Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 07-17-2015, 12:01 PM   #1
ulukinatme
Holtz/Triumph in 2016!

Cash: 295,906.19
Bank: 25,134,758,207,974,256,640.00
Total Bankroll: 25,134,758,207,974,551,552.00
Donate
ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Wives and the Stupid **** They Say/Do

Stole this thread from the Shag, figured I'd start one over here as I'm sure IE has some great wife stories to tell. General rules are "wife" stories only. Girlfriend stories will be heard, but gf's are generally still considered "fun" and the commitment level doesn't require a lawyer to walk away.

Here's one that was posted the other day as an example, not my own:

Wives and the Stupid $#@! They Say/Do - Page 395

Quote:
So, yall saw where my kid blinded me for two days right?

The morning it happened before I got my daughter to drive to me to Care Now. I called and left her a message about what happened and Daughter1 was taking me to the place. I would call her later (she was in a surgery so I knew it would go to vm)

I get a couple of text from her while I being seen by the doc. Tell daughter1 to text her and let her know what was going on.

Daughter1 takes me to get prescription and takes me home. I leave another VM explaining that I can't see, she would need to pick up boy from Day care, I'm going to bed call me if you need anything. Once again I get about 3 text messages. I ignore them.

Finally I get a call "Why haven't you responded to my text messages I was worried about you."
me : "I'm fucking blind. I can't see the damn text messages. Thats why I told you to call."

she gets home later "I texted you to see what you wanted for diner, but you didn't respond so I didn't get you anything."

ulukinatme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 07-17-2015, 01:26 PM   #2
EddytoNow
Vbuck Redistributor

Cash: 1,010,023,767.59
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,010,023,767.59
Donate
EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!

These are about an ex-wife, but we were still married when each happened.

Story #1 - We go to a 40th birthday surprise party for the wife's best friend. On the way home the wife complains that I never throw her any surprise parties like that for her birthdays. I hear "I want a birthday party like that." On her next birthday, I plan an elaborate surpise party for the wife on her 40th party inviting 50 to 60 of our closest friends. After everyone leaves the wife complains that I only threw her such a large party because her friend's husband had done it first. I should have heard "My best friend's husband is a better husband than you, and I will resent anything you try to do because you don't measure up."

Story #2 - The wife, our two young boys, and I attend the local Highland Games. The event is so large that we had to park several miles away and ride a shuttle bus into the festival area. I decide to look through the Irish and Scottish CD's that are for sale by the vendors. The wife decides to watch the highland dances being performed nearby. We agree to meet in the highland dance area. Fifteen minutes later, the two boys and I go to the highland dance area looking for the wife. She is nowhere to be found. We continue to search for her in the area of the highland dancing for the next hour. We then spend the next two hours walking around the grounds trying to locate her. We even ride the shuttle back and forth to see if she has returned to the car. Finally, we wait at the entrance gate for her to show up. She finally comes to the gate fuming. She assumes no responsibility for not meeting us where she said she would. I am in the doghouse for the next couple of weeks, because (according to her) I should have known where she went.

Being unable to read her mind to know what she was thinking without her saying it, we ended up in divorce court a year or two later. So the best wife story now is "I no longer have to deal with all that **** anymore."
EddytoNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 01:49 PM   #3
Henges24
A Good Guy From MI

Cash: 311,820,002,825.15
Bank: 9,559,923,611,912,337,408.00
Total Bankroll: 9,559,923,923,732,340,736.00
Donate
Henges24 should be giving advice to Kelly!Henges24 should be giving advice to Kelly!Henges24 should be giving advice to Kelly!Henges24 should be giving advice to Kelly!Henges24 should be giving advice to Kelly!Henges24 should be giving advice to Kelly!Henges24 should be giving advice to Kelly!Henges24 should be giving advice to Kelly!Henges24 should be giving advice to Kelly!Henges24 should be giving advice to Kelly!Henges24 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Detroit Tigers Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings Central Michigan

I'm not married but I get the whole "You're not a mind reader, and now I'm pissed" thing with my GF all the time. If only we could read minds then maybe we would finally be able to understand women. The world would be a better place and it's all of our faults.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:08 PM   #4
Wingman Ray
AD in waiting

Cash: 2,242.04
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 2,242.04
Donate
Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!

