Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 07-05-2014, 12:18 AM   #1
jmurphy75
Sophomore

Cash: 3,668,682.36
Bank: 9,843,849,021,762,008.00
Total Bankroll: 9,843,849,025,430,690.00
Donate
jmurphy75 is a fountain of informationjmurphy75 is a fountain of informationjmurphy75 is a fountain of informationjmurphy75 is a fountain of informationjmurphy75 is a fountain of informationjmurphy75 is a fountain of informationjmurphy75 is a fountain of informationjmurphy75 is a fountain of informationjmurphy75 is a fountain of informationjmurphy75 is a fountain of informationjmurphy75 is a fountain of information

Disney/Universal Studios vacations

My brother has worked for a VIP Disney tour company for the last couple of years and has decided to open his own company. They do everything from arrange your pick up from the airport to custom tuning your entire vacation. The most common benefit is they can taylor your day at Disney to what rides and sited you want to get to with absolutly no wait in the lines as well as schedule meets with specific characters and princess lunches or meetings. They have the ability to "fast pass" you thru the entire park and although he is the black sheep of the family and a Miami Hurricane fan, it's a great way to get thru the park without the 45 minute a ride line. If you let him know you're one of my ND buds he'll take care of you and feel free to give him a hard time about his college team choice! Here is the link to his website, I had no idea tours like this existed until he took us on one and I won't go to the parks any other way now.

First Class Theme Park Tours
jmurphy75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 06-27-2017, 11:09 AM   #2
BleedBlueGold
Starter

Cash: 1,000,015,126,229.87
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,000,015,126,229.87
Donate
BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Notre Dame

Paging Wiz (or anyone else with exceptional knowledge):

*Disclaimer: I have never been to Disney....not one single park or resort. I know absolutely nothing. Proceed accordingly.

1) When would be a good time to begin trips w/ kids to Disney? I have a 2-yr old and thinking maybe next year would be a good time to start. Too young still?

2) Just a quick Google search and I'm completely overwhelmed. Where do you begin? Obviously this is a multi-trip ordeal. But what are the "must do's" for first-timers? What are the "don'ts" for first-timers?

3) For those with loads of experience, what advice/tips/tricks do you have to offer?

4) What am I looking to spend? Broad question, I know. Again, clueless here.

5) Best time of year to go?
BleedBlueGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:25 AM   #3
wizards8507
Wizstradamus

Cash: 1,100,097,310.91
Bank: 6.56
Total Bankroll: 1,100,097,317.47
Donate
wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots Boston Bruins Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueGold View Post
1) When would be a good time to begin trips w/ kids to Disney? I have a 2-yr old and thinking maybe next year would be a good time to start. Too young still?
My general advice on this question depends on how often you want to go, then take your kid for the first time at that age. So if you think you'll want to go once every four years, take your kid for the first time when they're four years old. We go roughly twice a year, so we've taken our daughter at six months, one year, one-and-a-half, and two.

40" is the first big hurdle in terms of rides with height restrictions. By 48" they can ride everything.

Quote:
2) Just a quick Google search and I'm completely overwhelmed. Where do you begin? Obviously this is a multi-trip ordeal. But what are the "must do's" for first-timers? What are the "don'ts" for first-timers?
Buy The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. You don't have to read it cover-to-cover, but definitely have it as a reference.

Quote:
3) For those with loads of experience, what advice/tips/tricks do you have to offer?
Stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel. You can get cheaper options off property, but staying on property saves a lot of time and headaches. Get plenty of sleep. In the summer that means a mid-afternoon nap/break at the resort. In the winter, when the parks close earlier, it means getting to sleep at a decent time. People try to push it and do too much and it leads to meltdowns from mother and child by Thursday.

Quote:
Two adults and one child? $4,000 minimum for resort, tickets, flights, and food for seven nights.

Quote:
NOT during Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, or midsummer. Late August is good in terms of crowds and prices but the weather is rough. The week in between the Walt Disney World marathon and MLK weekend is affordable and good weather, but the weekends will be crowded.

