Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football Recruiting
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 08-03-2005, 01:03 PM   #1
jiggafini19
The Pope

Cash: 314,604.65
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 314,604.65
Donate
jiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to behold
Chicago White Sox Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Bowling Green Liverpool USA

Sergio Brown-ND Offer

Another safety named Brown has an offer from ND.

Sergio Brown of Proviso East in Maywood, IL has an offer in hand from ND. His two favorites are Illinois and Notre Dame. Runs a consistent 4.4 and was clocked at 4.2 a few times. He's 6-1, 194 and has offers from Iowa, Nebraska and UCLA as well.

Brown is happy to have an offer and won't even take an official visit since he's already seen Notre Dame and the place speaks for itself. He was on campus June 25th.

"I didn't see a lot but what I saw was nice. I talked to some of the coaches. I like the DB coach (Bill Lewis) a lot. We sat down and talked about coverages. They run a similar defense as my high school so I should fit in well."

He is on my list of guys to see live this fall.

Notre Dame, welcome back to recruiting in Chicago! You've been missed.
jiggafini19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 08-03-2005, 01:17 PM   #2
erod24

Cash: 0
Bank: 0
Total Bankroll: 0
Donate

How good is this guy. A lot of people seem to be excited that ND's one of his top two teams. According to Rivals.com (I know rivals is "not the bible) he's not a four star prospect.
GO IRISH!
Old 08-03-2005, 01:52 PM   #3
Batch

Cash: 0
Bank: 0
Total Bankroll: 0
Donate

Well Weis and company must see something in him to give him an offer. I think its way to early for them to start handing out offers to their lower tiered prospects. I think charlie knows football players...and remember the team that wins most is usually not the team that has the best players, but the best team of players.

-Batch
Old 08-03-2005, 02:01 PM   #4
jiggafini19
The Pope

Donate
jiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to behold
Chicago White Sox Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Bowling Green Liverpool USA

Scout.com rates him about the same.

6-1, 194 and a 4.4? Impressive.

Give Weis "3-star" athletes and see what happens. How many Pro Bowl guys did they have in New England? What is the real difference between a 3 and 4 star guy? A four and five? Get them in the right system and it's go time.

I'm waiting to see him in person. Proviso East is not a football program (Michael Finley and Steven Hunter of NBA fame went there), so I will guess he is going to stand out regardless of how good he really is.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:46 AM   #5
brucejcarr
Varsity Club Member

Cash: 32,476.44
Total Bankroll: 32,476.44
Donate
brucejcarr is a splendid one to beholdbrucejcarr is a splendid one to beholdbrucejcarr is a splendid one to beholdbrucejcarr is a splendid one to beholdbrucejcarr is a splendid one to beholdbrucejcarr is a splendid one to beholdbrucejcarr is a splendid one to beholdbrucejcarr is a splendid one to beholdbrucejcarr is a splendid one to beholdbrucejcarr is a splendid one to beholdbrucejcarr is a splendid one to behold

There have been a ton of 5* guys who have been busts! Give me a 3* guy with heart any day over a 5* guy who wants his position handed to him any day.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:52 AM   #6
jiggafini19
The Pope

Donate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucejcarr
There have been a ton of 5* guys who have been busts! Give me a 3* guy with heart any day over a 5* guy who wants his position handed to him any day.
Bruce brings up a great point.

If a guy fits, he fits. Look at Alex Smith. His job in high school was to hand off to Reggie Bush.

Smith became a millionaire first.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:04 AM   #7
jiggafini19
The Pope

Donate

Brown has narrowed his list down to three:

Notre Dame
Illinois
Nebraska

Everyone else appears to be out of the mix, including UCLA and Minnesota. I'm starting to hear that this will be an ND-Illinois horserace.