Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Athletics
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 06-02-2019, 05:30 AM   #169
IrishLax
Playing with fire...

Cash: 127,384.50
Bank: 264,935,495,789,588,217,856.00
Total Bankroll: 264,935,495,789,588,381,696.00
Donate
IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!
Washington Nationals Washington Redskins Washington Capitals Notre Dame

Been traveling, here are some thoughts:
-I was rooting hard for Penn State because my brother played there. It's insane to me that they go put in position to rematch the only team that could beat them with "kryptonite" at the faceoff dot. This tournament will be one of the great "what ifs" because 2/3/4 Duke, UVA, Penn could've been any order. They chose to make it rubber match games in the quarterfinals... which were compelling lacrosse... but not necessarily ideal when looking forward to the final four. If you played the semis in any other combination I have little doubt PSU is the champ, but what we got was classic rock-paper-scissors with favorable matchups.
-The Yale vs UVA final was the two least deserving teams to be there since...? Yale cheated with a transfer who was only eligible because of lacrosse's gentlemen's agreement on transfer eligibility out of conference, and everyone saw how UVA got gifted their semifinal birth. It's also absurd to me that a haughty Ivy League school would take someone with three years at Albany and confer a Yale degree on him like it ain't no thang... this happened in the same conference that disallows athletic scholarships and grad transfers. A school that is supposed to be top 5 in academics in the whole world has less stringent academic requirements for a lacrosse transfer than Notre Dame does for undergrad football transfers. What a time to be alive.
-UVA, specifically, had the luckiest season I have ever seen barred none.
-I'm convinced that Notre Dame has missed their window unless they do a Brian Kelly 2017 style rebuild. The defensive talent is wayyyyyyyyyy down from Sexton/Glazener/Epple/Landis. That's just a fact, I didn't realize at the time just how talented those players were. Plus the SSDMs are not what they once were, and our goalie finished outside the top 50 in save percentage. They need to take a long look in the mirror and figure something out because the "recipe" isn't working how it used to.
-I'll give credit where credit is due, the offense was way more balanced than it has been in years past and carried this team in their wins... crazy to think what they could've looked like with Garnsey for a whole year. It will NOT be easy to replace him and Gleason. The overall talent in the midfield next year will be scary though.
-Can't wait to see what Leonard does next year.
-The shot clock was a breath of fresh air. It greatly improved the product on the field in the NCAA, and coaching with it in HS it was apparent that it rewards good defense and punishes slow substitution patterns.
IrishLax is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 06-02-2019, 07:19 AM   #170
irishrb
Blue Chip Recruit

Cash: 4,003.71
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 4,003.71
Donate
irishrb has a reputation beyond reputeirishrb has a reputation beyond reputeirishrb has a reputation beyond reputeirishrb has a reputation beyond reputeirishrb has a reputation beyond reputeirishrb has a reputation beyond reputeirishrb has a reputation beyond reputeirishrb has a reputation beyond reputeirishrb has a reputation beyond reputeirishrb has a reputation beyond reputeirishrb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLax View Post
Been traveling, here are some thoughts:
-I was rooting hard for Penn State because my brother played there. It's insane to me that they go put in position to rematch the only team that could beat them with "kryptonite" at the faceoff dot. This tournament will be one of the great "what ifs" because 2/3/4 Duke, UVA, Penn could've been any order. They chose to make it rubber match games in the quarterfinals... which were compelling lacrosse... but not necessarily ideal when looking forward to the final four. If you played the semis in any other combination I have little doubt PSU is the champ, but what we got was classic rock-paper-scissors with favorable matchups.
-The Yale vs UVA final was the two least deserving teams to be there since...? Yale cheated with a transfer who was only eligible because of lacrosse's gentlemen's agreement on transfer eligibility out of conference, and everyone saw how UVA got gifted their semifinal birth. It's also absurd to me that a haughty Ivy League school would take someone with three years at Albany and confer a Yale degree on him like it ain't no thang... this happened in the same conference that disallows athletic scholarships and grad transfers. A school that is supposed to be top 5 in academics in the whole world has less stringent academic requirements for a lacrosse transfer than Notre Dame does for undergrad football transfers. What a time to be alive.
-UVA, specifically, had the luckiest season I have ever seen barred none.
-I'm convinced that Notre Dame has missed their window unless they do a Brian Kelly 2017 style rebuild. The defensive talent is wayyyyyyyyyy down from Sexton/Glazener/Epple/Landis. That's just a fact, I didn't realize at the time just how talented those players were. Plus the SSDMs are not what they once were, and our goalie finished outside the top 50 in save percentage. They need to take a long look in the mirror and figure something out because the "recipe" isn't working how it used to.
-I'll give credit where credit is due, the offense was way more balanced than it has been in years past and carried this team in their wins... crazy to think what they could've looked like with Garnsey for a whole year. It will NOT be easy to replace him and Gleason. The overall talent in the midfield next year will be scary though.
-Can't wait to see what Leonard does next year.
-The shot clock was a breath of fresh air. It greatly improved the product on the field in the NCAA, and coaching with it in HS it was apparent that it rewards good defense and punishes slow substitution patterns.
UVA.. So lucky...Don't forget that inexusable turnover Duke had with like a minute left..
The talent of Sexton/Glazener/Epple/Landis...The Redwoods totally agree with you...
Look in the mirror??? I just don't see it...I feel like they are content with where they are.
Shot clock made this game so much more exciting! Now do something about the faceoffs...Move the wings in to get them in the mix more easily.
irishrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 11:16 AM   #171
IrishLax
Playing with fire...