The first thing you need to do is decide what "tier" of hotel you want to stay in:

Deluxe - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Boardwalk, Saratoga Springs, Old Key West

Moderate - Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Coronado Springs (MAJOR construction), Caribbean Beach (MAJOR construction), Ft. Wilderness Cabins (prices like a deluxe, but includes full kitchen and multiple rooms)

Value - All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation (includes pricier family suites)

Campground - Ft. Wilderness campsites

Last edited by wizards8507; 06-27-2017 at 11:29 AM..
wizards8507 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:30 AM   #4
no.1IrishFan
Team MVP

Cash: 4,999,981,361.64
Bank: 2,471,088.34
Total Bankroll: 5,002,452,449.98
Donate
no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!
Arizona Diamondbacks Miami Dolphins Notre Dame

My son will be 2 1/2 when we go to Disneyland later this year. He's obsessed with Mickey. When he sees a giant, life size Mickey at the park it's either going to be the greatest moment of his short life or scar him forever.
no.1IrishFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:43 AM   #5
koonja
Team Cleveland Steamers

Cash: 60,704,201.57
Bank: 20,744,376,612,582.44
Total Bankroll: 20,744,437,316,784.02
Donate
koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Quote:
Paging Wiz (or anyone else with exceptional knowledge):

*Disclaimer: I have never been to Disney....not one single park or resort. I know absolutely nothing. Proceed accordingly.

Wiz is a chump for not referring you to the actual Orlando Calendar (that includes a filter on Disney).

https://www.undercovertourist.com/or...rowd-calendar/

I'm visiting Universal and Island of Adventure on a Monday and Tuesday in October - seems like it'll be a good time.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:52 AM   #6
wizards8507
Wizstradamus

Cash: 1,100,097,310.91
Bank: 6.56
Total Bankroll: 1,100,097,317.47
Donate
wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots Boston Bruins Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by koonja View Post
Wiz is a chump for not referring you to the actual Orlando Calendar (that includes a filter on Disney).

https://www.undercovertourist.com/or...rowd-calendar/

I'm visiting Universal and Island of Adventure on a Monday and Tuesday in October - seems like it'll be a good time.
Don't embarrass yourself. Undercover Tourist is for slobs. The actual crowd calendar you want to use is from TouringPlans.com, but it requires a paid subscription and you're a poor so I didn't suggest it. My expertise in this area will not be challenged. Kindly see yourself out.
wizards8507 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:01 PM   #7
koonja
Team Cleveland Steamers

Cash: 60,704,201.57
Bank: 20,744,376,612,582.44
Total Bankroll: 20,744,437,316,784.02
Donate
koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizards8507 View Post
Don't embarrass yourself. Undercover Tourist is for slobs. The actual crowd calendar you want to use is from TouringPlans.com, but it requires a paid subscription and you're a poor so I didn't suggest it. My expertise in this area will not be challenged. Kindly see yourself out.
I admit I'm poor so you using it against me loses its luster.

Serious question though, for the HP fans and those who've visited Island of Adventure and Universal Studios.

We're going in October, and have 2 park, 2 day, park to park passes. We'll be going on a Monday and Tuesday (crowds shouldn't be too bad).

How did you go about touring HP world, and would you suggest any order? Logistically, going to one the first day, the other the 2nd makes the most sense. But then you cannot really experience the rides in order, and you also miss out on the Hogwarts Express that takes you between parks. Based on my googling, this is how the park is broken up:

Island of Adventure:

-Hogsmeade
- 3 Broomsticks
- Hog's Head
- Owl Post
- Hogwarts Castle
- Forbidden Journey - Themed ride that explores Hogwarts. I guess you'd call it book/movie 1?
- Olivander's
- Flight of the Hippogriph - Themed ride from HP #3
- Triwizard tournament tent

Universal Studios
- Diagon Alley
- Escape from Gringotts - Themed ride that takes place in final book/movie.
- Leaky Couldron
- Weasley's Wizards Joke Shop
- Knockturn Alley
- Borgin and Burkes
- Grimmgould house (w/ Kreacher)
- Kings Crossing - Themed ride where you get on Hogwarts express to travel to Island of Adventure.

So you can see, if you follow the story line, doing one one day, and the other the next, doesn't work. Plus, you miss out on the train ride.

Please help.