Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Professional Teams
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 06-11-2019, 04:33 PM   #652
ulukinatme
Holtz/Triumph in 2016!

Cash: 265,407.21
Bank: 2,478,754,927,365,788,160.00
Total Bankroll: 2,478,754,927,366,053,376.00
Donate
ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish#1 View Post
Interesting how people see them. I'm a Pacer and Colts fan and don't think of them in the same light as the Pats. GS hasn't been accused of any shenanigans and I find the Warriors pretty likeable. Except for Green, I don't see them whining nearly as much as a lot of other players and teams.
Take away the Pats shenanigans and they're still winning a ton of games and Super Bowls. Is winning wrong? Of course not, but after you've been toying with all the other teams in the league for years it gets to be a little boring and predictable. It's not good for the sport. The Pats have been an incredibly dominating dynasty in the last 10 years, and Golden State is in that same company should they continue on their current path. I don't find them likable personally, at least when it comes to most of the starters. They tend to be rather cocky and egotistical, and for good reason I guess. Green is this generation's Dennis Rodman without the outlandish wardrobe and hair. He's the bad boy of the Warriors, although he's been staying out of trouble a little more in recent years. Curry whines plenty, I don't care for him personally. Klay is plenty cocky. Durant tends to be more humble and has a good attitude, so I won't include him. It's not just the starters though, the organization is not that likable. This was two years ago, and they haven't improved after winning two more titles since then:

I don't always agree with Cowherd, but there are other examples of publications calling out the Warriors arrogance/attitude:

https://www.opencourt-basketball.com...tely-annoying/
https://www.sbnation.com/2016/4/19/1...ance-joe-lacob
https://www.forbes.com/sites/terence.../#5e0b9d2f6a0d
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02/...stephen-curry/
https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/20...andon-jennings
https://www.sbnation.com/2016/12/22/...-arrogant-good
https://www.insidehook.com/article/sports/149793

Those are just some of the top hits that were returned. I don't think I'm in the minority that believes Golden State is unlikable. I think the average fan really isn't pulling for Golden State to continue their winning streak unless they were already Golden State fans to begin with.

Last edited by ulukinatme; 06-11-2019 at 04:49 PM..
ulukinatme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 06-11-2019, 11:00 PM   #653
Veritate Duce Progredi
{{Jafar gonna eat}}

Cash: 9,667,613,291.29
Bank: 10,389,803,390,478,604.00
Total Bankroll: 10,389,813,058,091,896.00
Donate
Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulukinatme View Post
First off, yes, it's a serious injury...I'd put money down that he'll come back from it though. He probably could just call it a career and hang them up, but he's not like that. He has plenty of money to get the best doctors and rehab possible. He's also one of, if not the best player in the NBA right now, so I'm banking that this will be a minor setback.
Second, Durant joined an already stacked Golden State team that never needed him to begin with. They were already the best team in the league by a decent margin. By Durant joining the Warriors it would be like if Bo Jackson, Jerry Rice, and Joe Montana all left their respective teams to join the '85 Bears. It's just bad for the sport, and it's amazing what Toronto has accomplished even with Durant out, but luck has been fortunate to them this series.
I could go on, but you get the idea. No need to take this personal. I never wish that he or any other player gets injured, and I hope he has a speedy recovery. Can you imagine how boring this Finals would be had Durant been healthy the entire series? The Warriors would predictably be hoisting the trophy again, and the only fans that would be happy about it are Golden State. They've effectively become the Patriots of the NBA, people are tired of the domination. Maybe you're a Golden State fan, I don't know, but Durant being out this series is just good for the sport and it feels like the universe is a little more aligned.
Durant is definitely being punished by cosmic forces for signing with the Warriors. Obviously the gods who created karma, have the exact same views as you in regards to keeping the NBA even. They hate seeing talented players join other talented players to get rings and boost their stock. They said it 'ruins da game' during my last NBA intercessory prayer session.
Veritate Duce Progredi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:37 AM   #654
ulukinatme
Holtz/Triumph in 2016!

