Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:49 AM   #120
Irish Joe
Guy Behind the Guy

Cash: 1,000,022,157.63
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,000,022,157.63
Donate
Irish Joe should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Joe should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Joe should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Joe should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Joe should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Joe should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Joe should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Joe should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Joe should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Joe should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Joe should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Notre Dame

Would love to go, as I'm sure everyone here would. The reality of it happening however isn't likely.
Irish Joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 06-11-2019, 10:58 AM   #121
dublinirish
Everestt Gholstonson

Cash: 14,225,326,036.46
Bank: 49,322,691,794.67
Total Bankroll: 63,548,017,831.14
Donate
dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!
Detroit Tigers Green Bay Packers Detroit Red Wings Eastern Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Irish View Post
The games in Ireland are cool but I wonder what Notre Dame gets out of it? I can't see them making any more money out of this then a home game. It's got to cost the AD a ton to fly the team to Ireland and house them. I can't see there being a huge Irish fan base they want to cater to. I talked to people who went to the 2012 game; they said every single person they met was there from the States.

Is it brand awareness? It's a big deal so it draws attention to Notre Dame as an academic institution? Not that ND is hurting for name recognition. And there's no way you can sell this to me as a recruitment strategy. "We've got to rotate a game to Ireland every ten years to tap into that rich Dublin H.S. talent base."

Maybe it's truly a selfless act from the school. The players like it. The fans love it. Maybe that's enough for the ND powers that be.
this is false, it costs ND nothing and as all costs are absorbed by the organizers
Old 06-11-2019, 01:35 PM   #122
Irishize
Sophomore

Cash: 3,476.69
Total Bankroll: 3,476.69
Donate
Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Irish View Post
The games in Ireland are cool but I wonder what Notre Dame gets out of it? I can't see them making any more money out of this then a home game. It's got to cost the AD a ton to fly the team to Ireland and house them. I can't see there being a huge Irish fan base they want to cater to. I talked to people who went to the 2012 game; they said every single person they met was there from the States.

Is it brand awareness? It's a big deal so it draws attention to Notre Dame as an academic institution? Not that ND is hurting for name recognition. And there's no way you can sell this to me as a recruitment strategy. "We've got to rotate a game to Ireland every ten years to tap into that rich Dublin H.S. talent base."

Maybe it's truly a selfless act from the school. The players like it. The fans love it. Maybe that's enough for the ND powers that be.
I hate this game for selfish reasons. I know they’re all young & healthy vs folks like us who are twice their age but I hate that they have to come back the following week and play a P5 team. I’ll be shocked if it’s not a close game vs Arkansas. Keep in mind, this will be Arkansas’ first visit EVER to Notre Dame Stadium. Unfortunately, ND hasn’t exactly dominated below-avg to average teams making their maiden voyage to South Bend.

And now, ND has to worry about jet-lag amongst the disruptions to their routine that come w/ this overseas travel. I remember in 2012 after ND dominated Navy in Ireland they came back home to eke out a win over a bad Purdue team. Would they have played down to Purdue regardless of the previous week’s travel? No idea, but I like their odds to take care of business if they didn’t have to contend w/ that or if they had a bye week in between. I’m doubly selfish b/c if Arkansas upsets the Irish, I will NEVER hear the end of it from my fellow Arkansans.
Irishize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 01:55 PM   #123
dublinirish
Everestt Gholstonson

Cash: 14,225,326,036.46
Bank: 49,322,691,794.67
Total Bankroll: 63,548,017,831.14
Donate
dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!
Detroit Tigers Green Bay Packers Detroit Red Wings Eastern Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishize View Post
I hate this game for selfish reasons. I know they’re all young & healthy vs folks like us who are twice their age but I hate that they have to come back the following week and play a P5 team. I’ll be shocked if it’s not a close game vs Arkansas. Keep in mind, this will be Arkansas’ first visit EVER to Notre Dame Stadium. Unfortunately, ND hasn’t exactly dominated below-avg to average teams making their maiden voyage to South Bend.

And now, ND has to worry about jet-lag amongst the disruptions to their routine that come w/ this overseas travel. I remember in 2012 after ND dominated Navy in Ireland they came back home to eke out a win over a bad Purdue team. Would they have played down to Purdue regardless of the previous week’s travel? No idea, but I like their odds to take care of business if they didn’t have to contend w/ that or if they had a bye week in between. I’m doubly selfish b/c if Arkansas upsets the Irish, I will NEVER hear the end of it from my fellow Arkansans.
theres a bye week between Navy in Dublin and the Arkansas game, they'll be fine
Old 06-11-2019, 02:08 PM   #124
Irishize
Sophomore

Cash: 3,476.69
Total Bankroll: 3,476.69
Donate
Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinirish View Post
theres a bye week between Navy in Dublin and the Arkansas game, they'll be fine
Awesome. Thanks for clarifying as I could’ve sworn I read there was no off week between games. Glad I was incorrect.
Irishize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:59 AM   #125
Black Irish
Wise Guy

Cash: 10,469,769,197.39
Bank: 65,585,997,742.61
Total Bankroll: 76,055,766,940.00
Donate
Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinirish View Post
this is false, it costs ND nothing and as all costs are absorbed by the organizers
Who are the organizers? And why is this game different that it doesn't costs ND any money for travel and lodging than any other away game?
Black Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:04 AM   #126
IrishLion
I am Beyonce, Always.

Cash: 73,584.33
Bank: 731,356,261,590,403,072.00
Total Bankroll: 731,356,261,590,476,672.00
Donate
IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds Cincinnati Bengals Cincinnati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishize View Post
Awesome. Thanks for clarifying as I could’ve sworn I read there was no off week between games. Glad I was incorrect.
It was originally scheduled to be back-to-back weeks, but ND got approval to move the game to 'week zero,' essentially creating an extra bye.
IrishLion is online now   Reply With Quote