Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Blogs, News, and More > News, Features, And More
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

View Poll Results: Hall of Fame worthy
Pete Rose 4 100.00%
Barry Bonds 0 0%
Sammy Sosa 0 0%
Mike Piazza 0 0%
Roger Clemens 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
tadman95
I have a bigger bullet

Cash: 13,848.24
Bank: 819,190,481,059,047,808.00
Total Bankroll: 819,190,481,059,061,632.00
Donate
tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Notre Dame

Baseball Hall of Fame Vote

No one makes the Hall. Should any of these guys have made it? I personally think Pete Rose should be in, his "sins" were as a manager, not as a player.
tadman95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 01-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Pops Freshenmeyer
Senior

Cash: 5,019,329.65
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 5,019,329.65
Donate
Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadman95 View Post
No one makes the Hall. Should any of these guys have made it? I personally think Pete Rose should be in, his "sins" were as a manager, not as a player.
He was a player-manager, actually.

The Dowd report concluded he was betting on Reds games from 1985-1987.

Last edited by Pops Freshenmeyer; 01-10-2013 at 11:48 AM..
Pops Freshenmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
BGIF
Varsity Club

Cash: 33,225.82
Bank: 51,063,818,003,376,463,872.00
Total Bankroll: 51,063,818,003,376,496,640.00
Donate
BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
He was a player-manager, actually.

The Dowd report concluded he was betting on Reds games from 1985-1987.

From Wiki:
Quote:
Rose was traded to the Reds for infielder Tom Lawless on August 15, 1984 and was immediately named player-manager, replacing Reds' manager Vern Rapp. Though he only batted .259 for the Expos, his average jumped to .365 with the Reds, as he managed them to a 19–22 record for the remainder of the season.

On September 11, 1985, Rose broke Ty Cobb’s all-time hits record with his 4,192nd hit, a single to left-center field off San Diego Padres pitcher Eric Show.

Rose accumulated a total of 4,256 hits before his final career at-bat, a strikeout against San Diego’s Goose Gossage on August 17, 1986.

Rose managed the Reds from August 15, 1984, to August 24, 1989

Rose was a player for the first two years as Reds manager and broke Cobbs record and a bunch of others while gambling on baseball in direct violation of baseball rules. Rose voluntarily accepted a permanent place on baseball's ineligible list.

Former players and managers on the ineligible list are barred from consideration for election to the HOF.
BGIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #4
BGIF
Varsity Club

Cash: 33,225.82
Bank: 51,063,818,003,376,463,872.00
Total Bankroll: 51,063,818,003,376,496,640.00
Donate
BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!

Interesting poll where you can only vote, yes.

If I were allowed a choice, I'd vote, NO.

HELL NO!
BGIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:02 AM   #5
phgreek
Team MVP

Cash: 5,150,130,287.47
Total Bankroll: 5,150,130,287.47
Donate
phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!
Pittsburgh Pirates Utah Jazz Pittsburgh Steelers Notre Dame

Straight no for me...

The closest would be Rose. But in the end he did a couple things I can't get beyond.

1) knowing the fate of those who came before, he still did it
2) He lied, and tried every way he could to bully people, and bully his way into the Hall...and only when he thought honesty would get him in did he tell the truth.

He is a disgrace and an a$$hole...may he and his unquenchable self-centered bs attitude burn in hell.

Now imagine what I think of everyone else?
Old 01-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #6
tadman95
I have a bigger bullet

Cash: 13,848.24
Bank: 819,190,481,059,047,808.00
Total Bankroll: 819,190,481,059,061,632.00
Donate
tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!tadman95 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGIF View Post
Interesting poll where you can only vote, yes.

If I were allowed a choice, I'd vote, NO.

HELL NO!
Well you make a good point. I didn't realize there was no "No" vote. Sorry about that. I don't see a way to edit that so I guess we're stuck with it.
tadman95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #7
ohara831
Sophomore

Cash: 10,973.36
Total Bankroll: 10,973.36
Donate
ohara831 is a fountain of informationohara831 is a fountain of informationohara831 is a fountain of informationohara831 is a fountain of informationohara831 is a fountain of informationohara831 is a fountain of informationohara831 is a fountain of informationohara831 is a fountain of informationohara831 is a fountain of informationohara831 is a fountain of informationohara831 is a fountain of information

No for all. But if Rose was off of the "banned" list, he would get a Yes vote from me. He has paid for his crime against the game. Same thing with Shoeless Joe. The game was different back then. Ownership was screwing the players over, they were lied to, and they had no leverage. Cannot compare the politics of the game today to 90 years ago. But Shoeless Joe was a terrific player on the field and deserves to be in the HOF.
ohara831 is offline   Reply With Quote