Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football Recruiting
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 09-12-2005, 06:03 PM   #1
iowadomer

Cash: 0
Bank: 0
Total Bankroll: 0
Donate
Exclamation Kates To Nd!!!!!!!!

I just saw this on a ESPN recruiting chat...

Tom Luginbill: (4:04 PM ET ) Hello football fans and welcome. Before I start off, I would like to address the Jason Kates issue as it relates to him commiting to Notre Dame. We have credible sources and believe that he has committed to Notre Dame and we will stick to that notion for the time being. If anything changes, I can assure you we will let you know right away. We do not feel it to be necessary to change our stance at this time.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:13 PM   #2
jiggafini19
The Pope

Cash: 314,598.65
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 314,598.65
Donate
jiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to behold
Chicago White Sox Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Bowling Green Liverpool USA

Until Kates announces, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The Kates recruiting is about as drama filled as the 2 quarterback situation. Hopefully he comes aboard.
jiggafini19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:29 PM   #3
iloveirish_12

Donate

I hope he does commit to notre dame. that would be big and we need it. And after Walls got to come notre dame
Old 09-13-2005, 01:04 AM   #4
LuckoftheIrish86
Sophomore

Cash: 41,762.85
Total Bankroll: 41,762.85
Donate
LuckoftheIrish86 is a glorious beacon of lightLuckoftheIrish86 is a glorious beacon of lightLuckoftheIrish86 is a glorious beacon of lightLuckoftheIrish86 is a glorious beacon of lightLuckoftheIrish86 is a glorious beacon of lightLuckoftheIrish86 is a glorious beacon of lightLuckoftheIrish86 is a glorious beacon of lightLuckoftheIrish86 is a glorious beacon of lightLuckoftheIrish86 is a glorious beacon of lightLuckoftheIrish86 is a glorious beacon of lightLuckoftheIrish86 is a glorious beacon of light
Toronto Raptors Pittsburgh Steelers Chicago Blackhawks Notre Dame Chelsea

I hope we landed Kates? but until he publically announces, im skeptical.

also I read on the rivals ND message board that Walls will most likely be playing football in Ann Arbor.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:18 AM   #5
jiggafini19
The Pope

Cash: 314,598.65
Total Bankroll: 314,598.65
Donate
jiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to beholdjiggafini19 is a splendid one to behold
Chicago White Sox Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Bowling Green Liverpool USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckoftheIrish86
also I read on the rivals ND message board that Walls will most likely be playing football in Ann Arbor.
I just don't get it. A completely overrated experience. Their coach is tired and broken down, completely outwitted by a staff with NFL experience.

I am confident Walls will choose ND, but if he goes the UM route, that would give them both Brown and Walls right out from under ND. Not good.
jiggafini19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:24 AM   #6
BigIrish
Freshman

Cash: 6,648.55
Bank: 14,808.49
Total Bankroll: 21,457.04
Donate
BigIrish is a fountain of informationBigIrish is a fountain of informationBigIrish is a fountain of informationBigIrish is a fountain of informationBigIrish is a fountain of informationBigIrish is a fountain of informationBigIrish is a fountain of informationBigIrish is a fountain of informationBigIrish is a fountain of informationBigIrish is a fountain of informationBigIrish is a fountain of information

there are going to be guys that don't get on board the first year because they've yet to be convinced. hope kates isn't one of them, but it's going to happen.

we shouldn't hang our hopes too much on any one recruit.
BigIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:57 AM   #7
Rip Rap

Donate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggafini19
I just don't get it. A completely overrated experience. Their coach is tired and broken down, completely outwitted by a staff with NFL experience.
They lost that game because Henne broke down, had an improbable fumble on the goal line, and got picked-off in the end-zone. Michigan had more yards on the ground and in the air, and generally moved the ball steadily against us. We played to their level (which is an accomplishment), but they truly did beat themselves. In any other universe, Michigan won that game 24-17. I would hardly say they were outwitted, as they made numerous adjustments to maintain control of the game.