Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 10-17-2020, 02:19 PM   #11173
Cackalacky2.0
Community Moderator

Cash: 99,900,000,012,178.55
Bank: 1,447,754,368,252,650.50
Total Bankroll: 1,547,654,368,264,829.00
Donate
Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!Cackalacky2.0 should be giving advice to Kelly!

I can’t believe that wasn’t a red. Disgusting. And the offsides call. Ridiculous.
Cackalacky2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 10-19-2020, 11:03 AM   #11174
Rogue219
Senior

Cash: 10,949.37
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 10,949.37
Donate
Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Pittsburgh Pirates San Antonio Spurs Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Penguins West Virginia Liverpool USA

I guess I need to have the rules of the game explained to me again. I thought I knew them half way decent. Guess not.

Pickford is lucky he's English and lucky this didn't happen against Manchester United. I'll leave it at that.

Felt like a loss for one club and a win for another. Forever in the shadow because of that mentality, and rightfully so. Their best side in years and it still took a goal being called back via VAR for them to draw.

Wouldn't write off Liverpool just yet, though the fan base on Twitter seems to have abandoned all hope for the season, which makes zero sense to me, but whatever. I feel totally confused most of the time anyway because very little seems to make sense or matter anymore.

I have been disappointed after defeats, but I have never been angry after a draw like this one.
Rogue219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:18 AM   #11175
NDRock
Starter

Cash: 1,001,276,540.99
Total Bankroll: 1,001,276,540.99
Donate
NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue219 View Post
I guess I need to have the rules of the game explained to me again. I thought I knew them half way decent. Guess not.

Pickford is lucky he's English and lucky this didn't happen against Manchester United. I'll leave it at that.

Felt like a loss for one club and a win for another. Forever in the shadow because of that mentality, and rightfully so. Their best side in years and it still took a goal being called back via VAR for them to draw.

Wouldn't write off Liverpool just yet, though the fan base on Twitter seems to have abandoned all hope for the season, which makes zero sense to me, but whatever. I feel totally confused most of the time anyway because very little seems to make sense or matter anymore.

I have been disappointed after defeats, but I have never been angry after a draw like this one.
The PL seems like such a grind. I figured there was no way Liverpool was going to be as dominant this year. Almost impossible after what it took the last couple of years. Same thing happened to City last year after the back to back titles. Doesn't mean Liverpool won't repeat this year, just think no team is going to sniff 100 points.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:38 AM   #11176
IHateMarkMay
IHateDavidPollackToo

Cash: 297,495.77
Bank: 804,218.63
Total Bankroll: 1,101,714.39
Donate
IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!
Indiana Pacers Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Western Michigan Manchester United

Yeah, it seems like anytime I think I know the rules to VAR, something happens and I don't. I don't even think they know the rules. Because Pickford's... attempt? (should've been a straight red) came after offsides, it's nullified? Does that mean if Pickford just came up and punched a player in the face after an offsides, nothing would have happened either? Makes no sense.
IHateMarkMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:42 AM   #11177
notredomer23
Go Irish

Cash: 33,383.01
Bank: 17,440,273,086.23
Total Bankroll: 17,440,306,469.24
Donate
notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees New York Knicks New York Giants Notre Dame Manchester City USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
Yeah, it seems like anytime I think I know the rules to VAR, something happens and I don't. I don't even think they know the rules. Because Pickford's... attempt? (should've been a straight red) came after offsides, it's nullified? Does that mean if Pickford just came up and punched a player in the face after an offsides, nothing would have happened either? Makes no sense.
MLS had VAR right with extreme transparency during the Orlando bubble where you got the exact view the refs used and could hear the refs. Similar to the XFL with reviews. MLS wanted to keep doing that, but apparently the EPL and other European leagues objected big time so MLS stopped. Blows my mind that they are going to continue allowing VAR to wrongfully dictate games when it should be such a simple, useful tool.
notredomer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:33 PM   #11178
Rogue219
Senior

Donate
Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Pittsburgh Pirates San Antonio Spurs Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Penguins West Virginia Liverpool USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDRock View Post
The PL seems like such a grind. I figured there was no way Liverpool was going to be as dominant this year. Almost impossible after what it took the last couple of years. Same thing happened to City last year after the back to back titles. Doesn't mean Liverpool won't repeat this year, just think no team is going to sniff 100 points.
Didn't care about 100 points and don't care about it now. A title is a title, especially after waiting 30 years.

They can't play as high of a line now. Maybe they go back to beating everyone 4-3 like in the Pre Van Dijk Era. No idea.

They still have class players all over the pitch without Van Dijk. I don't think they will make excuses, nor should they. Far different that Spurs and Leicester last year dealing with their injuries.

Klopp does win a title this year without Van Dijk, I think that speaks even more volumes about his ability as a manager.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:34 PM   #11179
Rogue219
Senior

Donate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
Manchester United was awarded a PK after the final whistle blew.

Evidently if you are offsides, however, you're an open target and can be scissor kicked by a goalie as he snaps your leg in half.

Stuffy people, these Brits.