Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:51 PM   #1
ulukinatme
Holtz/Triumph in 2016!

Cash: 284,115.66
Bank: 10,516,401,397,746,706,432.00
Total Bankroll: 10,516,401,397,746,991,104.00
Donate
ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

The Irish Envy Dad Thread

Not sure if there's a thread like this out there already. Thought it would be a good repository for funny stories, advice for first timers, or just cool shit your kids did. For the purposes of this thread, Quinntastic is allowed to contribute.

So, I've got 3 kids. My oldest, Olivia, just started Kindergarten a few days ago. She's usually kinda shy, but I guess she's been doing well adjusting to the change. My 2nd child, Landon, is Autistic and Olivia has come to understand that he "has a different brain" than herself and my youngest boy. She doesn't have a close relationship with Landon like most siblings would have, but she understands he needs to be left alone at times and knows how to help when he's having sensory issues.

So, on her 3rd day of Kindergarten today we got a text from Olivia's teacher. I guess there's another Autistic child in her class. The teacher said my daughter has been awesome with this little girl in helping calm her down and being friendly. Just really cool to get a message like that, especially since we didn't know how she would take to Kindergarten having not been through the Preschool experience, and she doesn't really bond quite as well with Landon like she does my youngest. We know there's a good chance she'll have to be the one to help take care of Landon when we're gone someday, so that gives me some hope she'll do well.

Feel free to add any old stories or ask questions if you're just starting this jouney!
ulukinatme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 08-18-2016, 06:54 PM   #2
ulukinatme
Holtz/Triumph in 2016!

Donate
ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Also, here's a picture of my youngest, Philip...future ND TE (Projected to be 6'6" or more, he's already got good hands) and probably will be the subject of a University mischief investigation at some point. To say he's trouble is an understatement. It's the hair.

Last edited by ulukinatme; 02-21-2017 at 04:44 PM..
Old 08-18-2016, 07:00 PM   #3
tussin
I hate freedom

Cash: 101,038.43
Bank: 6,694,996,763,208,020,992.00
Total Bankroll: 6,694,996,763,208,122,368.00
Donate
tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Philadelphia 76ers Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers Bucknell

That kid just looks like a hellraiser.
tussin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:35 PM   #4
ACamp1900
Mr. Congeniality

Cash: 100,101,109,470,511,632.00
Bank: 2,423,635,845,723,354.50
Total Bankroll: 102,524,745,316,234,992.00
Donate
ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Los Angeles Angels Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Penguins Kansas Newcastle United USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulukinatme View Post
For the purposes of this thread, Quinntastic is allowed to contribute.
lol...

anyway,... I've shared this pic before, it's one of my favs... here is the oldest, years ago, showing her Irish pride. She often shares stories of cfb banter with school mates and, 'idiot SC fans'...

Story: Her fifth grade teacher had groups... each group was named after a college mascot. My Gabby got put in, "The Trojans" and she flat out refused to be in that group... she settled for "The Bruins." There was no Irish (All Pac 12 teams). Her Sixth grade teacher was a huge ND fan and had ND stuff all over his class... she got along with him much better and had a better year all around. She's in 8th grade now as of last week.

Photobucket
Old 08-18-2016, 09:07 PM   #5
ulukinatme
Holtz/Triumph in 2016!

Donate
Notre Dame

Haha, good story, ACamp. Can't rep you again yet.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:25 PM   #6
Sherm Sticky
The Prophet

Cash: 1,201,702,989.81
Bank: 73,707,004,430,656,112.00
Total Bankroll: 73,707,005,632,359,104.00
Donate
Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees New York Knicks San Francisco 49ers New Jersey Devils Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulukinatme View Post
Not sure if there's a thread like this out there already. Thought it would be a good repository for funny stories, advice for first timers, or just cool shit your kids did. For the purposes of this thread, Quinntastic is allowed to contribute.

So, I've got 3 kids. My oldest, Olivia, just started Kindergarten a few days ago. She's usually kinda shy, but I guess she's been doing well adjusting to the change. My 2nd child, Landon, is Autistic and Olivia has come to understand that he "has a different brain" than herself and my youngest boy. She doesn't have a close relationship with Landon like most siblings would have, but she understands he needs to be left alone at times and knows how to help when he's having sensory issues.

So, on her 3rd day of Kindergarten today we got a text from Olivia's teacher. I guess there's another Autistic child in her class. The teacher said my daughter has been awesome with this little girl in helping calm her down and being friendly. Just really cool to get a message like that, especially since we didn't know how she would take to Kindergarten having not been through the Preschool experience, and she doesn't really bond quite as well with Landon like she does my youngest. We know there's a good chance she'll have to be the one to help take care of Landon when we're gone someday, so that gives me some hope she'll do well.

Feel free to add any old stories or ask questions if you're just starting this jouney!

Thanks for starting this cool thread.

My oldest son is 7 years old, but lives with his mother. I see him every other weekend.

Youngest son is 2 years old. I love with him, his mother (my fiancé) and my step daughter who is 9.

I really enjoyed your story. You have a great young lady there and you should be very proud of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sherm Sticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:31 PM   #7
GEORGIA DOMER
JOANIE LOVES CHACHI

Cash: 2,181,818,185,080.08
Bank: 2,399,314,066,102,353,408.00
Total Bankroll: 2,399,316,247,920,538,624.00
Donate
GEORGIA DOMER should be giving advice to Kelly!GEORGIA DOMER should be giving advice to Kelly!GEORGIA DOMER should be giving advice to Kelly!GEORGIA DOMER should be giving advice to Kelly!GEORGIA DOMER should be giving advice to Kelly!GEORGIA DOMER should be giving advice to Kelly!GEORGIA DOMER should be giving advice to Kelly!GEORGIA DOMER should be giving advice to Kelly!GEORGIA DOMER should be giving advice to Kelly!GEORGIA DOMER should be giving advice to Kelly!GEORGIA DOMER should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers Dallas Cowboys Notre Dame

Father of four. Three girls and a boy. Just bought my 16 year old daughter a car. Blew my mind. Love them to death.
GEORGIA DOMER is offline   Reply With Quote