Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:44 PM   #1
NDCrusader
Legend

Cash: 2,000,000,101,023,327,488.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 2,000,000,101,023,327,488.00
Donate
NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!

Chip Long - Offensive Coordinator

Welcome aboard Coach.

Is it a home run? I don't know. It allows BK to keep control of the O bringing in an OC with just one season of experience. I was expecting an OC/QB coach. This makes the next offensive hire interesting. You got Ron Powlus upstairs to help with QB's still, right?

Anyways, the one thing I think getting blown out of proportion here is Long being dubbed a great recruiter. I've looked over his record and it's ok. His biggest victory was keeping N'Keal Henry home for ASU vs SC but SC was down number one and secondly, I remember hearing he had personal reasons to stay in AZ, (family, girlfriend, baby, something)

QB Brady White was a better get. He pulled him out of a loaded Cali class where there was a surplus and all the PAC schools got a high 4 or 5 star QB. What now becomes interesting is Long's relationship with Brady's younger brother, Brevin. He's a solid 4 pro qb in the Class of '18 at Chaminade Catholic and ND was an early favorite for him. He's somewhere between #5 and #10 QB's in the country. A nice back up connection if anything happens with you know who from Pine-Richlands HS. Also, if I remember correctly... the White brothers' sister goes to ND.

He had a few other nice gets but it's not like guys who really rake. But having that ND on your chest instead of ASU or M gives you a different caliber bullet in a recruits living room.

I'll predict that Polian and Long will have no drop off on the West coast compared to Denbrock and Sanford. That's important too because ND has some traction in '18 in Cali and hopefully Long can do a better job in AZ. Phoenix metro football is for real and ND has really done a poor job here.

Last thing. I picked over the bones of the Memphis list and came up with one maybe. It's not as fun as picking over WF's list... not the same level of student athlete obviously. But came up with one WR that is along the lines of what we are looking at to fill out the class:

3 star Nick Robinson of OK. He's 6-3, 205. 247 rates him an 88 and the #63 WR in the country.

Nick Robinson, Putnam City West, Wide Receiver

He's still uncommitted and CB's favor Memphis over OU who probably won't have room for him.

NDCrusader is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 12-30-2016, 06:34 PM   #2
Irish YJ
Cannonball Coming

Cash: 475,648,186,473,498.19
Bank: 5,535,611,782,618,633,216.00
Total Bankroll: 5,536,087,430,805,106,688.00
Donate
Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Indiana Germany

University of Memphis Athletics - Staff Directory

Quote:
Chip Long is in his first season on the Memphis coaching staff in 2016 and serves as the program’s offensive coordinator and tight ends coach.

Long, widely considered one of the nation’s top recruiters, worked closely with Mike Norvell at Arizona State from 2012-15. During that time, the Sun Devils averaged 37 points a game, finished with consecutive 10-win seasons (2013, 2014) and won the 2013 Pac-12 South crown.

“Chip Long is, without a doubt, one of the brightest young offensive minds in the country,” Norvell said. “Coach Long and I have coached together the last four years at Arizona State, where Chip was our recruiting coordinator and tight ends coach.

“He’s going to direct an aggressive, ‘attack-style’ offense that will showcase our playmakers in every aspect of the game. He has been nationally recognized over the last four years as one of country’s top recruiters. Coach Long is originally from Birmingham, Alabama, and has great ties to the region. He has coached in the SEC, Big East, Big Ten, as well as the Pac-12 and is a dynamic addition to our staff. We are extremely excited about Chip and his wife, Karissa, joining us at the University of Memphis.”

During his career, Long has coached at Arizona State, Illinois, Arkansas and Louisville. Three times in his career, Long played an integral role in developing an offense that finished among the nation’s top-10 in scoring offense. Furthermore, a Long-associated offense was ranked among the nation’s top-20 in scoring offense in six of his 10 seasons as a collegiate coach. In four seasons at Arizona State, the Sun Devils scored 50 or more points in 14 games.

Long was recognized as one of the country’s top-25 recruiters by Rivals and 247Sports in 2015. From 2012-14, Rivals listed Long as one of the top recruiters in the Pac-12. He served as the lead recruiter for wide receiver Jaelen Strong, who earned 2014 ESPN All-America first team accolades and was a 2015 NFL Draft third-round selection by the Houston Texans.

Long also mentored All-SEC first team tight end D.J. Williams (Arkansas), All-Pac 12 first team tight end Chris Coyle (Arizona State) and All-America first team fullback Jay Prosch (Illinois).

At Arizona State, Long served as the tight ends coach/recruiting coordinator from 2012-15. He also coached the Sun Devils running backs in 2015. In his four seasons in Tempe, Ariz., the Sun Devils tallied a 34-19 record and earned two top-25 finishes in the national polls (2013: No. 21 AP/No. 20 coaches; 2014: No. 12 AP/No. 14 coaches). Long also was a part of major victories over Southern Cal (twice), UCLA (twice), Stanford, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Duke, Utah (three times) and Arizona (three times).

