.

“Still have to finish this season and I have all of next year. I have to see what it all brings. I keep getting bigger, stronger and improving my skills. When the time is right I think I’ll just know,” Toutant said.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:04 PM   #3
Irish YJ
Cannonball Coming

Cash: 675,648,186,347,143.12
Bank: 1,181,740,252,442,482,688.00
Total Bankroll: 1,182,415,900,628,829,952.00
Donate
Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Indiana Germany

Big boy. Wonder if he followed in his dad in gymnastics at all lol.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:00 PM   #4
ab2cmiller
Troublemaker in training

Cash: 853,736.51
Total Bankroll: 853,736.51
Donate
ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Evidently didn't visit during the bye week, but it looks like he rescheduled for the FSU game
https://usatodayhss.com/2018/numerou...-grant-toutant

Quote:
Grant Toutant talks to the Michigan staff often.

He also talks to the Michigan State staff often.

“I probably talk to Michigan a little more than Michigan State,” said the Warren De La Salle offensive tackle on Monday night.

While the conversations haven’t yet led to an offer, other schools are lining up for the 6-foot-7, 295-pound junior.

“They told me they take a little more time with offensive lineman,” Toutant said of the non-U-M and MSU offer.

In the last month, Toutant has received offers from Penn State, Wisconsin, Pittsburgh and Toledo. On Monday night, Duke offered. Indiana State offered during the summer.

“The Duke offensive line coach (Jim Bridge) watched my film and called me last night and offered,” Toutant said Tuesday.

247Sports has him ranked as a 3-star prospect, the 40th-best guard in the class of 2020 and the ninth-best recruit in Michigan.

“Grant improved his game a lot between his sophomore and junior season,” said Allen Trieu, Midwest recruiting analyst for 247Sports. “He has played very well this year and when you combine that with his physical attributes, size and athleticism…That is why he is seeing his recruiting attention rise sharply.”

The Power 5 schools are getting in line.

“I’m going to Penn State this weekend,” Toutant said. “On Nov. 3, I’m going to Wisconsin and Nov. 24th I’m probably going to end up going to Duke.”

He also has a visit lined up to Notre Dame on Nov. 10. The Fighting Irish haven’t offered
ab2cmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:33 AM   #5
NDCrusader
Legend

Donate

247's ND guys started following him this morning.

247 also gave him a healthy bump in R&R:

10-17 ..... 247 ..... 3* ..... #51 OT ..... #498 OA ..... 85

11-7 ....... 247 ..... 3* ..... #40 OT ..... #308 OA ..... 88

Getting PSU, Wiscy, Duke & Pitt offers in a month will do that.

Updated Junior film shows he's worth the interest.

Visiting for FSU

Old 11-07-2018, 08:49 AM   #6
NDIrish88
Sophomore

Cash: 12,658.00
Total Bankroll: 12,658.00
Donate
NDIrish88 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDIrish88 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDIrish88 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDIrish88 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDIrish88 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDIrish88 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDIrish88 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDIrish88 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDIrish88 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDIrish88 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDIrish88 should be giving advice to Kelly!

His size screams RT but he plays like a guard. His footwork, specifically the kick step, needs work. Other than that I think that is all he needs work on. Solid player, has good hands, and holds blocks well. Looks great in the run game. Probably better pass pro at guard though.
NDIrish88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:01 AM   #7
NDCrusader
Legend

Donate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDIrish88 View Post
His size screams RT but he plays like a guard. His footwork, specifically the kick step, needs work. Other than that I think that is all he needs work on. Solid player, has good hands, and holds blocks well. Looks great in the run game. Probably better pass pro at guard though.
Agree. He fits into that Carroll and Olmstead class of HS OT that eventually slide inside because you have a prototype RT... but... If you don't, one of them will work just fine on the end.