Donate
ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritate Duce Progredi View Post
Durant is definitely being punished by cosmic forces for signing with the Warriors. Obviously the gods who created karma, have the exact same views as you in regards to keeping the NBA even. They hate seeing talented players MVPs join other talented players All Star championship rosters to get rings and boost their stock. They said it 'ruins da game' during my last NBA intercessory prayer session.
FIFY

Make sure a sacrifice of goats is made during your next session so we can do something about Clemson and Alabama. It's time they got knocked down a few pegs.

Last edited by ulukinatme; 06-12-2019 at 02:40 AM..
Old 06-12-2019, 09:06 AM   #655
Irish#1
Living Your Dream!

Cash: 512,049,207,175.08
Bank: 11,439,890,395,968,448.00
Total Bankroll: 11,440,402,445,175,624.00
Donate
Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulukinatme View Post
Take away the Pats shenanigans and they're still winning a ton of games and Super Bowls.

Those are just some of the top hits that were returned. I don't think I'm in the minority that believes Golden State is unlikable. I think the average fan really isn't pulling for Golden State to continue their winning streak unless they were already Golden State fans to begin with.
There's always going to be people that dislike winning teams. I'm included. I just don't find that type of disdain for the Warriors. Everyone loved them when they first won. Now that they are consistent title contenders it's time to hate? I guess it's all in one's perception.
Irish#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:24 PM   #656
ulukinatme
Holtz/Triumph in 2016!

Donate
Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish#1 View Post
There's always going to be people that dislike winning teams. I'm included. I just don't find that type of disdain for the Warriors. Everyone loved them when they first won. Now that they are consistent title contenders it's time to hate? I guess it's all in one's perception.
Sure, everyone loves the Cindarella story. I'm sure lots of people were happy when the Pats won their first Super Bowl, but today the average fan is rather sick of them.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:06 PM   #657
Some Irish Bloke
Five foot nothin'

Cash: 4,017.53
Bank: 269,825,880.06
Total Bankroll: 269,829,897.58
Donate
Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!
Detroit Tigers Detroit Pistons Green Bay Packers Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

I'm with Ulikinatme here. Kevin Durant's "legacy" would have been better had he stuck it out with OKC or gone somewhere else and won a ring as opposed to joining up with a super team to win it all, after they'd already won it more than once. He had GS on the brink of elimination in the WCF when he was with OKC. They choked away a 3-1 lead. "If you can't beat them, join them" I mean, I guess? But it just looks weak when you look at KD's "legacy." What legacy? He joined an already established dynasty and won two more championships with said dynasty...to me him winning those rings is no more impressive than Jonas Jerebko winning said rings. KD just added a layer of frosting on an already delicious cake.

Parity is good for sports. The NBA feels like I'm watching a re-run of one of my favorite sitcoms. I feel like I'm just picking up on a few new details from re-watching the episode.

Also, there is no room in any sport for the reaction the Toronto fans had when KD went down. Reminded me of when Rodgers got hurt in Minnesota in 2017 with the collarbone injury. But what short memories; are we forgetting that in game three at Oracle, a partial owner shoved and slandered a professional athlete while sitting court side? Glass houses...

Last edited by Some Irish Bloke; 06-12-2019 at 03:14 PM..
Some Irish Bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:19 PM   #658
koonja
Team Cleveland Steamers

Cash: 60,715,349.57
Bank: 43,162,515,131,384.56
Total Bankroll: 43,162,575,846,734.14
Donate
koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Kevin Durant is considered the best player in the NBA right now by anyone who matters, and will go down as a top 10 player of all time IMO.

If he stayed in OKC and was titleless, he'd be lumped in as a slightly better James Harden IMO.

He absolutely helped his legacy by going to the GSW and history will show that, even if people in the moment think that hurt his legacy.