Prior to Arizona State, Long served as tight ends/fullbacks coach at Illinois under Ron Zook for two seasons (2010-11).

From 2008-09, Long coached the tight ends as an offensive graduate assistant under Arkansas head coach Bobby Petrino. Long coached tight end D.J. Williams, who became the first Razorback to win the John Mackey Award. Williams was honored with the 2010 Mackey Award as the nation’s most outstanding tight end.

Before Arkansas, Long was a member of Petrino’s Louisville staff as an offensive graduate assistant from 2006-07. The 2006 Cardinals squad posted a 12-1 overall record and a 6-1 BIG EAST mark. Louisville won the BIG EAST title and earned a spot in the 2007 Orange Bowl, where it posted a 24-13 victory over No. 15 Wake Forest. The Cardinals were ranked No. 5 (AP)/No. 6 (coaches) in the final national polls.

Long earned his bachelor’s degree in history with minors in psychology and business administration from the University of North Alabama. Long, a wide receiver/tight end for the Lions from 2002-05, earned 2005 All-America first team and All-Gulf South Conference (GSC) first team honors. In 2010, Long was named to the GSC All-Decade Team at tight end.

Long and his wife, Kari, welcomed daughter Lyla in June of 2016.
Irish YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:38 PM   #3
dwshade
Banned

Cash: 33,759.99
Total Bankroll: 33,759.99
Donate
dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!

Solid choice. Strong recruiter as noted by both Rivals and 247. Grad asst. under Petrino at both Louisville and Arkansas so he learned offensive football from a great offensive mind. From Birmingham and worked out west so good contacts in different areas of country.
dwshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:41 PM   #4
Wingman Ray
AD in waiting

Cash: 197.34
Total Bankroll: 197.34
Donate
Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!

So not impressed. I'm guessing every OC with experience turned BK down?
Wingman Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:42 PM   #5
GATTACA!
It's about to get gross

Cash: 70,060,200,693,404.84
Bank: 245,302,088,843,803,525,120.00
Total Bankroll: 245,302,158,904,004,214,784.00
Donate
GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers Cleveland Browns New Jersey Devils Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDCrusader View Post
Welcome aboard Coach.

Is it a home run? I don't know. It allows BK to keep control of the O bringing in an OC with just one season of experience. I was expecting an OC/QB coach. This makes the next offensive hire interesting. You got Ron Powlus upstairs to help with QB's still, right?

Anyways, the one thing I think getting blown out of proportion here is Long being dubbed a great recruiter. I've looked over his record and it's ok. His biggest victory was keeping N'Keal Henry home for ASU vs SC but SC was down number one and secondly, I remember hearing he had personal reasons to stay in AZ, (family, girlfriend, baby, something)

QB Brady White was a better get. He pulled him out of a loaded Cali class where there was a surplus and all the PAC schools got a high 4 or 5 star QB. What now becomes interesting is Long's relationship with Brady's younger brother, Brevin. He's a solid 4 pro qb in the Class of '18 at Chaminade Catholic and ND was an early favorite for him. He's somewhere between #5 and #10 QB's in the country. A nice back up connection if anything happens with you know who from Pine-Richlands HS. Also, if I remember correctly... the White brothers' sister goes to ND.

He had a few other nice gets but it's not like guys who really rake. But having that ND on your chest instead of ASU or M gives you a different caliber bullet in a recruits living room.

I'll predict that Polian and Long will have no drop off on the West coast compared to Denbrock and Sanford. That's important too because ND has some traction in '18 in Cali and hopefully Long can do a better job in AZ. Phoenix metro football is for real and ND has really done a poor job here.

Last thing. I picked over the bones of the Memphis list and came up with one maybe. It's not as fun as picking over WF's list... not the same level of student athlete obviously. But came up with one WR that is along the lines of what we are looking at to fill out the class:

3 star Nick Robinson of OK. He's 6-3, 205. 247 rates him an 88 and the #63 WR in the country.

Nick Robinson, Putnam City West, Wide Receiver

He's still uncommitted and CB's favor Memphis over OU who probably won't have room for him.

That kid looks slow af
GATTACA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:43 PM   #6
Irish YJ
Cannonball Coming

Cash: 475,648,186,473,498.19
Bank: 5,535,611,782,618,633,216.00
Total Bankroll: 5,536,087,430,805,106,688.00
Donate
Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Indiana Germany

I'm just happy he likes using the TE position.
Irish YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:47 PM   #7
dwshade
Banned

Cash: 33,759.99
Total Bankroll: 33,759.99
Donate
dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman Ray View Post
So not impressed. I'm guessing every OC with experience turned BK down?
Never impressed with anything you post so I'm convinced it's a very good hire.
dwshade is offline   Reply With Quote