Cash: 127,384.50
Bank: 264,935,495,789,588,217,856.00
Total Bankroll: 264,935,495,789,588,381,696.00
Donate
IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!
Washington Nationals Washington Redskins Washington Capitals Notre Dame

Sounds like Gerry Byrne could be headed elsewhere this offseason if the situation/pay is right. All of his kids are out of school, and it doesn’t look like Corrigan is stepping down any time soon, so the only thing that would hold him in South Bend would hypothetically be his wife’s professional roots. Interested to see if he makes the jump, I think he would be a great HC.
IrishLax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 11:45 AM   #172
tom prendergast
Walk-On

Cash: 1,831.40
Total Bankroll: 1,831.40
Donate
tom prendergast should be giving advice to Kelly!tom prendergast should be giving advice to Kelly!tom prendergast should be giving advice to Kelly!tom prendergast should be giving advice to Kelly!tom prendergast should be giving advice to Kelly!tom prendergast should be giving advice to Kelly!tom prendergast should be giving advice to Kelly!tom prendergast should be giving advice to Kelly!tom prendergast should be giving advice to Kelly!tom prendergast should be giving advice to Kelly!tom prendergast should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Sounds like Gerry Byrne could be headed elsewhere this offseason if the situation/pay is right. All of his kids are out of school, and it doesn’t look like Corrigan is stepping down any time soon, so the only thing that would hold him in South Bend would hypothetically be his wife’s professional roots. Interested to see if he makes the jump, I think he would be a great HC.
I hope Corrigan would go outside the program to replace him, and doubt he will.
tom prendergast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:40 AM   #173
Picasso
Walk-On

Cash: 21,947.41
Total Bankroll: 21,947.41
Donate
Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
I don't believe GB is going anywhere. He's got a great gig in SB where his wife has a successful practice and he has little or no real pressure from the School/AD to win a NC. While his first foray into being a HC was not successful, he's probably better prepared to be a head coach now. See Bill Bellichick or Nick Saban's forays before they become the GOAT HCs. If I'm the hiring AD, I'm asking myself, does this guy have the fire in the belly and ambition to wear the crown and be the HC? Some folks are content to be coordinators and my response is (per Clint), a man has to know his limitations.
Picasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:14 AM   #174
Picasso
Walk-On

Cash: 21,947.41
Total Bankroll: 21,947.41
Donate
Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!Picasso should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
If he goes, I'm hearing it will be Harvard. Bob Scalise the Harvard AD and a former Crimson lax HC, has not done a great job hiring/keeping good coaches. This lacrosse program is a perennial under performer and a lacrosse coach career killer. Caveat Emptor.
Picasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:37 AM   #175
FDNYIrish1
Freshman

Cash: 9,186.47
Total Bankroll: 9,186.47
Donate
FDNYIrish1 should be giving advice to Kelly!FDNYIrish1 should be giving advice to Kelly!FDNYIrish1 should be giving advice to Kelly!FDNYIrish1 should be giving advice to Kelly!FDNYIrish1 should be giving advice to Kelly!FDNYIrish1 should be giving advice to Kelly!FDNYIrish1 should be giving advice to Kelly!FDNYIrish1 should be giving advice to Kelly!FDNYIrish1 should be giving advice to Kelly!FDNYIrish1 should be giving advice to Kelly!FDNYIrish1 should be giving advice to Kelly!

It has to kill Harvard watching the success Yale has had of late. GB would seemingly be a good culture fit and certainly has the resume as a coach and player. Plus he’s got some inroads to some elite academic HS programs. Definitely makes sense and seems to be the favorite here.
FDNYIrish1 is offline   Reply With Quote