Wont compare but these are recent head scratchers

1) Wife rides me all the time for never coming to her work and taking her to lunch. So Weds I show up at her work unannounced as a surprise and am told she just went upstairs on lunch. So they call her down. She is happy to see me which is nice but when I say, "lets go get lunch" she replys "but I have lunch upstairs (the cold leftover chicken from the night before). My eyes boggle a couple of times while I have the deer in the headlight look. She gets the message and quick grabs my arm to leave for lunch.

2) The wife is possibly the worst driver ever. So right after I make the last payment on her car loan, she decides to go through the drive through of this gourmet ice cream pop place. Well she takes out the drivers side passenger door on the metal post in the drive through (scratches and ghetto looking but still functional) then proceeds to ask if she can get a new car now that hers is paid off. Im still boggling over that one.
Wingman Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 02:14 PM   #5
Whiskeyjack
Mittere Margaritas Ante Porcos

Cash: 5,000,208,242.04
Bank: 2,458,584,564,511,564,288.00
Total Bankroll: 2,458,584,569,511,772,672.00
Donate
Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

My wife knows how to use the internet. So I won't be participating in this thread. God speed, gentlemen.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:19 PM   #6
Bluto
Starter

Cash: 200,000,022,910.00
Bank: 30,816,054,479,636.59
Total Bankroll: 31,016,054,502,546.59
Donate
Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
My wife knows how to use the internet. So I won't be participating in this thread. God speed, gentlemen.
On that note, I'll leave this article here but I sure as hell wouldn't recommend to anyone bringing it to their wife's attention. Lol.

Lesbian Divorce Shocker! | The Daily Caller

"Lesbian Divorce Shocker: Same-sex marriages between women are considerably more likely to end in divorce than either same-sex male marriages or heterosexual marriages, according to a study of Norway and Sweden"

Last edited by Bluto; 07-17-2015 at 02:22 PM..
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 02:32 PM   #7
ACamp1900
Mr. Congeniality

Cash: 100,101,108,711,572,576.00
Bank: 6,147,173,060,495,835.00
Total Bankroll: 106,248,281,772,068,416.00
Donate
ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Los Angeles Angels Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Penguins Kansas Newcastle United USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman Ray View Post
Wont compare but these are recent head scratchers

1) Wife rides me all the time for never coming to her work and taking her to lunch. So Weds I show up at her work unannounced as a surprise and am told she just went upstairs on lunch. So they call her down. She is happy to see me which is nice but when I say, "lets go get lunch" she replys "but I have lunch upstairs (the cold leftover chicken from the night before). My eyes boggle a couple of times while I have the deer in the headlight look. She gets the message and quick grabs my arm to leave for lunch.

2) The wife is possibly the worst driver ever. So right after I make the last payment on her car loan, she decides to go through the drive through of this gourmet ice cream pop place. Well she takes out the drivers side passenger door on the metal post in the drive through (scratches and ghetto looking but still functional) then proceeds to ask if she can get a new car now that hers is paid off. Im still boggling over that one.
When this thread started i laughed and thought, "I'm a lucky man, I can't really think of anything," then you posted this...

1.) My wife thinks she's a gps, and has to talk out the directions to every little place all the time... I'm laid back so I let her have that role, except we get lost constantly.. lol

2.) On the lunch thing, my wife and I work for the same school, one of works for the School of Nursing, the other for the School of Education... we actually work in the same building on different floors... She does this thing in regards to lunch, she complains when I go to lunch without her, BUT, the thing is, when I DO ask her to go to lunch with me she has to take time looking for coupons or finding the nutritional readings for the burrito spot down the street online... or even worse, she tries to completely alter where we go according to whatever diet kick she is on at the time... she'll even suggest the most horrid, Satan inspired, food joint on the planet, Panera Bread... soooooo, I avoid asking her to lunch and just grab a damn burrito,... then she acts all butt hurt.