Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Professional Teams
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
Newc
Sophomore

Cash: 324.50
Bank: 86,758.39
Total Bankroll: 87,082.89
Donate
Newc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the community
Boston Red Sox Cleveland Browns Notre Dame

Notice how the most active thread in the Yankees Forum is about the Sox!!

I guess its just me, but I can't help but bask in the fact that all yankees fans can talk about is the Red Sox. Seems to me like they are a little worried about this season with the addition of Dice-K and our strong starting pitching staff. Its funny how all the Yanks fans claim that Sox fans always start the fights and all the trouble, I guess we'll just have to chalk that one up to the good ole New York mentality. Oh well, I'm looking forward to a great season.

Predictions: 100+ wins by the Sox, while taking the East. And look out for J.D. Drew, I think he'll end up surprising many of you.

Let Go Sox !!!
Newc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 03-14-2007, 08:13 PM   #2
ACamp1900
Mr. Congeniality

Cash: 100,101,109,470,521,776.00
Bank: 2,896,469,188,270,630.50
Total Bankroll: 102,997,578,658,792,400.00
Donate
ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Los Angeles Angels Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Penguins Kansas Newcastle United USA

not a Yankee fan... and yes Sox fans ALWAYS start the ****... always... then after some other fans have to put up with 100s of confrontations with Ho Sox clowns and finally get fed up and say something about it... self loathing Sux fans like you say crap like "hey look, everyone talks about us!... see, we ARE important!"... oh, well hope, good luck sleeping at night with that complex

Old 03-14-2007, 11:15 PM   #3
celtic745
Freshman

Cash: 6,906.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 6,906.00
Donate
celtic745 has a good aura about themceltic745 has a good aura about themceltic745 has a good aura about them
Send a message via AIM to celtic745
Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by newc122 View Post
I guess its just me, but I can't help but bask in the fact that all yankees fans can talk about is the Red Sox. Seems to me like they are a little worried about this season with the addition of Dice-K and our strong starting pitching staff. Its funny how all the Yanks fans claim that Sox fans always start the fights and all the trouble, I guess we'll just have to chalk that one up to the good ole New York mentality. Oh well, I'm looking forward to a great season.

Predictions: 100+ wins by the Sox, while taking the East. And look out for J.D. Drew, I think he'll end up surprising many of you.

Let Go Sox !!!

Agreed! Go Sox.
Who do you guys think is gonna be the closer?
I heard Tavarez is the favorite now, but we'll see. I wouldn't really be surprised if Papelbon takes the closer spot back halfway through the season
Old 03-15-2007, 11:11 AM   #4
Newc
Sophomore

Donate
Newc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the community

I don't know about the whole closer issue. Hopefully Donnelly can come around a show that he can be an effective closer. Tavarez scares me to be honest, way too inconsistant. Maybe if Lester can be ready to go by July, Paps will end up back in the pen, I don't know. But it will be an exciting year for sure, while the yankees have to deal with the marital problems between a-rod and jeter, the sox look poised to take the east.

Lets Go Sox!
Old 03-15-2007, 11:51 AM   #5
nd1
Varsity Club Member

Cash: 208,782.66
Bank: 3,136,187,997.47
Total Bankroll: 3,136,396,780.13
Donate
nd1 has much to be proud ofnd1 has much to be proud ofnd1 has much to be proud ofnd1 has much to be proud ofnd1 has much to be proud ofnd1 has much to be proud ofnd1 has much to be proud ofnd1 has much to be proud ofnd1 has much to be proud ofnd1 has much to be proud ofnd1 has much to be proud of
New York Yankees Chicago Bulls Atlanta Falcons Notre Dame 6 - Mark Martin

the only ones on jeter-arod thing is the media. they have address it and it's over. as fas as the sox's pitching how do you know it will be great. you don't really know that much about dice-k, and shilling and wakefield are getting up their in age. the same arguement you sox fans make about moose.you don't have a closer because he's in your starting rotation, which is the best pitcher the sox's have.

your defence is weaker than last year. let's be honest lugo can hit but he is a terrible shortstop and since jason v. got off the steriods he's a 240 hitter. You do have manny and ortiz which they will put their numbers up as always but nobody to hit behind them. who jd drew how long is he going to be healthy.
nd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:11 PM   #6
celtic745
Freshman

Cash: 6,906.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 6,906.00
Donate
celtic745 has a good aura about themceltic745 has a good aura about themceltic745 has a good aura about them
Send a message via AIM to celtic745
Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by newc122 View Post
I don't know about the whole closer issue. Hopefully Donnelly can come around a show that he can be an effective closer. Tavarez scares me to be honest, way too inconsistant. Maybe if Lester can be ready to go by July, Paps will end up back in the pen, I don't know. But it will be an exciting year for sure, while the yankees have to deal with the marital problems between a-rod and jeter, the sox look poised to take the east.

Lets Go Sox!
I don't know If I'd expect Donnelly to close. I mean, could happen, but he hasn't had a great spring so far.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:19 PM   #7
Newc
Sophomore

Donate

First of all, J.D. Drew is going to surprise alot of people this year. He is a solid player, he just needs to get his head straight, I think there are alot of guys on the team that can definitely help him with that. He'll stay healthy and have a solid bat in the # 5 position, backing up the greatest one-two punch in baseball.

Secondly, yes, Donnelly has not had the most reassuring of spring trainings, however, he has shown that he can fill the role with some more guidance out there in the pen. We are lucky to have alot of great veterans like schilling and tek who can work and help our pitchers progress. In addition, we have Pinero and Timlin who can fill in as a closer in order to rest others. I'm not completely convinced we need one guy to fill the closer role specifically as long as we can work the pen and keep some kind of consistancy. And remember, there are a few guys Theo has his eyes on as well, so we'll all have to wait and see.

And Finally, in regards to the "media having it out for A-rod". Maybe he needs to stop blaming his woes on the Yankee Fans. I find it hard to believe that the NY fans still put up with his crap. How does one of the richest men in baseball blame his fanbase for his lack of performance. Haha, what a joke! You yankee fans better be nice to him this year and give him a nice little pat on the bottom or he may no longer want to stay in NY. I'd say good riddance, get some balls A-rod, the expectations come with the big bucks my friend, if you can't handle the criticism maybe you should play for bottom dollar.

Lets Go Sox!